Any August 07 Brides???

Online Users: 1,357 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 17
Any August 07 Brides???
Posted: Nov 19, 2006 8:30 PM

My dates 08/11/07 and i wanted to get an idea of how much some of you had done. I'm in some kind of "don't care" world. Lately i just don't care to do anything wedding related, but i also don't want to put something off if i should be getting it done.  Thanks

PTGirl09 Posts : 141 Registered: 9/4/06
Re: Any August 07 Brides???
Posted: Nov 19, 2006 9:34 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Mine is 8-11-07 too!  I have actually already gotten a lot done, mainly because I am in grad school and I don't have a lot of time to plan.  The first thing I did was reserve the church and reception hall (most important) and I was prepared with several workable dates since I didn't have many options.  Everything else has sort of fallen into place... I went to a friend's wedding and really liked her band so I booked them.  Getting the photographer was high on my list b/c they usually only do one wedding per day.  Those are the main things.  I also found a florist through the photographer when I wasn't even looking.  I've also started looking at bridesmaids dresses, the salon suggested I order them by Jan or Feb b/c they take about 4 months to get in and you should allow at least 1 month for alterations.  Hope this helps! Good luck planning, and don't worry, you have plenty of time!

tanalynn Posts : 491 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Nov 19, 2006 10:42 PM Go to message in response to: PTGirl09

Mine is 8/04/2007 and I have my reception and cermony place booked, photog dep, DJ paid, florist, Dress, and cake paid. I also have a lot of the small things like guest books, toasting glasses and stuff

Tana & Mark

Posted: Nov 20, 2006 5:06 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hello ladies !!
So this is my wedding stuff, feel free too put your stuff in here.
Me in my dress
Again me in my dress

My tiara and veil
This is what I'm going to wear under my dress.
This my garter that I'm going to kip
This is the garter I'm going to toss
My neckless

This is a idea of what I won't for my hair.
This is the way I'm going to wear the veil
This is a idea of what i won't for my make up
This is my bouquet, My MOH is going to be a little smaller and in white and my flower gril it's going to be in white to and around 9 roses.
For the mothers
 For the Groom, Best man, fathers but for the Best Man, father it's going to be in white.
This is for the little boy who's going to bring the ring and in white.
This is the cake whit no flower
This is the cake top
This is the pillow for the ring's
This is the invitation
The guest book
Toasting flute
We are doing Bookmark for the guest at the reception, but we haven't decided for the text.
We still working on the ceremony program.
Of first song is (Thank You for loving me -  BonJovi)
The dance with my father is (Dance with my father - Luther Vandross)
The song that we are entrance the reception is (Accidentlaly in love - counting crow)
My brothers are going to dance on the song of (Captain Jack) because they are older than me and not married yet. 
And the kissing game is going to be  a Wedding wheel.  And this it for now. I reserve the church and reception hall.  The DJ, photographer, dinner, decoration, cake flower book. And I'm doing to start my alteration in May.

Posted: Nov 20, 2006 11:28 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hi there!  I'm getting married on 8/25/07, and so far I've booked the hotel, the wedding and reception will be there, the save the dates have gone out, and i'm going to nj to look at photographers im in ri, but the wedding will be in nj, and i'm not looking forward to the seating plan either!!

Posted: Nov 21, 2006 12:51 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

My wedding is also on 8/11, and so far Ive done a lot of research but not much is official. Im planning a small informal beach wedding and backyard reception which my family is catering. The bridesmaids are choosing their own dresses in shades of blue, and the groomsmen are going to be wearing casual but nice silk hawaiian shirts. The only things I really need to research are the cake, the photographer, the invites, the bouquet, and of course my dress. I am not going to go all out on the decor, its mainly going to be lots of candles and sea glass. Basically, Im keeping it simple. I dont feel tons of pressure to have a perfect wedding, as long as the people that I care about are there. Good luck!

Posted: Nov 21, 2006 6:40 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I guess i'm not doing too bad then. Thanks!!!  I've gotten quite a bit done too. I just didn't want to forget about something until it's too late.  I've got the church booked, but i still need to set up our first meeting with the priest, the hall & caterer, the dj, the photographer probably - i'm making a final decision on that sometime soon, my dress, viel, garter, flowers (i'm making all my own), the centerpieces almost taken care of, the bridesmaids dresses, and a few of the smaller things. I'm trying to do a lot of it with my mom, stepmom, and MOH so it takes a little longer to get the details taken care of.  Good Luck to all of you!

FutureMrsP2007 Posts : 194 Registered: 12/6/06
Posted: Dec 6, 2006 11:14 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

August 4th '07 ! YAY!! I have got all the basic things down, such as place, time, photographer, hotel rooms, hair, makeup, DJ, Caterer, my aunt is doing flowers... and I am ordering my dress when I go home for Christmas. I am starting to look for ideas for BM's dresses online and all the other little details. I am also finishing up school here so I am trying to do as much as fast as I can. I hopefully will get alot more done IN january!

Posted: Dec 6, 2006 5:55 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsP2007

Should I go ahead and book hair and makeup???

Tana & Mark

FutureMrsP2007 Posts : 194 Registered: 12/6/06
Posted: Dec 6, 2006 6:08 PM Go to message in response to: tanalynn

I would, if you know where you want to get them done, you might as well. Then atleast you know that you have them and someone else isn't going to book them. I booked my hair and makeup right away. The wedding is in a smaller city where there is limited makeup/hair salons, I knew where I wanted it done, and now I dont have to stress about who is going to do it. I have heard of 4 other weddings the same day as mine, and there is only ONE good makeup place... and I have it :) .

Posted: Dec 23, 2006 8:10 AM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsP2007

Hello

I am gettin married on aug. 4th 2007 aswell.. Time seems like it's flying by. I have the venue, food, cake, my dress ordered and paid and my aunt is makin the cake and the decorations are picked out just have toget them all, my BM's dresses are picked out just need to be ordered, and haven't decide on which photographer yet but i got my hair style picked out.Seems like i have a milllion more things to do still though.. oh yah and invitations are designed just waiting to be built..

Posted: Jan 7, 2007 8:29 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hello! I am getting married on 8/18/2007! I can't wait! So far, we have the ceremony site, reception site, DJ, caterer, photographer, cake, bridesmaid dresses, and  rings! I'm still looking for my dress..I can't believe how many styles and dresses are out there! But to get exactly what you want.. is even harder! How's everyone else doing? PTgirl09 are you a PT grad student? I am as well.. and isn't it hard to plan a wedding while being in grad school? So far, it hasn't yet.. but since my school is in the midwest and my wedding is in California.. it's hard!

Best of luck everyone!

Jules1580

Posted: Jan 7, 2007 11:36 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

What does everyone else have done... I need to get my DIY invites printed. We also need to to look at wedding bands. I am planning on getting my hair and make up appointments this week and I have the BM dresses narrowed down to three

Tana & Mark

Posted: Jan 8, 2007 11:11 AM Go to message in response to: tanalynn

im getting married on august 5, 2007. honestly, all we have is our space. my mom's in town so we went and placed the order for my dresses this past weekend. my fiance and i are both graphic designers, so we're doing our own invites, so we're kind of relaxed about that. we're meeting our decorators end january, so i guess things will pick up then, but im not feeling too much pressure or stress right now, thank goodness! too much pressure= inner bridezilla mode for me.

where are you girls looking for photographers? i have a couple in mind but they're out of our budget and i'd really rather not do that. cant seem to find anyone in the $1500 range. is that entirely unrealistic?

07/05/2007

PTGirl09 Posts : 141 Registered: 9/4/06
Posted: Jan 8, 2007 11:26 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Jules1580, yes I am a PT grad student and it has been difficult to find time to plan a wedding, especially since we go year round.  My mom has been a really big help though.  I'm her only daughter, and when I told her my concerns about planning the wedding when I am still in school, she said "Don't worry, hon. I'll take care of everything."  We really have had fun planning together and have split responsibilities like contacting vendors.  I have tried to get most of the big stuff out of the way b/c this next semester looks like a hard one.  Making decisions has been surprisingly easy so far, has anyone else felt this way?

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine