Calling all 2007 summer brides

Online Users: 1,249 guest(s), 2 user(s). Replies: 22
Calling all 2007 summer brides
Posted: Aug 2, 2006 11:16 AM

My wedding date is set for June 8. And so far i've booked the reception/ceremony site, settled on a head count (again) and sorted out dresses. I dont want to fall prey to waiting to long and rushing for the last minute, b/c i'll be finishing up classes at college. I just want to know how far you have gotten in your planning or are you taking your time.

soon to join the clan
Daisypath Ticker

futuremrsperry Posts : 1,904 Registered: 4/23/06
Re: Calling all 2007 summer brides
Posted: Aug 2, 2006 1:35 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm in the same boat you are in.  I'm finishing up my certification in Elementary Education next may and we're getting married June 16th.  We have the reception and cermony sites, photographer, DJ, all the dresses, menu, bells for our guests to ring when we leave the church decorated, our tosting flutes, napkins, and cookie/cake bags, and cake ordered.  If this heat would break I can finish the baskets for the bells.  My classes start August 30th, and my Fh adn I are going on a "pre-honeymoon" trip next week, so I have about a 1 1/2 weeks to get in contact with the preist, schedule Precana, meet with the floist... I won my bouquet so I'm excited!! book the limo, finalize the guest list and meet with the hotel about our block of rooms.  I want all the bookings done before classes, so I have to worry about dress fittings, and ordering my favors and getting our cake topper and unity candle, and making place cards.   Alot of stuff can't be done until later, but I'm getting as much as I can done now so I won't have to worry later. 

Posted: Aug 2, 2006 6:07 PM Go to message in response to: futuremrsperry

oh crap futuremrsperry you have way more done than me! Well I guess I have a couple more months though since my wedding is next July. i only have the church, the hall, and my dress and a few very rough ideas about everything else. I am planning this while in grad school long distance so it really seems like a lot of us are in the same boat. I'm going home for a week though so I'm hoping to get a lot done. We have to figure out the BM dress situation, iron things out with the photographer, look at florists, talk to the priest, taste cakes, (ok breathe, it'll get done Surprised) Vendors don't always make it easy. It seems like most bridal shops are only open in the evenings one day a week. And then they gripe about how it's busy on the weekends. I have 5 professional bridesmaids with full time jobs! Plus, i'm in school, and will be getting married just when I should be finishing up my research. I wish these shops would get with the times. Brides lead busy lives nowadays and we have to plan ahead. I'm leaning towards a particular shop just because they're open till 9 during the week.

Posted: Aug 2, 2006 6:30 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

All of ya'll have done more than me. About all we've done is look around for sites. We haven't booked anything yet because we can't agree on what we want. We are taking a little vacation this weekend, since all I have are 3 weeks between summer classes and fall. When we get back, I want to figure out where we want to do this. i'm about to the point of saying, 'ok, destination wedding!" But my family would kill me if I got married and they weren't there. Fh wants to wait til 6 months before to start planning. no way. i am going to be way too stressed out over school. I will be finishing up classes I need so I can apply to the other college I will have to go to to get my BSRS. That's a whole other thing I'm kinda worried about. I have to apply by April 1st to start my classes in June. I don't know how to make it work. Our wedding is June 23, so I know classes will be going on then. I guess I could take another year of blow-off classes to keep my gpa up til next April. Or I could tell fh we're gonna have to move the wedding up to MayWink. I kinda don't want to do that, though, because our wedding date falls right in the middle of when we got engaged (june 18) and our anniversary now (june 27). Oh well, guess it'll just have to figure out somehow.

Soon 2Be Mrs. Patton

Posted: Aug 2, 2006 10:26 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

It's never too early to get things done.  People are booking things earlier and earlier nowadays, and the thought that I may have to settle for something I don't like is motivating me to get the major things booked.

So far we have the site, the dj, the photographer, videographer, a planner/coordinator/florist, my dress, the baker, and the tent/rentals all booked.  I have meetings with our caterer and our officiant this next week to get contracts finalized and signed. 

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
imghttp://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;1;116/st/20070518/e/I+marry+my+sweetheart%21/k/68da/event.png[/img]
[/url]

Posted: Aug 6, 2006 9:21 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Wow, I'm glad I won't be the only one worried about finishing with good grades and planning my wedding day.
soon to join the clan
Daisypath Ticker

Posted: Aug 7, 2006 12:17 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Here's another for grades and wedding planning!

I may be doing a one year masters program this year... and I'm terrified. Trying to plan, do school and work (not to mention live sometimes) is a little scary.

I'm doing my wedding on the Olympic Peninsula in Wa, and I live in Montana. (At least, that's the plan right now) We are hoping to have the wedding June 23, but so far I'm three for nothing on a reception site and I too am worried that I'll have to settle for something less than I want.

And the funniest thing is no one else is concerned about this... they all tell me I have plenty of time and not to worry about it. sigh

Posted: Aug 7, 2006 12:34 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

got the date, ceremony & reception places, officiant. Right now i am in the middle of finding a band and a caterer.  I also have an idea of the dress, and i already bought the tiara!!!

Posted: Aug 7, 2006 12:34 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I too have gotten as far as booking my ceremony site and reception venue. We havent setted on a definte head count though which is making finding a caterer a little challenging. Its funny because I look on the forums and see how many tasks other people haver done and begin to feel a little behind the 8 ball. One thing at a time I suppose:)
Mrs.Dunahm

Posted: Aug 7, 2006 9:09 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Our wedding is May 27th and so far I've booked: ceremony/reception venue, officiant, cake, florist, DJ, ordered dress, picked out BM dresses, hair and makeup artist, photographer, and day of coordinater, and invitations (only b/c we sent save the dates and they are the same line from Cranes).  Only BIG thing left to do is deal w/ ceremony musicians/music and I have no clue on that.   FMIL is coming to visit us in 2 weeks and we'll look and hopefully book a rehearsal dinner place then.

-Jenny

5-27-07

Nashville Hilton Downtown

Posted: Aug 9, 2006 2:12 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

My Wedding is June 9.  So far we have booked the church, reception, photographer, DJ, florist, officiant, booking honeymoon this week.

Next up is videographer and dresses.  Then I'll feel like most of the big stuff is out of the way and I can take a mini break until it gets colder out and I want to be inside doing this stuff :)

Jessica & Jeremy

Our engagement night

Posted: Aug 10, 2006 9:32 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

My daughter and her fiance set the date last night for 06/23/07.  It is her way of paying tribute to her dad, he passed some years ago and 06/23 was his birthday.  I thought I had plenty of time, but after reading your posts I think I need a drink! lol

Colleen Posts : 71 Registered: 8/11/06
Posted: Aug 12, 2006 1:44 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

The general rule was 18 monthes, and that has shrunken in the last few years.  Though I am also a bride to be, (at 50!) I'm also a wedding offciant, and gown designer.

25% of my brides and grooms will book me 18 monthes on advance, with the remainer 3-6 months.  You have all hit the key points, book the room, both wedding venue and reception venue first.  And don't be discouraged if the place you wanted to book is sold out for your day.  Some of the best gems for wedding sites are the ones you find "left over" the ones that don't over advertise.  My FH is 60, and we have raised our kids and done the obligatory InLaw yah yah - so we are most likely going to slip off to Key West. 

The battle of the sexes will never be decided as there is too much time spent in the enemy's camp.

Posted: Aug 12, 2006 11:11 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Now's also a great time to book those honeymoon flight tickets.  Most airlines will begin selling seats at about 330 days out and the discounts can be pretty big.  We booked our Hawaii flight a few weeks ago, and got both first class tickets for the usual price of one!  The price was so low their own reservations person on the phone yelled "book it!" when we told her.  lol  Good luck planning ladies!

angelbride Posts : 19 Registered: 6/13/06
Posted: Aug 12, 2006 11:45 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Wow.  Reading these responses really makes me feel like I'm way behind!  We are getting married June 23, 2007.  We are both from small town Kansas, so we have agreed that it is only fitting that we have a "hick wedding," if you will.  We are having the ceremony at his grandmother's farm in an open field.  We plan on transporting our guests via hayrack to the field.  Also, we want to be the only two dressed up, so that we really stand out for our day.  We have decided on a late morning wedding with an outdoor reception to follow with grilled hamburgers and hotdogs for lunch.  My FH has decided that it is his job to plan the honeymoon and surprise me with it after our wedding, so that's weight off of my shoulders.  However, we still have to get an officiant (which is hard, as he is catholic, and they don't often perform ceremonies outside of the church), and get a dress, pick attendants, flowers, decor, etc.  So many things to do still!  I'm really not one for elaborate affairs, and I'm finding out that I am a huge procrastinator, which is NOT a good thing!

angelbride

centerlink=http://daisyPath.comimg noborderhttp://daisyPath.com/days/070623/3/1/-6/1[/img][/link][/center]

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine