BAnd Problem- Less than 2 Months until Wedding- Need suggestions

Online Users: 1,351 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5
BAnd Problem- Less than 2 Months until Wedding- Need suggestions
Posted: Aug 3, 2006 11:46 AM

We are less than 2 months away from our wedding and just called our band to see when we needed to do our final sit down with them to choose songs etc. and found out that the lead singer had recently had a quadruple bypass surgery and most likely won't be able to sing at our wedding. The problem is that he was the main male singer and our first dance song etc. is sung by him. So now we are stuck between a rock and a hard place. Either we go with just a female singer with the band or try to find a DJ on short notice. Any suggestions on good DJ's? Or what to do?

AlyxisPaige Posts : 189 Registered: 4/18/06
Re: BAnd Problem- Less than 2 Months until Wedding- Need suggestions
Posted: Aug 7, 2006 11:45 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

you can find DJ in a short notice.

about the band .... ask if you can get the deposit back. It isn't your false that the band can't play. Do you have anything about that written in paper contract ???

Posted: Aug 7, 2006 11:53 AM Go to message in response to: AlyxisPaige

Danielle - what band is this?  I live in NJ, and have a band for my wedding in November, so now I am a little nervous!

Anyway, though I went with a band myself, supposedly many couples vouch for the DJ Solution.  This is their website, but if you really want a DJ, call them ASAP cause they are pretty popular.

http://www.thedjsolution.com/

Jamie and Bill
Daisypath Ticker

Weddingirl Posts : 6 Registered: 8/20/06
Posted: Aug 21, 2006 4:38 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

If you are still looking for a DJ for your wedding we have a few available.

Check out  www.danceforceent.com

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Aug 21, 2006 10:27 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hi... will the band let you out of their contracct? Read it closely... some bands have lots of members, and if one member cant be there, you may have signed something saying it doesnt matter. It might say "All members may not be available" or something... I know thats true with lots of wedding bands.

However, our DJ is awesome, I love them. I have no idea where you live but Im assuming its Jersey since Jamie mentioned her band is also in NJ. My wedding is on LongIsland but Im pretty sure this band does gigs all over NJ, Penn, NY area. My fiances friend used to work for them as a DJ and they are really good. They are a married couple who work together.. the DJ is Tim and the contact is Susan Capatelli. Email Susan at djproductions@direcway.com. If you decide to use them or contact them, please let me know and I can give you my name that I referred you to them etc.....

Kelley Lynn:)

Posted: Aug 21, 2006 1:28 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Yeah kelley - I saw her profile said she was from NJ, and I know my band does gigs for the Tri State area, so I was just curious - turns out it isn't mine, thank god!

But that's good advice - check your contract!  I do think its strange that they won't have some sort of replacement singer if they can manage it... I think this is a huge deal, losing the main singer of a band, especially when they are so expensive and such a huge part of the reception!

Jamie and Bill
Daisypath Ticker

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine