2009 Bride --- please gather !!!

Online Users: 1,348 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

AlyxisPaige Posts : 189 Registered: 4/18/06
2009 Bride --- please gather !!!
Posted: Aug 4, 2006 1:57 PM

OK ... I'm getting married in 2009. Who else ?? Can I see your hand ?  Thanks

All vendors think I'm crazy. All our friends and family think we're crazy. Our friends and family think that before they think it's too long of an engagement. Our vendors think that we're crazy becauase we start to plan our wedding way too soon.

What all you girl do? I think since I have extra time --- why the hell am I waiting for? I have all this time and I'm gonna make them valuable so that by the time the wedding comes close, I won't be running around.

What all have you been looking into? Have you call DJ, Florist, caterer, cake, or looking for the site yet?

I have definately been looking for a site. Half of my guest are flying in from Thailand, Idaho and Boston (to Kentucky) --- and the earlier I can give them the information, the better. We're talking about plane ticket, hotel reservation, taking off work, planning for baby, their own wedding, school, EVERYTHING

Re: 2009 Bride --- please gather !!!
Posted: Aug 4, 2006 2:18 PM Go to message in response to: AlyxisPaige

AlyxisPaige, I'm not a 2009 bride, but I do have nearly 2 years to go till my wedding.  I hate it when people give you that look, like why are you even asking so early?  I haven't booked anything yet, but I'm definitely looking around, asking about prices, menus, etc.  We're waiting for money and eduacational reasons, so I definitely don't think it's wrong to have a long engagement!  Actually, I think it's pretty responsible to wait till you have everything in order, instead of rushing into it, going into debt, etc.  Good luck, and just don't take that crap from people!  Em 

Posted: Aug 4, 2006 2:46 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm more gathering ideas at the moment and looking around online at things then really planning (I haven't actually talked to anyone about any of it yet) but thats mostly becasue I don't know the date, I am still in school and am just starting to manage to figure out when I'm going to graduate. Once i know that a wedding date will be much easier. I would love to have a fall wedding but the problem is that I'm probably going to graduate after fall quarter of  2008 (I'd be done around thanksgiving) But that would mean going to school though the summer before it (my school is really a 5 year program and i would be squishing it into 4 1/3. 

However I am going to DEFINITLY going to start calling people up as soon as I know the actual date, espeically if i can manage a last 2008 wedding (the problem is where I live late Nov may be a bit too late for me I'll have to think about that one)  

Kim

Posted: Aug 4, 2006 3:39 PM Go to message in response to: AlyxisPaige

I think it is good to start gathering ideas, but I don't think it is a good idea to decide on anything definite at this time- your tastes might change, what is hip for weddings will change in 2+ years, etc.

Megan

071707 Posts : 313 Registered: 3/31/06
Posted: Aug 5, 2006 2:29 AM Go to message in response to: AlyxisPaige

I know how you feel. I only have eleven months to go and I have already organised almost everything. People are like 'Wow, what will you do for the next 11 months?' But I believe you have to go at your own pace.

Three years is very early though. Are you worried that after planning and thinking about it for all that time, just to plan for the one day, that you will get withdrawls and not know what to do with yourself afterwards?

7/7/07 bride!!! Kiss

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine