october brides freak-out session

Online Users: 1,347 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 36
Re: october brides freak-out session
Posted: Oct 4, 2006 10:11 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I know about waking up at 2am - trying to write 1 more thing on my to do list... So here is my vent: A month to go & my Hairdresser tells me she can't do my hair (and it was for free) then a week after that my makeup artist cancels. So I have to find replacements. Then my bridesmaids all fight with my sister (the MOH) and mother about the cost of my shower. After that my FH's job sends him away for 2 weeks, 3 weeks before our wedding. I then manage to burn my face while eating – (very) hot sauce splashes on my chin. The same day the burn happens I drop one of my birth control pills & can't find it. One of my husbands groomsmen wants to wear a short sleeve shirt w/ his tux- can't wait to see if it's ruffled & powder blue as well. Our travel agent screws up our Honeymoon registry - so people actually get turned away from contributing. Then our flights get cancelled & we have to change airports - from Newark to JFK and now my father won't drive us cause he hates driving in NY. Plus we find out that he has skin cancer - looking good though, they think they got it all & are hopeful. Then I have to lend my parents some money - it's tight all over with us. And did I mention the company I work for is slowly going under & I am not able to cash paychecks for weeks at a time - fun with wedding vendors to pay. I also may not have a job when I get back if company continues downhill. Now I'm getting married on Monday - yes on a Monday (10/9) and my FH has just informed me that I have to pick him up from work on Saturday when I was planning on getting all my last minute errands done- I know this sounds like a very small thing but he works an hour away & I don't know how to get there & tend to get lost. So 2 hours to pick him up & who knows how many for me to find the place. And now a wisdom tooth is coming in - the entire left side of my face hurts. Oh and I only knew 2 people at my bachelorette party - no one else (including all my BM's) that I knew could make it & the stripper didn't show up. I didn't really mind the stripper not showing up though. And I know everyone is doing it but I had to call a ton of people who didn't bother to RSVP - what is that? And I had to email 3 different people all the info from the invite because they all lost theirs. And I really need some sleep! So those are my tales of woe - I hope that it's like "if you have a lousy dress rehearsal you'll have a great opening night" -or something like that. I do think all the tri-state area brides should meet & have a few shots or at least a few glasses of wine before we all get married but unfortunately I don't have the time . I wish you all the best with your weddings & hope nothing else goes wrong with mine. Thanks for letting me vent!

Posted: Oct 4, 2006 10:13 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

My wedding is - gasp! - this Saturday October 7th!  My wedding is in the Denver area but I've planned it from the other side of the mountains.  We have most everything lined up and confirmed - but now it's the "small" things that stressful.  Where the hell are the Jordan Almonds I ordered?  (by the way DON'T use jordanalmonds.com - might look nice on the website but terrible customer service & I still don't know if they've actually shipped my order yet)  My programs are, well, not programs yet.  I'm waking up at night "did we order enough wine? I'm not sure we have enough wine!?".   Will Jane Doe get along with John Smith at Table #7??  How do I make a table seating board - I'm not freakin' Martha Stewart!

I'm sure it will all come out in the end - not enough can be said for planning ahead!  A variety of family and friends hit town on Thursday and Friday - and I might be 37 but still look forward to my mom (that crafty, creative woman!) to help me put together the last details (parents live in another state 1,000 miles away).

At least no one has asked about the smell of linens - yet! 

Posted: Oct 4, 2006 12:18 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Okay, even though I feel bad for all of you...I am sooo glad that I am not alone! A couple weeks ago I was posting on here and some of the girls were telling me that I was acting a little strange, and was too stressed out, etc. and I was like, "WAIT UNTIL YOU ARE LIKE 3 WEEKS AWAY FROM YOUR WEDDING!!! YOU WILL BE CRAZY TOO!" Sigh. Yell

Anyway, oh well. We are 10 days out now, and there are still a million little things to do. I keep telling FH that he needs to decide on the friggin' GM gifts and he still hasn't figured that out yet! I have been telling him just to DECIDE for months!!! AND I have given him a ton of ideas. Not to mention he doesn't even have to go buy the darn things, just make up his mind!!!

Latest news is that after FMIL and I's big argument last week we really hadn't spoken much, but yesterday she sent an "I'm sorry" card, it was very very sweet of her actually.

I almost feel like I am too freaked out to finish things. It is like I am sooo overwhelmed, that instead of just doing stuff, I sit around and think about it, then panick, and then sit around some more trying to decide where to begin! Anyone else doing that ??

We have gotten some HUGE wedding gifts from people we hardly know. Someone I have never met, that my fiance hasn't seen since childhood, sent a $200 gift yesterday, and they are coming in from another state to make the wedding (airplane flight, hotel room, outfits for the wedding, etc.) I can't believe how generous some people are being.

At least I am FINALLY starting to get excited...cannot WAIT until everything is ready to go..then I will be SO HAPPY!

Newsjunkie, I am soooo sorry about your hysterectomy! Ouch! I think you are making the right decision by not telling anyone til after the wedding. The last thing you need on your wedding day is bunch of pity and questions!

Posted: Oct 4, 2006 1:11 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

OMG THAT HAPPENED TO ME WITH THE ALMONDS!!!! I sent them dozens of emails yelling that I wanted my order shipped, and they either told me the shipment was out (when it wasn't) or that they were sending me a fresh batch. I DONT CARE ABOUT A FRESH BATCH SEND ME THE DAMN ALMONDS!!! You have to keep emailing them over and over again until you actually have your almonds in your hands.

Posted: Oct 4, 2006 1:59 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

"It is like I am sooo overwhelmed, that instead of just doing stuff, I sit around and think about it, then panick, and then sit around some more trying to decide where to begin! Anyone else doing that ??"

Yes, I am totally doing that. I am doing that right now, at work, instead of working. And when I get home I'll do it there too. I have to pack for my Honeymoon & wedding & I hate to pack! I'm doing it in stages but it just does not get done. Probably cause I'm not doing very much cause I HATE it. I'm having a very rough couple of days. Glad to hear that I'm not alone either!

Message was edited by festivechaos on Oct 4, 2006 2:01 PM

NowMrsMark Posts : 118 Registered: 4/25/06
Posted: Oct 5, 2006 9:39 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

2 days to go!!!  This will be my last day of non-wedding related errands.  Tomorrow the fun begins!!

We've been watching the weather:  earlier this week they were calling for a chance of rain, yesterday it was a slight chance, today they said a slight chance in the evening.  Highs in the mid 60's.  YEAH. 

Last night at the rehearsal, my MOH said "BREATHE".  I must have been stressed....you think??  It was pretty hectic with the kids and the commotion happening at church (all children Nutcracker tryouts in the basement).  But FH and I had a very special moment (posted a thread in Ceremonies and Traditions about it). 

What ever are we going to do after our weddings are over??  I'm sure there will be other stresses to deal with.

Smile

NowMrsMark Posts : 118 Registered: 4/25/06
Posted: Oct 5, 2006 10:22 AM Go to message in response to: NowMrsMark

OK, another vent post:  just got an e-mail from my "mink stole" aunt....I'm not so sure we're related.  lol

I've arranged for an adult sitter to watch the kids (age range 5 to 14) during the reception and for the entire evening.  My 14 y.o. cousin has now decided to come, no problem, I've offered the cousin to stay at our house with the rest of the kids so her parents (my aunt & uncle) could have an enjoyable evening.  My aunt's response:  "Well, HELLO, back to you, me?  If I chose who I would stay with, it would be cousins, but I am thinking that my kids are not the norm, Jana wants to come back to hotel with us.  That is going to be challenging as I was hoping to have a few drinks.  Buzz would then too, so I am not looking forward to driving afterward and getting Jana."

I responded by saying where she stayed was the least of my concerns, and I had only planned on having a sitter to watch the kids so the parents could have a worry free night. 

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR  WHATEVER

Lisa75 Posts : 271 Registered: 8/15/06
Posted: Oct 5, 2006 10:28 AM Go to message in response to: NowMrsMark

Yeaaayyy, Mrs.Mark you are getting married soon.  Congradulations and I hope everything goes as planned. 

Everyone else especially FestiveChaos, take a deeeaaapp breath.  Ask someone for help.  I freaked out a little and was stressing a lot but it all turned out perfect.  I didn't have someone to do my hair until the last hour before my wedding.  She just happend to be at the reception hall doing fsil's hair.  It was great.  Ha.  It will be ok. Breathe.  Good luck to you all and please post pics when you get back from your honeymoon.

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Oct 5, 2006 10:43 AM Go to message in response to: Lisa75

Mel, Im STILL laughing at Smell the Linens. It sounds like one of those horrible Lifetime Specials for Women... "It was a story of hope, of sorrow, of despair. All she wanted was to get married... but then, mother-in-law intervened and asked her to SMELL THE LINENS!! Dont miss this lifetime special event. Smell the Linens this Sunday at 8pm" I would totally watch that.

OK Im now 22 days away and its definate freak out time. I invited 140 people, and our reception hall has a minimum of 100. You would THINK that Id be safe with that ratio right? NOT!!! Right now we only have 70 confirmed, which means we would have to pay for 30 empty plates!!! That sucks!! Im going to be getting people off the damn street to come to my wedding. Anyone wanna come? lol. This is insane. Sooo many people who said they were coming all along sent us Regrets instead, so its been really disappointing. I hope more people start saying YES really soon, like today! Anyway, thats my latest thing Im stressing over.

Getting my hair trail thing done today, I hope the woman isnt awful and that my hair comes out good. There is sooo much to do still, and time is running out. And someone on here posted about the wedding party gifts... and I realized, oh crap! I forgot all about that!! Thats ANOTHER Thing we gotta do. And suddenly I cant reach my DJ... Im sure Im panicking for nothing, but Ive sent them 2 emails and a msg and no response. Thats freaking me out, GET BACK TO ME Im so paranoid about being scammed that if someone doesnt return my call immediately I flip out lol.

Kelley Lynn:)

Posted: Oct 5, 2006 5:03 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

I told the grandparents, parents, family that might be in pictures that all I wanted them to stick with is fall colors when it comes to their outfits.  All of my FBILs and FSIL are in the bridal party in some way - two are groomsmen, one is an usher and the only girl is a bridesmaid.  So the guys are all wearing burnt orange vests, and the girl is wearing a "wine" colored dress. FMIL is wearing black.  That's cool with me - she wanted to look slimmer, and I was all for it.  FFIL?  He's got BLUE!  WTF?  BLUE IS NOT A FALL COLOR!!! I think if I was a few months away I'd just laugh, but it's 8 or so days away and the doofus wants to wear BLUE.  EVERYONE ELSE WILL BE in fall colors and he'll be BLUE.  He's going to make my pictures funny!!!

Oh, by the way, I did go smell the linens.  They smelled like any other damn linens.  I didn't take pictures, though.  I mean, I smelled the linens.  I thought that was friggin' good enough.  FMIL is driving over to look at the room - and presumably smell the linens herself.  Bon voyage!!!

Posted: Oct 5, 2006 10:37 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

ok, rehearsal is tomorrow night...does anyone else have the sick feeling in their stomache!? I can't believe it's time for the REHEARSAL!!!!

I had my hair colored today and thank GOD it came the right shade. I was so nervous becuase my hair is so insane and doesn't cooperate. FH and I practiced dancing today, and we are so awful it's comical...

Posted: Oct 7, 2006 9:51 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Does anyone else have a very sick feeling in their stomach that something is going to go horribly, irreversibly wrong at their wedding?  We went to a wedding yesterday and I dreamt the rest of the night about everything that could go wrong....

Posted: Oct 7, 2006 10:34 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

i am not feeling that but i don't think you are weird for thinking it. that is obviously a fear! i look at it like, unless something horrible happens to someone, nothing that can happen is going to go noticed by guests. they will not know the difference! hang in there and don't let the stress get to you girlfriend. it's gonna be an amazing day!

Posted: Oct 8, 2006 1:49 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Mel, I am TERRIFIED that everything will not come together! I have planned sooooo many "little things" that I cannot IMAGINE every single thing will come together (well, actually I KNOW it won't!) and I am just wondering which thing will be messed up! It all means so much to me, that I am terrified of what it will be!

As far as being frustrated with guests, yep, I know that feeling! My MOH is my sister and she has ALWAYS irritated me to no end!The latest thing she has done...SHE HAD HER BM DRESS ALTERED WITHOUT CONSULTING ME!!!!! And NO, I do NOT mean she had it fitted (obviously that would be fine) she had  BUSTLE added!!! And she was like, "well I am MOH, don't you thing my dress should be a little different?" I was like, "well you could freakin' ASK me!!!!!!!!!!!!" ALSO, she asked if her FH's grandma could come, and I was like "sure she can." So I sent her an invite, but I DID NOT put "and guest" because I figured my sister and this woman's grandson would be her "guests", and then I got her response card, and she is BRIGING 2 PEOPLE who I have never met!!! I told my mom and she was like, "well I am sure your sister told her she could." And I was like "UM, IT IS SOOO NOT HER PLACE TO INVITE RANDOM PEOPLE TO MY WEDDING WITHOUT EVEN ASKING ME!!  IT ISN'T HER DAMN WEDDING!!!" I mean, every single person costs me more money! And FH and I are paying for this wedding ourselves! She seems to think that since she is the one who introduced me to FH that she can just do whatever she wants at this wedding!

EEEERRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!! She needs to WAKE UP AND SMELL THE LINENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tongue out

Posted: Oct 8, 2006 3:04 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

ROFLMAO Paxbug!  That was just what I needed!  I am so stressed - six days away, and it seems everyone gets to take time off but me this next week! FH isn't working his second job, my mom and dad are both taking huge chunks of time off, and my wedding planner is also take the week off.  As for me?  It's freaking MIDTERMS!  I'm working harder than I have all semester (I'm still in college...sixth year senior, baby!) and having migraines most nights!  Right now, honestly, I just can't wait for our jacuzzi suite the night of our wedding.  I might not ever get out of that tub!  Ahhhh, relaxation!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine