Fall themed wedding in June?

Online Users: 1,353 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

AshBear21 Posts : 12 Registered: 9/5/06
Fall themed wedding in June?
Posted: Dec 3, 2006 9:43 PM

I will be graduating college in the Spring of 2008 with a teaching degree. My Mother suggests that I plan a summer wedding b/c I will be getting a teaching job for the following school year in the fall. I love everything about fall from the pumpkins, to the leaves and all the warm colors. I want a fall wedding, but I don't think it will be reasonable. So I have considered my Mother's option, but I wonder if it would be possible to have a fall themed wedding anyway. I was thinking about having pink, orange and brown as my main colors. Could I still incorporate pumpkins and leaves into the wedding? I say yes, b/c I love fall soooooo much, but I would like to hear your ideas!!

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Re: Fall themed wedding in June?
Posted: Dec 4, 2006 8:32 AM Go to message in response to: AshBear21

OF COURSE YOU CAN! But keep in mind this is coming from someone who just had a "Christmas In October" wedding theme lol. I did everything Christmas, but it was in the fall. So no reason you cant do everything fall in the summer! Call it "Autumn in July" or something.... my save the dates said "Christmas comes but only once a year... unless, of course you attend our wedding." So you could make THAT the theme of it, that its autumn in the summertime... if you have it in late summer, you can prob find a lot of fall-like decor etc in stores since they put most stuff out early. The Christmas Tree Shop is great for all that stuff. Costco. Micheals Craft Store. You can find all kinds of great stuff at these places ..and I think your colors are great too. Go for it!

Kelley Lynn:)

AshBear21 Posts : 12 Registered: 9/5/06
Posted: Dec 4, 2006 9:41 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Thanks for your support and ideas! I was talking to my Mother last night and I even thought about a late summer early fall wedding since my cousin is getting married in June. I think two June wedding for our families is a bit much, so my Mother suggested early August right before I would have to start work teaching. In August I know I could def pull off a Autumn wedding theme. I also like your idea of Autumn in July! lol! That's cute. So maybe this whole dream fall wedding of mine may work after all!

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Dec 5, 2006 7:48 PM Go to message in response to: AshBear21

Yes absolutely! Autumn in August lol. Let me know if you need any ideas, help, etc. Im always happy to share ideas... and I LOVE autumn weddings!!!
Kelley Lynn:)

newsjunkie Posts : 3,417 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Dec 6, 2006 11:39 AM Go to message in response to: AshBear21

I think it is a great idea!  I just want to add that you might want to stock up on pumpkin things now because they may be difficult to get in July/August.  You could probably find things now for WAY cheap, that's always good!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine