how to pick the dj??

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 23
Re: how to pick the dj??
Posted: Oct 7, 2006 10:37 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Well, our DJ was very nice and we read reviews by other clients, got to speak with some other brides, and he even found a bride that was willing to let us come to her reception to see him DJ. Unfortunately, we weren't able to make it to her reception (family emergency) but it went a long way to impress us that he did so much to prove the quality of his work. He even said if we wanted to come see him he would find another bride willing to let us poke our heads into her reception :) I think the best thing you can do is at least meet them in person and see if they are nice, outgoing, and seem genuinely interested in answering your questions and helping you plan out your reception as far as timing and music goes (our DJ is acting as coordinator too).

Posted: Oct 7, 2006 10:39 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

And to Joseph - Gin is right. You basically said to that bride "if you want a good DJ cough up the $2000+ he will charge you". Just shop around a little, good DJ's can be found for bargain prices.

Posted: Oct 7, 2006 4:53 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I apologize if I worded my post badly. It wasn't my intention to say that DJs that cost less than $2000 are bad. I was simply talking about the best DJs in any area. There is a big difference between me at $1200 and the best at $2000+. However, my clients still love what I do at my price.

Just refering to your previous post, you paid $550 and got someone who you never met. That happens a lot. My brother in law paid $350 and their DJ was horrid. I've spoken with people that said their DJ threw a good party for $700, but didn't play any of their requests.

My whole point has been that the better DJs tend to be more expensive. 
Joseph

jessd0320 Posts : 1,491 Registered: 7/4/06
Posted: Oct 7, 2006 8:06 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I think we all know that prices for ANYTHING wedding vendor-related can vary a lot depending on services provided, geographic location, etc. So can we just quit with the squabbling and answer the original question. I, too, have questions about the DJ-hiring process even though my wedding will be in my home town. I'd like to read the advice without reading all the arguments.

Oh, and Joseph isn't the only non-bride vendor-type here answering questions while not soliciting business. I have gotten good advice from those people and I bet you all have too. If you don't like someone's advice, don't follow it.

Posted: Oct 8, 2006 6:04 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

We are getting married in High Point, the land of furniture and nothing else.  I've been looking in the Greensboro/Winston Salem area.  The bigger cities seem to have a better selection of vendors.  I'm trying to make all my appointments with everybody next week.  Thanks everyone for the advice!!

Soon2BTaylor Posts : 258 Registered: 6/1/06
Posted: Oct 9, 2006 2:20 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

BridetobeinNC....Glad to hear that you are able to get there and meet some vendors.  Let us know how it goes!....Joseph...thank you for the tips...My sister is recommending a DJ she has actually seen...so i'm hoping she doesn't steer me wrong!

Posted: Oct 10, 2006 1:35 PM Go to message in response to: jessd0320

jessd0320 - I couldn't agree more. Enough with all the arguing! -EEK!

Good luck, BridetobeinNC! Let us know how it goes!

Daisypath Ticker

jackiegee Posts : 1 Registered: 10/8/09
Posted: Oct 8, 2009 7:56 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

hello bridetobe ... congrats!

i'm in the dj picking stages (which is the reason i found this thread) and as one confused girl to another, i suggest asking around and getting a few names from friends/relatives. we've been able to come up with about 5 or 6 names within the last 2 weeks from friends who are our age and live in our area. from your own list, i would suggest contacting each for their rates and a meeting to further narrow down your choices.

i hope this helps and you're able to find your dream dj :)
<3

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 14, 2012 10:09 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Jennifer Bridal Dress Show, Starting from 229.99USD
Click Here: http://www.jenniferbridal.com/jennifer-bridal-dress-p-45678.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine