probably TMI..... scared of sex?!?

Online Users: 1,341 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 9
probably TMI..... scared of sex?!?
Posted: Sep 17, 2006 12:04 AM

Okay, so I'm not really sure if this should go here or not... but here I go.  I'm scared to have sex w/ FH! I mean, we've tried to before, but it has always been uncomfortable, and now its been such a long time since we've tried I'm scared to try again... he goes slow, we've tried different positions etc... so does anyone have any advice or has anyone had a similar experience??? Sorry if I've gone into too much detail for anyone.... any advice would be greatly appreciated... Thanks!

Re: probably TMI..... scared of sex?!?
Posted: Sep 17, 2006 12:09 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Are you a virgin?  If not, have you had this situation with any other man?

Posted: Sep 17, 2006 12:16 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

If I were you, I would find a female OB/GYN.  This is not something to fix by trial and error, because doing the wrong thing can make it worse.  Assuming you have already taken care of lubrication, the problem is that your fears/worries are making your muscles clamp down and try to 'kick him out'.  There are steps to fix it, but I don't trust my memory enough to get htem right.  

Posted: Sep 17, 2006 12:20 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Not a virgin- I had sex for the first time when I was 18, and he was the only one besides my FH.  It hurt then, but I figured that it was just because I was a virgin then... However I haven't done it a lot... my combined total (w/ other guy and FI) is probably at around 15-20 times... haha, and this is within a 4 yr span... I'm sounding kinda pathetic... 

Posted: Sep 17, 2006 1:33 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

You're not sounding pathetic at all... there's absolutely nothing wrong with that!!  I agree with Sophia--if it's gotten to be this much of a problem I think a visit to the doctor is in order.  Even if there is no problem, this might clear up any fears that something is wrong and maybe this alone could help you.  Good luck!

Posted: Sep 17, 2006 10:41 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

The other posters are right, you should get yourself checked over by a doctor to rule out any physical causes for this. I think this sort of thing is usually psychological though, and if it is that's good because you and your FH can 'fix' it between the two of you and it'll strengthen your relationship. Assuming you haven't had any traumatic past sexual experiences (which you would need to speak to a counsellor about), you probably just need to RELAX. I have been there, and I know it's very difficult. You get into a kind of cycle of fear and you end up dreading something that is supposed to be pleasurable and make you happy. You have to just be honest and explain to FH that you are worried and scared and need TIME. And once you have established that there is no physical problem, you have to go for trial and error - what works for you both and what doesn't. Again, be honest and take that leap of faith with your FH and tell him what you want/don't want, like/don't like. Good luck! And it does get better, I promise!

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Sep 17, 2006 7:44 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Go see a doctor. Period.

Posted: Sep 18, 2006 1:15 AM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

Lubrication is definitely key---so I'd try that (if you haven't already) the other thing is foreplay...women's bodies take longer than men's bodies to get "ready" for sex so that could be part of the issue too. Don't stress out about it and check with your gyno but I'm sure your fine :) Most likely just nerves!

Posted: Sep 18, 2006 9:48 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

An older female family memeber of mine had this problem where it was uncomfortable too, and she went to the doctor and it ended up being that the "skin" that you break through or the "cherry" was way too thick and could not be "popped" so surgically they had to fix it. Defenatley go and see a doctor

Christmasbride06 Posts : 81 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Sep 18, 2006 7:23 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

If you are having that much discomfort you need to see a doctor. Have you ever been to the gynecologist? If not, you definitely have to go..especially since you're getting married! It's not fun, but you have to keep yourself healthy! Seriously, go get things checked out, you'll feel a lot better once you do. Keep us posted if you go and hear anything from the doc. Good luck!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine