Pink dress

Online Users: 1,334 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 8
Pink dress
Posted: Aug 5, 2006 11:04 PM

Ok, I have been shopping for dresses for a while, thought I wanted a big ball gown, NOT strapless (have always hated that look), with lots of embroidery.  Well, at one shop, I saw a pink dress in the window, and decided to try it on for laughs.  It actually turned out to be gorgeous on me!  And it is strapless, with no embroidery...haha.  Anyway, what do you all think about it?  I am a little worried about wearing a color, and every time I have seen pink on a bride I just though "Frufru alert!", so I am not so sure...but it just looks so good on me, and it would work well in my theme.  Anyway, what do you all think about it?  Here is a link (can't paste it): http://www.morilee.com/DressDetail.aspx?C=1&D=2114&P=1

mereditor Posts : 16 Registered: 5/5/06
Re: Pink dress
Posted: Aug 6, 2006 1:12 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I think that's a beautiful dress! And more and more brides are wearing colored dresses on their wedding day. I've seen brides wear colors like pink, lavender, canary yellow, baby blue, silver, gold, champagne (a ton of champagnes...it's like the new ivory), and even red. You should wear whatever makes you feel beautiful, but know that you're not alone in wearing a non-white dress. 

mrsmccanntobe Posts : 95 Registered: 4/8/06
Posted: Aug 6, 2006 9:51 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I, also, think its a gorgeous dress, and I don't think its TOO colored. I mean, its a light pink, its not like its Maggie's Capri in the deep pink. Its beautiful! However, I think you definitely have to wear something your comfortable with. Did you like the dress because of the fit, or was the color part of what you thought made you look beautiful. Although this dress is gorgeous, there are plenty of dresses out there that look similar and have similar cuts, I'm sure you could find one in a color you're more comfortable in (if it worries you too much!) 

You'll be a perfect bride no matter what! 

Posted: Aug 6, 2006 10:27 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Wow the dress is great.  It is a very subtle pink and not too in your face.  It is bothers you that much about wearing a coloured dress have you tried looking into having a dress made?  The dress I like and will probably go for is champagne with red lace for the bodice.

Posted: Aug 6, 2006 2:41 PM Go to message in response to: mrsmccanntobe

Actually, I am really on the fence about the color.  I think that the fact that it is pink was what really made it look so good on me (pink is a good color for my skin tone), and I love that it is different, and more "opera" style (my theme is Phantom of the Opera).  It also looks great with a white veil.  Its just that I am so used to imagining myself in white, ever since I was little, that it is hard to get away from that idea.  And I was worried that some people might think it is tacky or frufru.  This might sound vain, but I might not be such an obvious "bride" with a big pink dress than with a big white dress.  But I do love it.....

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Aug 6, 2006 2:52 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

It's a lovely dress, it looks very bridal, and it's not "pink-pink." It's more of a rum pink, a color that is very "in" in bridal gowns. Many modern brides are moving towards colored dresses. And, don't worry, almost every bride changes her "vision" as she goes along and encounters reality. I've never been to a wedding where anyone made a mistake about who the bride is! So, you love this dress, it makes you feel beautiful, it fits your theme--buy it, and have a wonderful wedding.

myra at www.classysassyweddings.com

JosesGirl Posts : 582 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Aug 6, 2006 4:34 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

" And I was worried that some people might think it is tacky or frufru.  This might sound vain, but I might not be such an obvious "bride" with a big pink dress than with a big white dress."

I am also wearing a pink wedding gown.

sarah22.jpg

And I'm posting this one cuz you can really see the pink...

smaller 

No one has said it's tacky or frufru. It's gorgeous...and I still feel like a bride in it. Besides, it's your wedding day. If you wanted to get married in a clown suit including the big floppy shoes, then go for it! That pink is very subtle and not screaming TACKY!!! If it was Pepto Bismol pink, then I might have to think differently, but I think that dress is gorgeous and the light pink color iv very feminine and flattering. I say you have NOTHING to worry about.

Posted: Aug 6, 2006 7:00 PM Go to message in response to: JosesGirl

I was told that in the past it was not common for brides to wear white. Wedding dresses were any color but white. They said that it was only in the last 60 or so years that white has been concidered the color to wear

Posted: Aug 6, 2006 8:33 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Went online and found the below about wedding customs :

• White Wedding Dress:
Anne of Brittany made the white wedding dress popular in 1499. Before that, a woman Just wore her best dress. It should be noted that a white wedding dress is in no way indicative of The "purity" of the bride-to-be. Indeed, white is not accorded as a symbol of chastity, but of joy

http://www.aomdj.com/traditio.htm

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine