wine glass charms

Online Users: 1,247 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4
wine glass charms
Posted: Jun 27, 2006 10:53 AM

Has anybody done these?  What is the general consenus on them?  Our reception is a cocktail party with jazz (not seated dinner).  I don't want to do anything lame...

Re: wine glass charms
Posted: Aug 7, 2006 3:05 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I think they are just charms you put on the bottom of wine glasses to tell which one is yours. What we were going to do is put these charms with different color beads on the water glasses set at the table. Our colors are ivory and purple, so I was going to set up 1 person at each table to get the purple charms. With this, the DJ will announce that whoever is in possesion of this charm, they will win the bottle of wine we are using as part of our centerpiece.

gwtwred Posts : 258 Registered: 7/6/06
Posted: Aug 10, 2006 12:23 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I think wine glass charms are great, but I'd be worried about using them as favors because I think most guests wouldn't know that they were supposed to take them home.

gregsbridetobe Posts : 91 Registered: 4/8/06
Posted: Aug 25, 2006 12:09 AM Go to message in response to: gwtwred

I like the idea but to do away from confusion why dont you attach it to their place card. Just punch a hole in their and attach it with ribbon. Wa LA!!

Misha Posts : 319 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Aug 26, 2006 11:35 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

A few years ago I was at a wedding that did this.  The favors were wine glass with the bride/grooms names and wedding date.  They used them as seating cards by placing them at the tables with wine charms that spelled our first names.  So, it was obvious that they were ours to keep.  They were very cute.  Even if you don't get wine glasses as favors, doing personalized favors is a little extra something that lets them know they can keep them.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine