Gross, I know, but I need advice anyway!!!

Online Users: 1,328 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 27
Gross, I know, but I need advice anyway!!!
Posted: May 15, 2006 4:51 PM

Okay, so i'm gettin married on the 17th next month. We had it planned so that my period would be done right befor the wedding. I WAS getting it around the 10th every month, but then in March it was the 11th or so, and April it was the 12th I think. Anyway, it's now the 15th, and I still don't have it!!!!! It's probably stress (weddings and finals) but I still want it NOW!!!! (Okay, it's weird to say that) 

Okay so question 1) is there any way (without taking any pills or drugs) that I could make my period come earlier? I doubt there is, but I just thought I would ask.

And 2)Are any of you dealing/have dealt with the same thing? What are you doing?

Re: Gross, I know, but I need advice anyway!!!
Posted: May 15, 2006 4:54 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm on birth control so I know when I'll get my period and usually for really special occasions like your wedding/honeymoon, if you are scheduled to get your period durring that time you can skip it once by skipping that week of pills. but since you are not on birth control and it is only a month till your wedding, there is nothing you can do. good luck!

Posted: May 15, 2006 4:55 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do.  Some people may suggest birth control pills, but other than that, there is no way to control your periods.  If there was, everyone would do it:)  The only other way to stop it is to get pregnantWink

Posted: May 15, 2006 4:57 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

By the way, not gross.  We all get periods wether we like it or not, and none of us want our period on our wedding night!

Posted: May 15, 2006 5:00 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Yeah, but I don't think I'm just talking about my wedding night anymore. I'm talking about my honeymoon!!

Posted: May 15, 2006 5:07 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

That's exactly why I went on the pill.  I don't need it (right now) for pregnancy prevention purposes, but I wanted to make sure I could control my period and not have it during my wedding or honeymoon.  I may actually stop using it after the wedding and try natural family planning.

NatSeptBride Posts : 888 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: May 15, 2006 5:07 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Stress has caused me to miss more than one period in the past.. The doctor told me to relax as hard as it is, try not to stress, and it will come.  You've gotta calm down about it, the more stressed you are the later it will be.  Good Luck!!

NatSeptBride Posts : 888 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: May 15, 2006 5:08 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Message was edited by NatSeptBride on May 15, 2006 7:22 PM

Posted: May 15, 2006 5:08 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Unfortunately if you are not already on the pill I don't think there is anything you can do!  I know when I was in college and not on the pill I missed a few periods all together around finals so maybe you could wish on a star and not get it at all!  Good Luck!

Posted: May 15, 2006 5:32 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I was scheduled to get my period a couple days before my wedding, but it ended up coming 5 days before, thank goodness!.  I still have a little bit of bleeding on day 5, though.  I use Softcups instead of tampons.  You can leave them in for 12 hours and can have sex with them in.  I came across them in my search for a non-pill way to deal with period+wedding.  I LOVE them and have been using them for 6+ months now.  Google INSTEAD Softcup and the company's website will come up.  They are sold anywhere you would normally buy tampons and pads.  As far as predicting when your period comes, if it's regular, count the days rather than the time of month since there could be different numbers of days between March 11 and April 11 and Jan 11 and Feb 11.  Natural family planning helps with all this as well.

RomanticGirl Posts : 777 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: May 15, 2006 5:47 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hang out with women who have their period. Women get in sync with other women. LIkewise, figure out if you are starting to line up with another woman's cycle, and dump that friend Wink. Of course, you can't dump her, I'm just kidding. Of course, this would involve asking all the women you live with/spend a lot of time with what their menstrual cycles are like.

imghttp://www.snugglepie.com/ezb/497931.png[/img][/url]" alt="" width="28" height="30" />

Posted: May 15, 2006 6:10 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

There is a drug you can take to start your period, but a doctor has to give it to you. I also am on birth control but last year I had the same problem and I had to call my ob/gyn and he did A preganacy test and since it was negative he gave me this medication so I could start my period before I started a new pack of pills. I dont remember the name of it though. Call your ob/gyn and make an appointment.
link=http://www.TickerFactory.com/
image noborderhttp://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10722;47/st/20060716/e/Untill+My+Wedding/k/bf10/event.png[/image]
[/link]

Posted: May 15, 2006 6:19 PM Go to message in response to: Guest
Posted: May 15, 2006 6:19 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I've never heard of anything that will start your period--but, then, I've never asked.  Stopping it once it's started has worked for me before, though.  When I was in high school, a girl said that sitting in really cold water would stop it.  I tried it and it worked.  I have no idea why--or what this does to your body--or even if it was just some bizarre coincidence--but that might help with the honeymoon.  Or maybe you just skipped the whole darned thing this month because of stress or sudden weight loss.  Either way, good luck!

AlohaAroha Posts : 686 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: May 15, 2006 6:32 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I've never heard of anyone else being able to do this, but prior to going on birth control I used to be able to cotrol my periods.  If I thought about it I could make them happen any-time from 24 to 60 days apart, and once I managed to make them go away for 5 months. 

You could try thinking about not having it until AFTER the honeymoon very day starting now, who knows, it might work for you too.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine