Children, pets, or both!

Online Users: 1,280 guest(s), 2 user(s). Replies: 35
Re: Children, pets, or both!
Posted: Sep 17, 2006 3:09 PM Go to message in response to: BirdLover

We're not planning on having any children of our own, although fostering special needs/at risk children and teens is something we will consider later on in our marriage. We have discussed pets and defintely plan on having 2 cats and maybe an aquarium.

Posted: Sep 17, 2006 3:21 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

We already have both. Our son, Chris, and his only sibling, Mizuno, our 2 1/2 yr old Siberian Huskey.

Jen
Jen

Posted: Sep 17, 2006 4:44 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Ohh, my FH and I have been wanting to get two siberian huskies forever!  As soon as we end up with a place of our own, they will be out first "children" :)

Jamie and Bill
Daisypath Ticker

Posted: Sep 17, 2006 4:55 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

My DH and I also plan to have both.  We're just 23 and 24 years old (both with birthdays coming up), so we're not in a hurry to have children.  But I want a puppy soooo bad!  Problem is that I'm in grad school and usually work 10-12 hour days, and DH is in med school and has a slightly more crazy schedule, so I would have to go home several times in the middle of the day to let the puppy out...not sure how that would work.  But I LOVE Dachsunds and Beagles and Bassett Hounds and pretty much every dog out there (we just can't fit a big one in our 900 sq. ft. apartment!).

jessd0320 Posts : 1,491 Registered: 7/4/06
Posted: Sep 17, 2006 6:20 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

FH and I want four children too... to tell you the truth, I'm surprised there are others who want to have that many! And who knows, we may end up persuading ourselves to get another dog, although not a jack russell like we have right now... that little thing is hyper! And I wish I could start having kids right now!

Posted: Sep 18, 2006 9:03 AM Go to message in response to: jessd0320

Jessd0320--One of my friends has a Jack Russell named Spanky, and he is one of the most precious dogs I've ever seen!  Somehow she got lucky and he is totally calm...energetic but not hyper.  I have dog envy!! Tongue out

Posted: Sep 18, 2006 9:44 AM Go to message in response to: BirdLover

I already have both....I have a daughter (almost 6, just started kindergarden) and a dog....a English staffordshire bull terrier (who is the most loveable kind hearted dog) and a fish named Dori....

JenlovesDon Posts : 414 Registered: 6/20/06
Posted: Sep 18, 2006 11:25 AM Go to message in response to: BirdLover

We already have one baby, our Weimeraner, Mandy! And we plan to start having babies in a few years, 2 or 3!

Soon2BTaylor Posts : 258 Registered: 6/1/06
Posted: Sep 18, 2006 1:29 PM Go to message in response to: JenlovesDon

FH and I have one puppy (she's actuall 2) named Sierra.  She's obviously our baby. There's a pic of her with us the day after our engagement in my profile.  We also have a tortoise named Squirt!  And Three Fish (Diva, Q-Bert, and Kong)  We plan to get another dog when we move into a house next year, and in a few years we plan to have human kids as well, 2 is the max though!

Dancer Posts : 316 Registered: 4/23/06
Posted: Sep 18, 2006 1:49 PM Go to message in response to: Soon2BTaylor

We do want children. I keep telling my FH i don't know how many until after i have the first one. We have a 1 year old chocolate cocker spaniel named Nestle Quik (nickname Pooh, Pooh). He answers to both Quik & Pooh Pooh and is the absolute joy of my life. Besides agreeing to marry my future husband, my puppy is the best decision i've ever made.

Posted: Sep 18, 2006 2:11 PM Go to message in response to: Dancer

We already live together, and got both of our pets together... He has a girl toy chiauaua, and I have a boy cat with 7 toes on both of his front paws.  we got the dog from a pet shop, and my 7 toed cat was born in our home.  I love having unique animals.  My Fiance wants 3 kids, but I'll promise to try one.... lol
Because I'm the Bride... that's why...
Daisypath PicDaisypath Ticker

Posted: Sep 18, 2006 3:50 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I already have two kitties.  Lyric and Graycie who are my babies.  My FH has a kitty named Hemi who is THE most spoiled cat I've ever met, ever.  So we're definately having pets.  We want about 3 kids later down the road.

November 3, 2007 I marry my best friend!

Posted: Sep 18, 2006 6:25 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

What a fun thread!!!

We have 4 kids, (all 4 legged too). We plan on having actual kids a few yrs after we are married, but for now our pets work just fine. We have 3 cats and a dog.

H4M Posts : 49 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Sep 18, 2006 7:00 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

We had no intention of having pets or children (pets because we travel alot and putting them to board or stay with friends seemed to unfair, I just love dogs soooo much!) However 3 weeks ago we found an abandoned mutt on our street (we only moved in 2 weeks prior) The lady next door said that the family that had moved from down the street had left her behind! (Grrr some people make me so mad!!) So we have adopted her. She is gorgous and called Bella! The first night we had her FH made a bed for her by cutting open a beer carton and laying towels and an old curtain inside it. She slept in that for 3 days before we bought her a proper bed - but she won't use it! She just loves her beer carton bed!! My mum (who desperatly wants grandchildren) said that if we had soften on getting an animal there is hope for her grandkids yet!! LOL  we'll see!

jessd0320 Posts : 1,491 Registered: 7/4/06
Posted: Sep 18, 2006 8:14 PM Go to message in response to: H4M

My mom calls our dog her granddaughter! And she spoils the dog rotten!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine