Please give me your opinion on this dress!!

Online Users: 1,291 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 20
Please give me your opinion on this dress!!
Posted: Dec 12, 2006 5:07 PM

Re: Please give me your opinion on this dress!!
Posted: Dec 12, 2006 5:12 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

very pretty

H4M Posts : 49 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Dec 12, 2006 5:30 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

LOVE IT!!!

LizS Posts : 1,982 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Dec 12, 2006 5:36 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I love Amsale dresses.  Not sure what your budget is, but plan on $4,000 or more for that dress.  Probably even closer t0 $5,000- $6,500.

Do you already have this dress?  Amsale dresses usually take about 6 months to come in & I see you are getting married on 05/05/07.

Posted: Dec 12, 2006 5:39 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

The dress is gorgeous!

Posted: Dec 12, 2006 5:48 PM Go to message in response to: LizS

Junebride I know it is expensive but here is the deal-I actually fell in love with it a few months ago but couldnt afford it.  Went by yesterday and its now HALF OFF if I buy off the rack!!  I cannot believe it!!  It is still alot more than I want to spend, but such a good deal on such an amazing dress.  All they have to do is alter since it is off the rack which should only take 2-3 months, so it will be ready by my wedding.

Now my issue is how to sell my first wedding dress... I got a great deal on it, it's is inexpensive and I am hoping I can find a website to sell it on:)

Posted: Dec 12, 2006 6:24 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Have you tried it on?  Although it is a GORGEOUS dress....that style is not very flattering on many people.  I would recommend trying it on first before selling your other dress. 

BirdLover Posts : 2,834 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Dec 12, 2006 7:43 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

It's ok :P

Because I agree, I don't think that style would look good on many people, but maybe you have tried it on?

I personally spent 850 on my dress, and would not have spent a dime more.  But if you can afford it, go for it!

Posted: Dec 12, 2006 10:00 PM Go to message in response to: BirdLover

It is a great dress!  My dress is the same style, fitted trumpet.  I have know idea wht your body is like, but it is a tough style to pull off.  You have got to be curvy and hour glass: gotta have a booty, boobs, and a little waist for it to look nice.  My booty is lacking a little so I've been doing crazy squats in the gym to build it up a bit more!!!  lol...I have a somewhat flat a**...lol, but the squats have helped!

I should add, I am not being discouraging...try it on you never know!

Message was edited by FutureDocsWife on Dec 12, 2006 10:02 PM

Posted: Dec 12, 2006 10:04 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Future docs wife will you post your dress if you have it?  I appreciate the honesty!!  I am having a hard time deciding... I am 5'2 or so, 105 lbs and skinny but toned, small chested, but small waist and small  (in my opinion cute and curvy) butt!  Trust me, I am not a huge fan of trumpet dresses... I guess I really need to show ya'll with it on.  It is stupid to spend so much on a darn dress, but it is normally twice the cost, and planning a wedding tends to make you think irrationally!  I think its the chantilly lace that I adore!!

Posted: Dec 12, 2006 10:07 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

By the way I did try it on and I thought it looked great!  I wasnt a fan of it on the rack!!

Posted: Dec 12, 2006 10:19 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Well, I'm happy you liked it!!  Did you end up getting it?  If you didnt and it looks good...ITS HALF OFF. GO FOR IT!!!!! LOL

This is my dress, I ordered mine in white on white.  I dont have any pics of me in it, but I am having my first fitting on March 2nd, so I'll post some then.

I ordered mine when the trupemt style was just on its way "in".   Now, I look at all the new trumpet style dresses and I wish I would have waited to buy, there are so many great dresses now! 

Posted: Dec 12, 2006 10:39 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Oooh, I LOVE it!  Who designed that one?  Its funny, my best friend had a trumpet 2 yrs ago in her wedding and I loved it!  I really don't think its all that hard to pull off as long as you are somewhat skinny or toned-obviously if you were overweight or large hipped or bummed, it wouldn't be the best choice, but I think this style is darling on many people!! 

Posted: Dec 12, 2006 10:49 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Well thanks!! It is by Jim Hjelm.  You should check out his website he has a lot of trumpet and mermaid styles this season http://www.jimhjelmvisions.com/

Here are some other dresses I tried on that were designed by him as well (spring 06 collection, I started trying on dresses in Feb.)....

This one was on the cover of "Brides" magazine:

This dress, she said they could sew up the deep v

Posted: Dec 13, 2006 7:39 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Those are so pretty too!!  The think I love about the Amsale is it is entirely lace-it looks so feminine and classic, yet sexy at the same time.  I think with all these dresses you really have to see them on the person!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine