Who else has a non-diamond engagement ring?

Online Users: 1,347 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 24
Who else has a non-diamond engagement ring?
Posted: Nov 16, 2006 9:01 AM

Mine is a lovely 3.5 carat pink sapphire

Message was edited by Vannabunny on Nov 16, 2006 9:02 AM

hollyb76 Posts : 249 Registered: 9/27/06
Re: Who else has a non-diamond engagement ring?
Posted: Nov 16, 2006 10:10 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'd love to see a picture of it!

Posted: Nov 26, 2006 11:41 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

AHHH! Thank you for starting this thread! I have one! Mine is an aquamarine set in white gold with two small diamonds on the side. Three people I know had various stones as well (one had a saphirre, one a green stone I can't spell the name of, and the third a fire opal)

Here's mine; I would love to see all of yours!

Posted: Nov 27, 2006 2:53 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Here's a pic of mine.  My FH designed it with a jeweler I really like.  It has an amethyst, pearl, and  peridot and the wedding band (also shown) has a small diamond - although some of that is being changed soon.

To see you when I wake up is a gift I didn't think could be real.

To know that you feel the same as I do is a 3-fold utopian dream.

Posted: Nov 29, 2006 7:38 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

That ring is really cool.

Posted: Dec 6, 2006 9:55 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I do. It's a Moissanite center stone with pink sapphires on the sides. I love it :-*

Posted: Dec 8, 2006 12:11 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

me me me!!! i thought i wanted a diamond and platinum ring, and then reality hit. even though it's a ring i'll wear for the rest of my life, things like bills and savings come 1st! and i like some bling, so i didn't want a microscopic diamond. :) luckily a friend referred us to a fabulous jewelry store where the owner designs (with the customer's help) and makes every piece himself. it was an amazing process from our design to choosing stones to the hand-made wax model to the finished product. it took about 3 months, but it was worth it!!! it's a white gold ring with 2.5 carats of white sapphires. this pic doesn't show my fav part - the setting has a tulip-like criss cross holding the stones in place. and we had corner bezzles holding the stones because i work in a lab and take gloves on and off all day (this was my FH's biggest concern and why we couldn't do a prong setting). so ladies - if you want the look of diamonds and a fraction of the cost (5-10%), consider white sapphires!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Katrina and Jim

July 21, 2007

newsjunkie Posts : 3,417 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Dec 15, 2006 9:15 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

White sapphires?  How cool!  I never heard of them before.  Where do you find them?  I have never seen them in any jewerly store, did you special order yours?  I bet the jewelry stores doesn't want to stock them because they look so much like diamonds only are so much cheaper!

Everyone else's rings are amazing, too.  It's great to see so many women with such unique and personal rings.

Posted: Dec 16, 2006 9:28 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Me too!  I have a stunning 6 carat Aquamarine flanked by five little diamonds on each side.  The ring is an antique from the Art Deco era.  Kinda swanky, but totally 'me'!!  ;)

Posted: Dec 17, 2006 1:49 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

My ring isa three stone amethyest.  The center one is about 1 carat, the two side ones are like half a carat and then there are tiny little diamonds on each side of the stones.

Posted: Dec 18, 2006 12:13 PM Go to message in response to: newsjunkie

i didn't know anything about white sapphires either - it was my FH's suggestion. we did go to an independent jeweler for the ring. i don't know if all jewelry stores can get them. our jeweler henri david goes through someone in nyc to get unique stones. it took about 2 months b/c they had to get big enough white sapphires (which are hard to find b/c sapphires get their color from the surrounding minerals so a pure white sapphire is untouched and rare) and then cut them to the size and shape we wanted. at 1st FH and i planned on replacing the stones with diamonds on our 10 yr anniversary when we were settled and hopefully had $. now i love my ring so much that i can't see ever spending the $ on diamonds.

Katrina and Jim

July 21, 2007

Message was edited by tela on Dec 18, 2006 12:13 PM

SamyRae7 Posts : 1 Registered: 12/21/10
Re: Who else has a non-diamond engagement ring? ....I do!
Posted: Dec 21, 2010 9:58 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I have a very non-traditional engagement ring. It is 1/10 ct 10k white gold bow ring. It shimmers, and is super girly. I love it! and wouldn't trade it for any other!

http://www.zales.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3864447

I wrote a review on the ring and pictures are attached...Belpre, OH

Edited by: SamyRae7 on Dec 21, 2010 9:59 PM

Edited by: SamyRae7 on Dec 21, 2010 10:00 PM

jbear Posts : 73 Registered: 9/18/06
Re: Who else has a non-diamond engagement ring? ....I do!
Posted: Dec 28, 2010 4:34 PM Go to message in response to: SamyRae7

i love all of these!

i also have an aquamarine! with platinum and diamonds

ring1 by you.

And since I am terrible at photographing jewelry, apparently... here is the ring that they based it off of- it's very, very similar, but the prongs are a little different.

http://www.rumouronline.com/Bespoke/image-page.php?link=121-Aqua-princess.gif

Loreleis_Song Posts : 4 Registered: 12/31/10
Posted: Dec 31, 2010 2:13 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I will be. My main ring is a diamond but I will be getting a Black Diamond soon. He's also thinking about getting an Aquamarine one too.

*I joke about having a ring for each of my moods. I have a severe metal allergy and always have to change my rings around. Thus the multiple rings... Plus I kinda want something a little smaller than the one I have now. Poor thing gets beat up so bad when I work.

Anastassia Posts : 1 Registered: 1/2/11
Posted: Jan 2, 2011 2:45 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I have one! It is an antique heirloom ring from Rome (I was proposed to in Rome where I was studying abroad). It's an emerald set among diamonds..

Edited by: Anastassia on Jan 2, 2011 2:45 PM

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine