Any creative ideas for groomsmen gifts?

Online Users: 1,260 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 7
Any creative ideas for groomsmen gifts?
Posted: Aug 24, 2006 9:46 AM

My fiance and I are mulling over what he should buy his groomsmen as a gift.  We didn't want to go with the traditional ideas, instead doing something creative.  They are all 25 years or older, many of them married or on their way to being married.  We wanted to do something that they could have fun with, etc.  We figure the typical ideas (flasks, bill holders, etc.) are great ideas, but not something they would really use.

My fiance came up with this idea-- (most of the guys are into sports, if not all) -- tickets to a football game they could all go to, we'd pay for all the accomodations...

Does this sound good?  What are YOU doing?  :)

Thanks!

Daisypath Ticker

Re: Any creative ideas for groomsmen gifts?
Posted: Aug 24, 2006 11:04 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

That sounds like it would be a blast!!  My FH is giving his groomsmen all branding irons for their steaks with their fraternity letters on it.  I think the guys are going to love it!!
http://grantandjen.weddingannouncer.com

Soon2BTaylor Posts : 258 Registered: 6/1/06
Posted: Aug 24, 2006 1:59 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I think that is a great idea!  Unofortunately FH's GM's are into lots of different things.  He has his brothers and my brother standing up with him.  We were trying to think of something a little different as well, and so far we are thinking of engraved pocket knives.  FH always carries a leathermen with him, so it would make sense.  Who know's though.

Posted: Aug 24, 2006 3:26 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I had read somewhere that you can get tool kits from Sears and have them engraved with there names on the case..............what guy doesn't love tools. We are thinking of doing this

SeasideBride06 Posts : 958 Registered: 4/14/06
Posted: Aug 24, 2006 3:51 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

As long as all the GMs like football, it's a great idea. A friend's husband took all his GMs to a Yankees game. He felt strongly about not giving them "useless trinkets" (his words and opinion, not mine).

We're likely going with Swiss Army knives, with their names engraved. I think a Swiss Army knife is a great and usefull thing. All the GMs have been in other weddings, so they're probably well stocked on flasks and money clips. 

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Aug 24, 2006 5:28 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Football Game is an awesome idea... My fiance is taking his BM golfing on the morning of the wedding. The golf course is rigth across from the hotel...and they are both golf freaks. I think spending time together and doing something fun, memorable is an awesome gift. :)
Kelley Lynn:)

Posted: Aug 25, 2006 12:43 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Love the idea of a football game.

My fiance got personalized pub signs for his groomsman.  They are all married or close to it and have their own homes, so it made sense.  You can get TONS of designs and the qaulity is actually really great.  Here is the website we got them from:

http://www.groomstand.com/index.cfm?action=cat.catalog&catID=233

I hope they like them!

K

www.wineandvows.com

scotty25 Posts : 1 Registered: 12/3/12
Posted: Dec 3, 2012 3:10 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

The most difficult art is finding something that makes a splash on the day of but doesn't find it's way into a box in the basement when it arrives home. Personalization is the way to go. For some creative ideas, this site has always had some fun options.

www.groovygroomsmengifts.com

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine