We're Engaged cards?!?

Online Users: 1,278 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 12
We're Engaged cards?!?
Posted: Jul 20, 2006 12:29 PM

I've asked a few of my Married friends if they sent out "We're Engaged" cards. Everyone has said no. Just save the date. I dont have many local friends so i wanted to send something out to my long distance friends. Like a cute card with our picture on it. Has anyone done anything like this?

Re: We're Engaged cards?!?
Posted: Jul 21, 2006 10:25 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I didn't do it and I've never seen it done but if you want to do it, then fine.  I made an announcement through email.  I called immediate family but the rest of the family & friends received an email.

BlushingBride03 Posts : 220 Registered: 7/15/06
Posted: Jul 21, 2006 3:02 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I think email is a good idea.

Or maybe instead of actual cards, you can send a nice 'bulletin' sort of deal, like a pretty piece of paper with an announcement. 

Posted: Jul 22, 2006 12:12 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I think that is a cute idea.  Go for it.  I think email is kind of impersonal myself so I am not telling anyone that way.  We just got engaged yesterday though so I haven't thought about it a whole lot yet. I think we are just going to send out save the date cards. 

Posted: Aug 24, 2006 6:40 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I sent out We're Engaged cards that I ordered off line at Walmart.  We sent them to our close friends, family, and family friends.  We put the date we were engaged and the place, (Rome!!).  They were a big hit and we got a lot of compliments on them.  Everyone seemed to appreciate them, but we also have a long engagement, so we won't be sending out save the dates for a while!

BreeT Posts : 1 Registered: 6/5/10
Posted: Jun 5, 2010 11:57 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I was thinking the same thing. I just got engaged and we're not getting married for about a year and half-we haven't decided on a date yet, but I would like to send some kind of engagement announcement to out-of-town friends and relatives. All I can find are save the date cards, but I love the idea of sending out a cute engagement card.

Vinylmation Posts : 2 Registered: 6/7/10
Posted: Jun 10, 2010 4:13 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I just used Facebook to make the announcement and showed off the proposal ring along with the extra collectible gift he gave me that way. Our parents took care of telling everyone else but most people had found out by then anyway.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

TeacherGal09 Posts : 2 Registered: 12/5/09
Posted: Jun 13, 2010 1:54 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I love that idea!! You could get a cute pic with the ring and send it out. Just make sure you only send them to people you are inviting to the wedding!!

Noelene123 Posts : 19 Registered: 12/21/08
Posted: Jul 2, 2010 12:10 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I wouldn't, think how much you many be already spending on the wedding. Also that just adds to your list. I'm not even doing the Save the Date cards because they are silly. One invite is good per household because it will have all the information on the invite. Also that way your not filling up your friends and familys mail box with things they are probably going to throw out any way. I think a quick phone call would do just find.

lamodexo Posts : 8 Registered: 6/25/10
Posted: Jul 2, 2010 9:42 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

My fiance and I got engaged last week and we're sending out engagement announcements at the end this July. It's totally normal and a good idea, e-mail is impersonal. Go for it, hun! :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Nmahoney82 Posts : 23 Registered: 5/19/10
Posted: Jul 2, 2010 11:19 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I was actually going to do that when we got engaged, but I just put in on facebook instead. I think it's a good idea if you want to do it!

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 14, 2012 4:46 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Jennifer Bridal Dress Show, Starting from 229.99USD
Click Here: http://www.jenniferbridal.com/jennifer-bridal-dress-p-45684.html

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 14, 2012 8:43 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Jennifer Bridal Dress Show, Starting from 229.99USD
Click Here: http://www.jenniferbridal.com/jennifer-bridal-dress-p-45680.html

RSS

Thank You