I lost my diamond

Online Users: 1,352 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 8

bride4life Posts : 499 Registered: 3/28/06
I lost my diamond
Posted: May 24, 2006 10:34 PM

My diamond fell out of my engagement ring on Sunday.  The ring is only 1 1/2 monthes old.  After 2 hours of searching (and me hysterically crying) we found it.  It was in the carpet.  I think it was a miracle that I actually found it.  It is now being fixed and I can pick it up on Friday.

NowMrsMark Posts : 118 Registered: 4/25/06
Re: I lost my diamond
Posted: May 25, 2006 9:33 AM Go to message in response to: bride4life

I know how you felt/feel!  When I was married the 1st time, I lost my diamond while I was wearing my softball glove playing catch.  We searched the glove, on the ground, couldn't find it.  I was just sick.  The upside to it was, when he got it replaced (insurance covered it) he had them put a bigger diamond in.  When I saw it, it was like OMG!  He said he didn't think I'd notice....hello....when you stare at your ring you will notice if something's different.

(By the way, you do have your ring insured, right?)

Posted: May 25, 2006 1:39 PM Go to message in response to: bride4life

Yes make sure your ring is insured....If i ever lose my diamond they will give me a brand new one as long as I go back every six months for a cleaning... Glad you found it!!

Posted: May 25, 2006 2:44 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I have this "daydream" or "vision" of looking down at my hand and just seeing empty prongs, I can't even imagine how that would/did feel!!!!  Mine is insured, but I still worry and gasp when I knock or wack it on something by mistake!

Can't wait to be a Porter!!!
Daisypath Ticker

Posted: May 25, 2006 5:14 PM Go to message in response to: bride4life

That is my biggest nightmare...seriously...I have nightmares about it!  I even have nightmares about people stealing it and in the middle of the night, in my sleep, I will put my ring back on my finger. 

I always go into a jewellery store everytime I come across one and get them to check it.  I would be horrified if I ever lost it!  SOOOO happy for you that you found it. 

Posted: May 25, 2006 8:55 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Yes, it was covered under my renters insurance, but it was the basic coverage so I would of had a $500 deductable.  Monday (the day after I lost and then found it) I got the full coverage of it without the deductable.  It add $30 to my yearly insurance, but I think it is worth it.  Now I have no deductable and unlimited coverage. 

Posted: May 27, 2006 4:28 PM Go to message in response to: bride4life

Here is a picture of my wedding set.  The diamond has been fixed and it is back on my finger.

My wedding set

Message was edited by bride4life on May 27, 2006 4:28 PM

Posted: May 28, 2006 11:22 PM Go to message in response to: bride4life

Wow, I FREAKED when mine got a little loose after the first year (long engagement).  I still have nightmares about loosing it--I wear it for everything but taking a ahower (keep having nightmares about it going right into the drain...like on Apollo 13)

shudder

Posted: Jun 26, 2006 5:54 AM Go to message in response to: bride4life

im so glad you found it i always thought most ring come with warrenty mine dose but i have to go every 4 months for cleaning tighting for my warrenty to be valid its all freeso who dont want a shinny ring
nt.png

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine