7/7/07

Online Users: 1,284 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 13
7/7/07
Posted: Jul 8, 2006 9:07 PM

Any one else getting married on triple 7s?!

Re: 7/7/07
Posted: Jul 9, 2006 1:56 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

That's our wedding date.  :)

Posted: Jul 11, 2006 1:03 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Thats my wedding date also. I am scared now cause the church was already booked and we can only have it at 7pm. Have any ideas on how that would work. What about food? Serve it after? I am confused about this

Posted: Jul 11, 2006 11:10 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I wish I had ideas for you. We are eloping to the islands of Hawaii, or to "the secret garden" in Vegas (which is NOT on the strip) so we haven't had to deal with as much details as you. Maybe you could do a night theme? And center it around night time?  I would think dinner before would be fine, then service, then reception. But of course that is all up to you. Could you have your reception outside? With some white lights? And like a lot of tea light candles? Ask your church to call you if someone else cancels for earlier time. I think I would personally rather have a night service than early morning. Good luck, and I will send you any ideas I think of.  

Are you sending of "save the date" we aren't but we are giving out poker chips in which we designed. On the front it says "Lucky In Love" With a pic of 2 dice. Then on the back it will Say " Laura and Ben, 7.7.07" They are the thickness of real poker chips, and look a like. All though you pick the colors you want. Such as your wedding colors.

Message was edited by LauraXOXO on Jul 12, 2006 12:34 AM

Posted: Jul 12, 2006 12:19 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Thats a neat idea. Yeah I am not sure of the save the date thing yet. I am sewing my own dress and Its my biggest project now.

futuremrsperry Posts : 1,904 Registered: 4/23/06
Posted: Jul 12, 2006 12:26 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Nope I'm getting married on June 16, 2007, but I know a bunch of people who are. Most vendors I  talked to siad they were already booked for that date.

Posted: Jul 12, 2006 12:36 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Oh wow, how neat. Can you post a pic of the dress when you are done??? What an amazing work of art that will be.

Posted: Jul 12, 2006 9:16 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

yes I am also a 07 x3 bride and I seriously cannot believe it is getting so close .... okay granted we've been engaged for 3.5 years but still! there is sooo much that needs to be done AHHHH!!!!!

Posted: Jul 13, 2006 5:52 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I was going to get married on that date but my FH's cousin is getting married that day.  We didn't want to make the family decide which wedding to go to.  We're getting married on July 28 instead.   

Posted: Jul 14, 2006 11:17 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Thats our date too!  We were finding the same thing out....vendors are already booked! We were soo stressed too, our ceremony & reception site wouldnt let us book until a year before the date...and it was a 1st come 1st served basis....luckily we had about 10 people calling and we got it!!! How far along is everyone in the planning?

Posted: Jul 15, 2006 11:32 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm also getting married on that date!  We are super excited!  Smile

Sparkles Posts : 257 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Jul 15, 2006 11:43 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Honeyos, if you're on a budget, I would consider a 7 PM wedding a blessing!  Anyway, I liked the idea that the other bride had about doing a night theme.  Or, it would be fun (I don't know if you're looking for "fun") to do something like a 50's dance party theme or a drive in movie theme for the reception.  You could serve popcorn and soda alongside your cake!  This probably isn't what you are envisioning for your wedding at all!  I just thought it would be cute.  Anyway, if you want to serve a meal, you might have to do it beforehand, but what if you spill it on your dress?  I think I would just skip the meal and have a dessert buffet or appetizers at the reception.  I'm pretty sure that a dessert buffet and a night of dancing would go over big, though!

Posted: Jul 19, 2006 5:50 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm getting married on 7/7/7 as well!!!  I think that having your wedding at 7 pm is just an added lucky number.  You could get married, then at your reception just do cocktails and hors de'overs or appetizers or whatever you want to call them.  Or if you want to serve an actual dinner, that's fine too.  In fact, it's very chic and European to dine around 8 pm or 9 pm.  Good luck!

Posted: Aug 31, 2006 3:33 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

We are getting married in Vegas and I love the poker chip idea.

Where did you get them from?

Thank you

Barb

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine