What makes you love your future husband??

Online Users: 1,311 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 34
What makes you love your future husband??
Posted: Aug 21, 2006 10:43 PM

Alright girls, what do you love about your future husband(or if your already married your husband)? What made you decide he was "the one"? What I love about my FH is his sense of humor and hidden sensitivity. When I first met him I thought he was all joking around and funny. And he is alot of the time. He loves to have a good time. But as I got to know him I saw that he is also sensitive. He has done so much for me. He does little stuff like bringing me flowers when he knows I am having a bad day, and popping by work just to give me a hug and kiss when I am down. I love that he loves God,  family, and friends and is very outgoing. I trust him more than anyone in the world and he is my best friend.  I could go on and on.... but this is already getting long so I will just leave it at top things.

MayBride050507http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10716;6/st/20070505/e/Wedding/dt/-1/k/a642/event.png">>

Re: What makes you love your future husband??
Posted: Aug 21, 2006 11:17 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

hmmm- it may be to hard to pick just one! I will go with 5

1) How he is completely hilarious, and keeps me in constant mirth.
2) How he is spontaneous like me, and will whisk me away to Fiji or Rome for a 3 day weekend (just an example, I am not suggesting that I am marrying for wealth, as my mother in law thinks!)
3)How lives life to the absolute fullest
4)His deep sense of kindness, the way he volunteers at soup kitchens and does a male mentoring program, even in this new country!

5) He is so direct- he knows what he wants (for example, me!) and he goes for it.

Now I'll trot off to ask him to make a list about what he loves about me......

I hate to be shallow, but I will be honest and tell you the first thing I noticed when he walked into my path was how tall, and lean, and handsome he was. But I was very young, forgive me!

LaughingLove, TorLaughing

Our WEDDING WEBSITE:

http://vittoriaandedvard.weddings.com

ilovehim Posts : 179 Registered: 6/8/06
Posted: Aug 21, 2006 11:30 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

When I first met him, I never thought it would work.  I wanted to spend some time with him because he was good looking and it was really more like a game to get him.  

When he told me he loved me, I said "yea Im sure you do"  he told me time would tell.  I didn't trust him, he had never had a girlfriend just.....a lot of partners.  Hell, I didn't even really want him (for long).  We came from two different worlds.

I love him because he has never let me down.  Time did show me how much he loves me and what a good person he is.  I would trust him with my life.  He cares so much about me that he will worry himself sick if there is something wrong with me and I know I love him because I feel the same way.  He is genuinely happy when I am happy.  He is the best man in the world!

lori83 Posts : 1,852 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Aug 22, 2006 7:33 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am not afraid to be shallow....lol. It was his butt! I was young too, just 15. Twenty-five years later though and I love him so much it had to be more than just the butt!

I love how he still acts like a kid, yes annoying sometimes....... but, when he's playing in the band with our son and his friends I just think WOW!

I love when he makes things just for me. He is a carpenter by trade and the most recent thing he built me was a house.

I love how he is so tolerant even with the craziest of clients. He always stays so level headed with them and I could just ring their necks.

He loves to snuggle too.

I love when he makes me a cappuccino every morning usually before I am even out of bed and dishes me out a bowl of ice cream just about every night.

I love how he snores.

I love how he says 'no more pets' and then suggests we get a goat.

I thought I was going to have a hard time with this but I think I could go on all day but I must get to work!

RomanticGirl Posts : 777 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Aug 22, 2006 8:27 AM Go to message in response to: lori83

I love that he is genuinely sweet and loving and compassionate not just with me but with everyone. He has a big heart and gets as upset as I do when he seens a homeless person on the street or an animal that's been hit by a car.

I love how he is so gentle and warm with me and affectionate. He makes me feel like I'm precious.

I love how he plans for the future and thinks about when we have kids and which neighborhoods have the best schools.

I love how we are best friends and have so much fun together. There is noone else I'd rather hang out with.

I love how I have never felt jealous and neither has he b/c we trust each other so much. I could never imagine him betraying me unlike other boyfriends.

I love how he loves talking about spiritual matters. Before we met, we had both prayed to meet someone who would be good for us and who we would be with forever. God answered our prayers. The moment I saw him, I could tell that he had a big heart.

I love how he puts health first and has made me a healthier person. And he strives to continue improving himself in other ways too.

I love how we have the same priorities in life and he is as wholesome as I am.

I love that he and I work hard at our relationship and have learned to fight fair and change our old fighting habits. I love that our relationship has been peaceful and loving for the past six years since we worked hard on making those changes and there are no more fights, just discussions that aim at solving issues.

I love that if we were divorced, I know he would still be kind to me, which makes him a genuinely good person.

nestyn08 Posts : 156 Registered: 7/11/06
Posted: Aug 22, 2006 8:58 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I just don't know how people dare to say there's no more good men out there.... So we are the lucky ones that found one, your FHs are unique and very special...WAOOOO..

Well as for me, I really didn't like him at the beggining ,( he's not a movie star so not very handsome), but after a lot of persuading he got me to gave him time to show me how much he love me and he really show off.. So here are some of the things that got me:

*Very good listener, He's a shoulder to rest when my world crashes.

*He's my best friend first, then my lover.. I can talk to him about everything or anything..

*He's very good w/ dates, he remembers all important dates and ocasions in our relationship. I could ask him what I was wearing when I gave him our first kiss and he'd remember..I'm the one that always forget those details

*He love me so much that makes me feel so special and unique. He's very tender w/me, always finding ways to show me his love. He makes me feel like I'm the only woman capable to make him happy.

*His sense of humor is unique, he always find ways to make me laugh, when I need it the most.

*He makes me feel that we can fight against the world as long as we're together. Always saying that there is no future where we are not together..He doesn't see me as his girfriend or fiance, he sees me as the mother of his kids and the person that he's going to spend the rest of his life with, and that make me feel very secure ..

I can go on and on but I think that's enough for now..I can do an essay about this.jajajajajaajWink

Posted: Aug 22, 2006 9:06 AM Go to message in response to: nestyn08

I just don't know how people dare to say there's no more good men out there....

I think that's usually the girls who are attracted to the bad boy types, and then they wonder why they're bad boys. MY FH was the shy guy. I'm always distrustful of the charismatic ones, they just scream "Scott Peterson" to me, LOL. But anyway, I'm on a tangent, but I think women who say there aren't any good guys just aren't looking at the good guys.

nestyn08 Posts : 156 Registered: 7/11/06
Posted: Aug 22, 2006 9:12 AM Go to message in response to: RomanticGirl

You're right.....there's a lot of good ones out there as much as good girls, you just have to know what you're looking...but not everybody find what they're looking.

Posted: Aug 22, 2006 9:46 AM Go to message in response to: nestyn08

Hey romantic girl ......I am attracted to the "bad boy type" and my husband is one (lots of tattoos puts on that manly front very socialble and when we first met he was on probation -- for something so stupid I could have killed him) but we are married now and have been together for 6 yrs and he has helped me to raise my daughter since she was 6 months old. I have seen him cry, and I have seen him be romantic (well try to at least) and he has never let me down, in any way and he is so great with my daughter she is almost six and she just adores my husband. So baggy jeans wife beater tank and tons of tattoos =bad boy, or really great husband. I know I have an awesome hubby that I wouldn't trade for anyone in the world......but I am like you with the pretty boys who remind you of Scott Peterson LOL good comparison. But not all bad boy types are bad hubby material. Wink

Posted: Aug 22, 2006 9:48 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Gin, there's definietly a difference b/w someone who dresses like a bad boy, and someone who actually is. It sounds like your man isn't actually a bad boy. I'm talking about girls who need to be treated like crap to be attracted to the guy. A lot of times it has to do with a father who treated them that way, so they spend their adult hood trying to prove to themselves that they are good enough to be loved by these men.

Posted: Aug 22, 2006 10:23 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

You mean we're suppose to love them?  Just kidding...I love the little things about my FH...

1.  The way he "forgets" to have our son wake me up on his days off.

2.  How he always does the opposite of what I ask (I just told him that since the wedding is coming up, I don't want anything for my b-day...but I know he will get me something...like everyother year.)

3. How he falls asleep on the couch before I get home from work, just to give me a hug and a kiss before I go to bed.

4.  And all the other little things he does and will do for me...there's too many to count and list...and that will go on and on.

Posted: Aug 22, 2006 10:26 AM Go to message in response to: RomanticGirl

Your right about that th girls who have to have the drama to be happy in their relationship. My hubby is a bad boy to an extent but not many people see the other side of him that I do and our close friends and family you know. When alot of people meet him for the first time they are like stunned because he is not what they expected him to be. But, he definatley does not treat me bad. I love him for all that he is.

Posted: Aug 22, 2006 12:13 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

when he witnessed my first diabetic seizure (with him) he said that was the scariest and sadest moment of his entire life (and mind you, he founght hand to hand combat in Iraq over a decade ago!). when someone cares so much about you that your wellness and happiness are associated with their greatest fears, securities, happinesses, and sadnesses i beleive that is true love. there are so many degrees of like and attraction, i often feel it is our basal emotions, such as the above, that truely portary how we feel about each other.

Posted: Aug 22, 2006 12:48 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

To this day I am amazed that I fell in love with my FH.  However, when I first met him, I did have a hunch that he'd be more than just a casual boyfriend.  We went out on a few dates, dinners and movies, and I even told him I didn't want a serious relationship when he broached the topic with me!  When my parents first met him, they thought I was joking; I usually come home with Abercrombie-type pretty boys, and my FH is 6'5, spikey black hair, and is built more like a linebacker than an Abercrombie model! 

It was his genuine sweetness that won me over.  He would send me flowers when I was having a bad day, would make me laugh, and saw who I really was.  I knew he was a keeper when he stuck by me and supported me through my Seasonal Affective Disorder episodes...and those can be some nasty episodes.  There would be days where I would do nothing but cry, lay in bed, sleep, and yell at him and he stayed with me.  One episode was so bad that I almost called off the entire wedding and yet he never left my side.

Posted: Aug 22, 2006 1:01 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Oh goodness what a hard question to answer!

Its  Just Him. He's all i could have ever asked for and prayed for.

I love him because his smile makes me warm inside and when he laugh that i know its sincere.

I love the way that he gives so freely to others. Time or snacks.

I adore the way he rewards those that have shown him love and kindness with unwavering dedication. Even when its hard.

I love how family oriented he is. and how he never pushed me to give more then i wanted  to while we where dating.

I love how he looks when i kiss him . Blissfull

I love him for the the man that he has become in the past 4 years.

I love him because i can't wait to see who he'll be in 50 years.

I just plain old LOVE him for him!!!

Daisypath Ticker"

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine