Interesting...

Online Users: 1,272 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 37

tanalynn Posts : 491 Registered: 3/28/06
Re: Interesting...
Posted: Aug 2, 2006 1:08 AM Go to message in response to: futuremrsperry

DO NOT MEET WITH HER!!! I had something similar (not ex-fiance or girlfriend even) with a girl with FH. This girl apparently found out from some of his friends that on certain nights I would be waithing at his house for him to get of work, but he wasnt there. So, onw night the phone rang and I answered it because the caller id was broken.(it was his parents house and I didnt anser his phone cause of their calls) Well I knew that he would be calling and this girl asked me if I was Tana and I was like why??? Then she told me that she needed to talk to mw about him and I was like okay what do you have to say, then she said I will come pick you up and I was like no way, I dont know you. She then came down road (which is a dead end) and was driving all crazy with 6 girls in the car throwing stuff at the house and cars. They had planned to jump me, with noone there but me. Then she did a donut and nearly hit his dog. So I am telling you dont meet with her for your own safety. If she has something to say tell her to say it on the phone or in an email. She maybe crazy

Tana & Mark

Posted: Aug 2, 2006 1:45 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I agree... you should def tell your fh about the call and you should NOT meet with this stalker ex-fiancé. Whatever she has to say about your fh is irrelevant (she can only speak of HER relationship with him, not YOURS. Plus it seems she has realized she has lost a good thing to a better woman, so she feels the need to now "talk."). Nevertheless, your fh should be aware of the unnecessary drama that this person is attempting to bring into your marriage. CONGRATS on your engagement  Laughing

Posted: Aug 2, 2006 3:18 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I had a similar, but not-so-similar, circumstance. A friend from middle school emailed me and told me she knew my then FH and had to tell me "something hard" about him. Before I replied to her, I casually asked FH about it. He didn't know her, but I made the connection that they both worked at the same place. I knew about all the gossip that went on there, so I didn't want to hear some old regurgitated gossip and told her to leave us alone. Lesson for you... talk (casually) to your FH. If this is bugging you, call him. Then decide if it's worth hearing what some random chick has to say.

SoonToBeAWard Posts : 280 Registered: 5/22/06
Posted: Aug 2, 2006 5:50 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Speak with your fiance about this but don't meet up with this woman - it's far too risky.

AlyxisPaige Posts : 189 Registered: 4/18/06
Posted: Aug 2, 2006 7:56 AM Go to message in response to: SoonToBeAWard

My FH's ex-fiance' called "HIM" one night---at 3 AM in the morning!!!!

She told him he was making the biggest mistake of his life, that I'm not the one for him, that she still love him and she knows that he loves her still. It went on and on for an hour while I was laying down pretended that I was still asleep. (I could hear the conversation through the phone, it was pretty lound)

My FH said ONE sentence "Why the hell do you think I've never called you in three years?", then I heard he told her to go to sleep, drink some water (she was drunk) and leave him alone. And he hang up --- :)

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Aug 2, 2006 8:54 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Uh.....YEAH!!! OF COURSE I would tell my fiance! this woman sounds pretty creepy. Who the heck is she??? You need to find out. But yeah, dont meet her alone. Tell him immediately and try to trace the phonenumber if he doesnt know anything about it. Maybe she is just some psycho ex from his past, but either way... how he deals with this situation and with you should tell you a lot about him and your future. :)
Kelley Lynn:)

RomanticGirl Posts : 777 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Aug 2, 2006 9:19 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

The only legitimate reason for her to contact you would be if he beat her, or was violent/abusive in some way, cheated on her, is cheating on you now. (On an interesting side note...many relationships do not become violent until AFTER getting married...not that that pertains to you, I just thought it's a good thing to know)... If it's none of the above, then she's wrong to contact you. Talk to FH first. Maybe he'll know why she's contacting you.

Re: Interesting... UPDATE
Posted: Aug 2, 2006 9:28 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Apparently, it is common knowledge in our town that my fiance was once engaged to a woman who gave birth to a child obviously NOT my fiance's and that ended the relationship.  This all happened 5 or 6 years ago.  I was in jr hi and early highschool and my daddy was dying and my fiance is enough older than I that he wasn't even a blip on my radar screen.  (I do so love having 4 older sisters!  They know everything!)  I only hope she calls back, I can't wait to meet her!

Posted: Aug 2, 2006 10:27 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Unless you have a naive reason to trust this woman over your fiancee OR you're willing to let your curiousity take over (remember the "cat"), do not go and meet her. Anything she has to tell you can be said over the phone. And I would tell him ASAP when he gets back. There's tons of people who are just troublemakers and drama-queens but there's also enough who are not right in the head.

Posted: Aug 2, 2006 11:04 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

DO NOT meet with her.  If this was a man calling to tell you some important information, and he said he had to tell you in person, would you still go?  I don't think so!  Just because she's a woman doesn't make her harmless.  The world is filled with strange people that are capable of anything.  Please do not meet her!!  Whatever it is she wants to tell you can be said over the phone or by email (if it's by email, you can show your fiance for proof of her info.).  I would ask your fiance about this though.  Be careful and let us know what you decide so we know you're ok.

Posted: Aug 2, 2006 11:26 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

This is not a woman you want to bring into your life-also I'm not sure your FH would be so glad about you meeting her (and certainly not becoming buddy-buddy). 

Can I ask WHY you want to meet her so much when so many people are telling you it's a bad idea? 

Posted: Aug 2, 2006 11:57 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'd be doing some investigating. I'm glad you declined to meet, but it would eat me up not to have more info on her. Do you have caller ID? Google her and search for any criminal records (in MO we have a state website where you can find this stuff (www.courts.mo.gov) . Maybe your state has something similar. Most likely she's just a mean ex (if she's even telling the truth!) that is still begrudging her loss. She probably needs to realize that if it didn't work out between them that it doesn't mean it was his fault. She sounds like a nut with too much time on her hands. Wouldn't hurt to know more about her though. Most importantly though, don't let her rain on your parade. Enjoy your engagement! - Congratulations!!!

mamabahama Posts : 13 Registered: 8/1/06
Posted: Aug 2, 2006 12:25 PM Go to message in response to: RomanticGirl

I totally agree that there are very few legitimate reasons to be contacted like this from ur fh's ex, and I myself would be in a position to call my exes future, but i would say it over the phone...I know how intrigued you are, and how we all love to get the dirt and dirty details of our exes pasts, but all it does is cause trouble...u said that you found out it is common knowledge she has a child by another man, beware that she isn't trying to change her story now, take a sister with you if u just can't keep the intrigue down, and be prepared to defend ur fh and ur relationship to the death if this girl really may have something worth hearing...because alot can change, and just be prepared from what this convo can bring.
CatieJane

Posted: Aug 2, 2006 2:17 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I would talk to your FH about this one.... ask him when he gets home from his trip.  As for meeting this girl- there is no point really.  Whatever happened in the past stays in the past, and doesnt affect your relationship.  Just check  your FH's reaction when you talk to him, and if he is honest with you and doesnt try to cover anything up, there is no point even talking to her if she ever calls back. 

good luck! 

LadyBugBride Posts : 533 Registered: 4/14/06
Posted: Aug 2, 2006 5:33 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Once again I agree with Julie. If she really wants to tell you something that will help you, she can tell it to you over the phone. There is noreason why she needs to meet you in person.

Rich and Birgit are getting married . . .
Daisypath Ticker

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine