What are you putting for your FH on your registry?

Online Users: 1,347 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 27
What are you putting for your FH on your registry?
Posted: Jun 10, 2006 11:36 AM

As usual, I know that this doesn't go here, but I posted it under the registry forum and didn't get any responses, so I thought that I would try it here!

Anyway, I went to register and had a lot of fun doing it, but when I took my fiance to look at the stuff, he seemed bored and said not to take it personally, but that china and bed linens just isn't "a guy thing". Everyone keeps saying that all men act this way about registries, but I was a little hurt by it. So anyway, my question is this, what are you girls putting on the registry to include him? My FH says that it isn't a big deal, and that he didn't expect it to be "for him", but I feel like it should be for us.

SunshineDaydream Posts : 484 Registered: 3/31/06
Re: What are you putting for your FH on your registry?
Posted: Jun 10, 2006 11:38 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

The stuff is for him too, he just doesn't realize it.  I mean really he is going to be using all the stuff too.  He'll use the towels and sheets and pans (well, maybe not him, but he'll enjoy the food that gets cooked in them).  I added some beer mugs and bar stuff to our registry for FH and some grill-related items..other than that it get hard.  I mean it's not like we can really register for tickets to sporting events.

Message was edited by SunnyBride102106 on Jun 10, 2006 11:39 AM

Posted: Jun 10, 2006 2:33 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I understand your frustration.  Luckily my FH likes to cook, so he was excited about pots and pans, knives, and small appliances.  But china?  Nah.  Candlesticks?  Couldn't care less.  But he did register for a few tools and grill accessories on amazon.com, which made him happy.  Does your FH have any hobbies that lend themselves to a gift registry?  Hiking, camping, grilling, fishing, handy work?  Not everything on the registry has to be for your kitchen, bathroom, and bedroom, although I would avoid adding things that seem really "out there" at risk of looking greedy to your guests.  Best of luck!

SeasideBride06 Posts : 958 Registered: 4/14/06
Posted: Jun 10, 2006 7:02 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

You can open a registry at Home Depot. I have a friend who did that and it made her FH sooooooooooo happy.

My FH is actually very interested in and has strong opinions about silverware. So we haven't registered for that yet because we havent' found a pattern we both like.

If he doesn't care about cookware and linens, don't drag him to the store to register. He'll just be unhappy the whole time and it won't be helpful to you either.

Posted: Jun 10, 2006 7:22 PM Go to message in response to: SeasideBride06

My FH wasnt super excited about the bed linens and the china either but once I handed him over the price gun he was happy as can be! Laughing  Most men are really just children at heart and if you hand over that price gun it turns the wedding registry into a video arcade game. 

Posted: Jun 10, 2006 8:44 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I think we might register at Sears for some tools, outdoor furniture, and BBQ stuff.

Posted: Jun 11, 2006 9:36 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Lingerie.....it's for him too. kinda ;)
All growth is a leap in the dark. An unpremeditated act without the benifit of experiance.

Posted: Jun 11, 2006 10:12 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Thank you guys all so much for your replies! I had FH sitting with me when I looked these over (mainly to prove to him that I wasn't trying to purposely register for only "girly" items!) and it really helped us a lot! He is now very excited about tools, and outdoorsy stuff! We already have all the grilling stuff and his hobbies are golf, volleyball, and the gym, so no real help there! But I guess today we will be spending some time at Target looking at tools....so, uh, thanks a lot! J/K I really do appreciate all your help!Wink

Posted: Jun 11, 2006 12:28 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

One way to get him "interested" in the bedding and china, etc? Show him the girliest, most frou-frou flowery pattern you can find and tell him if he doesn't give you AN opinion on color or style, you're sticking THAT on the registry. Laughing

Posted: Jun 11, 2006 12:31 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

LOL Julie.  I told my FH that left to my own devices, I'd put a pink flowery duvet cover on the bed.  THAT got him interested in the registry!

Posted: Jun 11, 2006 12:51 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Once we chose silverwear and luggage, FH could have cared less about registries.  He will occasionally ask to look at them to see what I have added, and he argues that we don't need all those pots and pans, but he'll be fine.  I'm planning on giving him a chunk of the money we'll hopefully receive and tell him to buy something for himself after the wedding.  I was upset at first, but then I realized I could pretty much get what I wanted since he really didn't care!  FH told me to "go wild" and as long as I stuck to the color schemes of the things we already have, he doesn't care much.  I pick colors I know we both like, and he doesn't have to be bothered.

Posted: Jun 11, 2006 6:40 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

FH REALLY wanted this oil mister thing from williams sonoma, so we registered for it, I thoguth it was silly, but he swears he'll use it.

Posted: Jun 11, 2006 7:18 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

My FH was sad that it was just "boring" stuff on our registries.  I felt bad for him, so I put power tools, and some electronics (digital camera, surround sound, etc) on there, now he is happy.

Posted: Jun 12, 2006 10:04 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

My FH loves to cook so he had fun in the cookware section.  I let him have the scanner too so that he stayed interested!  We have registered at BBB and are going to go to Tar-jay this week.  We are doing fun stuff there like board games (I REALLY want the Friends Scene-It!) and camping equipment.  Stuff that we will use together not just things for the house.

Posted: Jun 12, 2006 10:21 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Well fortunantly I am not having your problem.  FH is the cook in the household and very opinionated.  But we are also registering at Lowe's for tools like a drill, table saw and other misc. tools he doesn't own or would like to upgrade.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine