Jacksonville, FL

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 8
Jacksonville, FL
Posted: Jan 7, 2007 7:50 PM

Hello,

I just moved to the Jacksonville area and will be getting married i St. Augustine in october.. I need help with vendors in the area. My wedding is on a lower budget but I still need cake, decorative flowers, hairstylist, caterer, etc. Im hoping there are some jax brides in here! right?

MaunaLaniBride Posts : 631 Registered: 3/31/06
Re: Jacksonville, FL
Posted: Jan 7, 2007 10:58 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Try the local message boards The Knot, those girls are really helpful.  Just go to www.theknot.com then click "Talk" then click the "Local Boards" tab and find your state and whichever city is closest to you.  Good luck!

Knot bio:  http://talk.theknot.com/boards/User/Profile.aspx?UserID=86099

Posted: Jan 8, 2007 11:14 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

My best friend got married on the beach on Amelia Island--there are small hotels/resorts there that have some great all-inclusive wedding deals.  Good luck with your search--remember, Google is your friend!

Posted: Jan 9, 2007 3:07 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Me too! We are from VA, but took an amazing trip to St. Augustine in September and now really want to get married there. I'm coming up with the same problem, though, since we're aren't from there and don't know anyone in the area. If it's not too much trouble, keep me posted on your search for vendors (hair, flowers, cake, etc) I'm not getting married until next year but would appreciate your advice!

Posted: Feb 26, 2007 9:02 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

For a sure bet on the cake on a budget, you can't beat Publix.  The prices are great, and the cake will be good.  For everything else you need, try contacting the vendors on the St Augustine city website.  They all are used to dealing with destination weddings and lower budget since most people using the wedding chapel have small weddings.  You also might want to use silk flowers.  They can be used as a keepsake, and you can save money by doing it yourself, or you can have the desigers at Michaels do it for you.

Posted: Feb 26, 2007 9:05 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Go to the city of St Augustine website.  The city has a wedding chapel with planners that can do everything for you.  The best bet for an inexpensive cake is Publix.  It's a chain grocery store, but the cake is good.  You can see the cakes at Publix.com.

Posted: Mar 11, 2007 9:50 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I live in Jacksonville, and was going to get married in St. Augustine, I'll see if I can find any of my links  that I had saved before we changed our minds!! Smile

istage2sell Posts : 1 Registered: 9/23/09
Posted: Sep 23, 2009 4:13 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I recently moved to Jacksonville and got married in July. I got married at the epping forrest club. One vendor that I highly reccomend is Haley with Simplymakeup. She is an amazing makeup artist. My photos turned out to be so beautiful! She was so sweet and she came to my house for a trial run. She also let me keep my lashes and lipgloss. Her website is
www.simplymakeup.webs.com ... she also reccomended my hair stylist and photographer. Congrats to all the brides to be!!

Cindy

Cindy

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Sep 23, 2009 7:00 PM Go to message in response to: istage2sell

Ladies,

The original post was from 2007 for a 2008 wedding, which is long past.

The most recent post is from yet another free-advertising vendor.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine