October Brides

Online Users: 1,345 guest(s), 3 user(s). Replies: 5
October Brides
Posted: Oct 23, 2006 6:46 PM

Well, we finally had the wedding the wedding of our dreams and allt he work was completely worth it.  It was beautiful, elegant, and pictures will be posted when I get a chance to figure out how.  How was everyone elses?? Paxbug, Grebies??  The good news, it didn't snow, bad news a friend of ours was seriously injured in the snowstorm in Buffalo .  I got to see all my friends and family in one place together and was so excited, I forgot to take the mic and thank everyone.  But I want to hear how yours was.

newsjunkie Posts : 3,417 Registered: 3/30/06
Re: October Brides
Posted: Oct 23, 2006 7:14 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Mine was great, I wrote a post already about the best and worst parts.  :)  What was your best and worst? 

I forgot to tell everyone that my dad accidentally ripped off my veil when he hugged me after walking me down the aisle.  I didn't even notice and had no idea it wasn't on my head until 10 minutes after it was all over when someone handed it to me to put on for the pictures!  All I could see was my FH (now DH) and I didn't even notice anything else!

Posted: Oct 23, 2006 11:32 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

HAHA, my dad tripped pver my dress also, but he didn't ruin anything.  The worst part of the night was the 45 minutes I missed b/c we were trying to figure out how to keep my train up after someone stepped on it and the cheap buttons the seamstress used broke.  The acutal buttons broke, so we ended up pinning it up with about 20 small gold pins.  and they forgot to tell everyone to sit down, so everyone stood up through the entire ceremony, so I missed 45 minutes of my reception.  I loved everything else.

Posted: Oct 25, 2006 12:21 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Mine was also a fantastic day! I wouldn't change a thing. Things went off without a hitch! I am so sad it's over but so certain all of the hard work and planning and love was completely present that day. Glad to hear everyone had great days ...

Posted: Nov 7, 2006 8:25 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hey girls! Sorry so late, we just got back from our honeymoon late last week, and we both have been sick! What a fun way to start a marriage!Tongue out

The honeymoon was sooooo amazing! We went all over the Eastern caribbean.

As for the wedding, it was sooo unbelievably beautiful! I cannot wait to get my pictures! I guess they come in on Friday. I also had a father/daughter down the isle issue! The string quartet that was playing for the ceremony was supposed to play "air" for the seating of the mothers/grandmothers, then "ave maria" for the BM's, and then into "Canon D" for dad and I. Well...they skipped Ave Maria and my dad and I kept waiting and waiting! We couldn't tell what they were playing. Then my sis (and MOH) went around to fix my dress and my "day-of" coordinater didn't see her and sent the flowergirls out. So my MOH went AFTER them! THEN, I was starting to get worried (as the BM's had been gone a while at this point!) and I asked my coordinator to check and see what was going on, and she peeked out and was like, "Everyone is just sitting there!" So we went. My MIL told me later that she was starting to worry that I had gotten cold feet!

The rest of the ceremony was PERFECT!!! Literally could not have gone better or been more beautiful!

How are you girls doing now?

Posted: Nov 7, 2006 11:35 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

We couldn't have asked for better weather for our day!!  Everything went smoothly for the most part.  Florist made a mistake and the cake was terrible looking but tasted awesome.  But that is really it.  Not bad for doing it all ourselves! 
http://grantandjen.weddingannouncer.com

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine