Age difference between you and FH????

Online Users: 1,299 guest(s), 3 user(s). Replies: 62

NowMrsMark Posts : 118 Registered: 4/25/06
Re: Age difference between you and FH????
Posted: May 5, 2006 9:55 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

There's 3 years between me and my FH (35 me, 38 him).  When I was a little girl dreaming of my future husband, I always said my ideal husband would be within 5 years of me.  So my future husband is my ideal husband (in ways more than just the age.

{BTW- My first H was 16 years older than me.  I had just turned 18 and he was 34.  We eloped to Vegas (no I wasn't pregnant).  I had always told him "I wish that I was 10 years older".  I feel when you are that young, age really does make a difference.  I grew up through him.  One of his crass friends said once "he got his first piece of xxx before you were born".  Nice, eh?  We were really at different points in our lives...I just graduated High School, he was a professional with his own business.  We actually met by me working for him.  Like I said, I grew up through him.  We got divorced after 16 years.}

I will be married longer to my future husband than I was to my first. 

Posted: May 5, 2006 9:57 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Cherish - That is so funny about your soon-to-be step son! I have kind of the same thing going on. My Mom is only 6 years older than my FH. She is not married and so she jokes about finding someone younger than my FH just for the fun of it. But yes, we get the weird looks from people about the age difference - but what's a number anyway? As long as we are happy!

Nicki

Posted: May 5, 2006 10:46 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Brandon is 4 years and 4 months onder then me, still due to dates it looks like he is 5 years older them me, He'll be 26 and me still only 21. Its odd to think that I am now the age that I met him... (we met when i was 18 and he 21) He gets so mad though when i talk about what was going on in our lifes that year. Like the Year he graduated i was a seventh Grander ( now that IS Pervy)

Posted: May 5, 2006 1:26 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Well, I always thought that I wanted an "older" man, until I met my FH and he swept me off my feet. I can care less about age now.

I am 5 months older than him, which isn't a big deal to me or him.

Posted: May 5, 2006 2:53 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Andy is 2 1/2 years older than me. He'll be 24 in June and I'm 21. We're getting married 2 weeks from Sunday and have been together for 4 1/2 years (engaged for the last year and a half). Whew. That's a lot of numbers!! I am happy to see the age differences on here because I truly believe that age doesn't matter. It's all about the connection you both share. I will have to show this to my friend. There is an 8 year gap between her husband and her and I keep telling her it's completely normal. I will have to get her on here so she can see for herself!!

Posted: May 5, 2006 3:00 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

My husband is 21 he'll be 22 in 9 days (14th)...I just turned 24 yesterday. and this is technically my 4th marriage, but legally my 3rd marriage. I married 2 older guys, and the maturity level wasn't there...I married a younger guy and he wasn't even on the ricter scale for maturity...my husband now is in the military, and takes responsibility very seriously...we have amazing communication and we are completely open and honest about everything. So I am older by like 23 months and 10 days...age is only a number...my recent ex husband got married 5 days after we got divorced he will be 23 in august and she just turned 33 in april...and they seem perfect together, and she has an 11 year old...I mean they get comments about the son calling him daddy and what not, but really its nobody's place to judge as long as you are over the age of 17 or 18...you can make your own decisions

gemini5241980 Posts : 426 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: May 5, 2006 11:33 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

7 years he is 32 and I am 25

Posted: May 6, 2006 11:23 AM Go to message in response to: gemini5241980

1 year and 8 months

I'm currently 19 and he's 20.

Posted: May 6, 2006 1:13 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

My husband is three years older.  When we got married almost ten years ago, I was 21 and he was 24.

NatSeptBride Posts : 888 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: May 6, 2006 2:07 PM Go to message in response to: lori83

There is 10 years between fh and me.  Fh is 32, I'm 22...

Posted: May 6, 2006 3:53 PM Go to message in response to: NatSeptBride

My FH is 5 months older than I am.  He's the only guy I've ever dated that is my age, in the past I dated guys that were between 3-12 years older.... My FH is the youngest but most mature of any of my boyfriends!   Go figure...

MrsDupont Posts : 1,574 Registered: 4/14/06
Posted: May 8, 2006 9:25 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

FH is 31 i am 27,

His birthday is Dec 13 and mine is Dec 12 :)

Posted: May 8, 2006 10:15 AM Go to message in response to: MrsDupont

I think I win the prize for the shortest age difference.  My FH and I are only 4 days apart...him being older.  It makes it easy for him to remember my birthday at least!

Posted: May 8, 2006 6:26 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

There are only 7 1/2 years between FH and I ....at the time of the wedding, I will be 25, he will be 33!

Posted: May 8, 2006 7:33 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am 4 years older than my FH.  It's weird because my mom is 5 years old than my dad. 

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine