How many of us are there?

Online Users: 1,230 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 13
How many of us are there?
Posted: Dec 11, 2006 2:22 AM

My wedding date it July 7 2007.  I never planned it that way it just happened.  I have farming relatives that would only be able to come out in June or July for the summer months, otherwise they would be too busy.  When I realized July was the 7th I thought that would be fun 7/7 so I just needed the day now.  I figured I could wait to choose that but then started wondering what day the 7th was, a Saturday, ok that works, 7/7/7.  I recently went to a wedding show that decided that all brides should get a free Mary Kay makeover with no strings attached, so <sigh> yes I went.  While I was talking to her she mentioned another bride that had my date for the show but by the time she came for the makeover she had changed her date seeing as she couldn't find anything that wasn't booked already.  This got me thinking, I knew it was going to be a popular day but with the fact she had to change it, now I'm wondering just how many of us are there?

I would be really interested in hearing who has this day and how they decided to pick it.

Re: How many of us are there?
Posted: Dec 11, 2006 2:49 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

It is a very popular date, I have booked 3 weddings for that date. Typically July is not a big month for weddings (FYI - your vendors know that, so ask for "off season" discounts). The last time I had a request for a date this big was Dec 31, 99 because at midnight it was 1-1-01...at least the groom can't for get the date!!!

TinaNTim Posts : 254 Registered: 12/8/06
Posted: Dec 11, 2006 9:07 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

We don't have a date set yet, but my friends are getting married on 7/7/07.  They're really excited.  I'd like to have the date I have set in my profile, only because it's FH b-day.  I know he couldn't forget our anniversary then!  Plus, 8/8/08 is cool too.
If I had something smart to say, I'd type it here.

Posted: Dec 11, 2006 9:27 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am a 07 x3 bride. However, I would have to explain my choice- I wanted a July wedding close to the forth so I could have fireworks. FH didn't care if it was the weekend before or the weekend after the forth but he wanted it on a weekend. SO 2.5 years ago we set the date for a weekend wedding- July 7, 2007.

We have mostly everything booked and got first grabs as well as prices from the time we booked each item. That has helped us greatly because there are two other people getting married on 7/7/07 in my area also and they were less then pleased I had already snagged so many of the same things they wanted.

Posted: Dec 11, 2006 10:20 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I was wondering how many of are getting married 7/7/07 too. FH and I decided on this date about eight months after we were engaged. I refused to get married on 6/6/06 (Fh thought it would be funny 'day of the devil' and all of the hype that went with it and it would be easy to remember) but we agreed  7/7/07 would be easy to remember and normal, but special at the same time.
Life's too short to be unhappy.

Posted: Dec 11, 2006 10:33 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am a 07/07/07 brides as well. YAY for us... It was kinda sper of the moment for us.... we were trying to pick a date and I was looking at the calender and thought how cool would that be... Every reception place around here is booked.... Luckly I got one... And I got my photographer.... I didn't have to choose from the slopy leftovers.... Its going to be a VERY busy day! Good luck to everyone!

R & T

July 7, 2007

Posted: Dec 18, 2006 4:49 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm getting married in July but not the 7th, the 20th. I didn't even think about the 7/7/07 thing until our placed was booked and thee vendors were already in motion. I have two friends who are getting married on that date and neither have a placed booked yet. Everyplace around this area seems to have been booked on that date at least a year ago. So, I'm glad my fiance and I hadn't picked that date, plus the 20th has more meaning to us.

RockysGirl Posts : 1,125 Registered: 10/24/06
Posted: Dec 19, 2006 3:20 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

While many like the summer wedding and some go for the 7-7-7 thing, I've seen that many couples choose this date for it's religious significance.  While 666 is the sign of the devil, 777 is actually just the opposite.  Many heavenly and Godly things in the Bible came in 7's and it is like a blessed number. 

Posted: Dec 24, 2006 1:33 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

my wedding date is 7-7-07 too, i picked it because our 1st date was one july 7, 2001, and when i saw it was on a saturday and the lucky numbers i couldn't resist! My fiance can never forget our anniversary now, nor our birthdays because that is the same too (may 8)! we are doing red and black, with a vegas theme. we booked it last june and the church even earlier to secure the date. I read in the paper 7-7-07 is a very popular date.

SaucyMrsK Posts : 1,175 Registered: 12/27/06
Posted: Dec 27, 2006 5:49 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

My FH and I have been talking about out wedding since before we were even engaged. One day I was looking at the calendar to plan something and realized that July 7 was a Saturday. So I just said if we get married next year, we should do it on July 7 -- 777 sounds like a  great  day; and it's even a weekend!

So on Christmas day, after he proposed I asked him when he wanted to get married ... and he said on 777 of course! Nuff Said Smile

Posted: Jan 4, 2007 3:38 PM Go to message in response to: SaucyMrsK

My date is 7-7-7. It is really neat to know all of you other girls will have the same special day! We didn't plan on having 7-7-7 at first. I actually wanted 6-2-7 but the place we chose happened to have one opening available for the whole spring and summer; 7-7-7! My fiance and I actually started dating on 4-4-4 so it is a bit odd that our wedding date is also a triple number. Anyone else getting married in Florida?? Congrats and good luck to all of you!!

Posted: Jan 4, 2007 7:39 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

OMG I am sooooo excited!!1 WE put the deposit down today on our wedding/reception site! It's going to be so gorgeous!  It is in Southern California where we both grew up... and he works for the park district that maintains the place too. Ever since i met my FH he has always talked about "if" he ever got married he wanted to do it at Strathearn Park

Here is the website to check it out... Awesome I get an ooutdoor gazebo wedding to the most wonderful man alive (well for me anyway :))

http://www.simihistory.com/Index.html

Posted: Jan 4, 2007 7:58 PM Go to message in response to: SaucyMrsK

I am also a 07-07-07 bride, my FH and I picked it out in April when we were seeing a movie and saw an ad for a movie coming out 06-06-06 and I was like wouldnt it be cool if we got married 07-07-07, he said yeah but I am sure its not a sat. I check and it was, and after that we were set. By the end of April I had already booked my ceremony and reception cite, and over the summer I booked my DJ and photographer. The only thing I have left is to find a priest, which I am doing this week or next and pick a florist. I am glad I booked over a year in advance because so much is already taken. 

Any other 07-07-07 brides getting married in MD? 

Posted: Jan 16, 2007 7:43 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Just out of curiosity.. how many of you ufellow 777ers are tired of hearing "that is a popular date" or "I am all booked up, its such a popular date..." yada yada.. I am sooo tired of hearing that! I want to shout of COURSE I KNOW that! 

OK I am just venting, a little frustrated here is all!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine