Children, pets, or both!

Online Users: 1,252 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 35
Re: Children, pets, or both!
Posted: Sep 19, 2006 8:42 AM Go to message in response to: jessd0320

LOL--in response to Jessd0320's mom calling her dog her granddaughter:  My in-laws got a golden retriever when their youngest son went to college and they are sooo attached to him.  They spoil him rotten and treat him like their third son!  So I joke that he is DH's brother...DH didn't like it at the beginning but now he has accepted his canine brother :)  DH's grandmother passed away a few months ago and his parents inherited her dog too, so I say that he is DH's uncle...LOL...he doesn't like that one very much either :)

Posted: Sep 19, 2006 12:18 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

My FH is a big cat person, and likes some dogs. He's told me I can't have more than 3 dogs at one time, which is fair... for now, but I'll bring him around. ;) I'm big into dog rescue (foster care, specifically, so I'll have a dog for a few months to a year while the organization finds them a home). Anyway, he has a cat, I have a cat and a dog. Our cats haven't met yet, but it'll be hilarious when they do, to see who comes out on top. Hehe!

In the future, once we are settled down, we'll probably end up with 3-4 cats, 2 permanent dogs (maybe 3), and a foster dog. These are just the house animals, of course, as we'd love to have a couple horses (I've grown up with horses, but we can't afford them and college), and a falcon (I'm working on my falconry apprentice license now).

Forget kids for a while, we are going to be so overrun with animal babies (my mom also calls my dog her grandson too, btw) we won't have room! =P We are planning on having kids though, waaay in the future. We've agreed on two kids, if we have a boy and a girl, but if we have 2 girls or 2 boys then we'll either try again or adopt the sex we don't have. :)

Posted: Sep 19, 2006 4:33 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm very much looking forward to having babies with my FH, but not for a few years.  The number depends on finances and our experience!  I think I'd like three though.  I have two cats but they currently live with my parents....don't know if they'll live with us when we're married or not.  I don't think we'll get anymore animals.

Posted: Sep 19, 2006 5:07 PM Go to message in response to: BirdLover

Both.  Actually a dog is our major area of disagreement.  He thinks dogs belong outdoors.  I think outdoor dogs aren't pets they are farm animals.  I plan on compromising by not allowing the dog to sleep on the bed.  

Posted: Sep 19, 2006 6:30 PM Go to message in response to: BirdLover

Jon and I love kids and animals. We have a son, Travis, who will be arriving around October 15th, and we both have a pet. He has a calico cat named Callie( not crazy about her, as she's known me a while and still thinks I'm going to hurt her.), and I have a toy poodle named Bailey. He is 12 and is definitely my "baby." Looks liek we have something in common, Sept302006!! The only difference between our puppies is that mine's a boy, but hey, it's awesome:) Someday, I hope to have a bunny, too, or maybe a llama.

Emily and Jon

formerly futureMrsSmalley21

NatSeptBride Posts : 888 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Sep 20, 2006 1:35 PM Go to message in response to: BirdLover

We'll be having both.  We already have 3 dogs that my mom refers to as her grandchildren with furr.... Sophie(Jack Russell Terrior), Madison(English Bulldog), and Lucky(Italian Greyhound). They are my babies I absolutely adore them!! And we have fish. Dh has African Cichlids, I have goldfish, and he has an assortment of other fish that I don't know the names of Smile... Our cichlids just had babies to!! 

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine