Change of Date

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 11
Change of Date
Posted: May 4, 2006 3:11 PM

I guess it is a very good thing that I have not told anyone what day we had pickedout yet ( mostly because we just picked it before I joined the board here) but we went to talk to the people at the local park tody bout using it for our wedding and found out they are booked the weekend we had wanted.

FH and I have to move the wedding up one week to July 7th or back to September if we want to use that site and I really want to use that site!!

Oh yeah and BridesMom you wee so right about trying to book a site ASAP. Learned my lesson on that one.

Do you ladies think I should keep looking at sites or move our date since no one knows yet anyway?

aviatrix Posts : 39 Registered: 3/31/06
Re: Change of Date
Posted: May 4, 2006 3:25 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

It's really up to you.  How much do you like the site?  It's not like you sent out save the date cards or invites so at this point changing the date would not be a big deal. 

Posted: May 4, 2006 3:27 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Are you talking about for this year? If so i would say go for Sept,  The colors and weather will probobly be a lot nicer, and you will have more time to plan  which equals less stress.

Posted: May 4, 2006 3:31 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

No the wedding is not until next July and we thought we had enough of a head start that we would be able to get it for the day we qanted but we were wrong. I think I am going to talk to FH and see if he minds if we move it up to the weekend before ( and we can celebrate his bday on our honeymoon).

Message was edited by stevensgirl on May 4, 2006 3:31 PM

Posted: May 4, 2006 6:59 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

You know people keep telling me I' m planning too early (date is 7/14/07) but then I hear stories like this. Ithink you might be having a hard time because of the whole 7/7/07 thing. A lot of people want that date.   It sounds like you care more about the site though than the date; I'd move it up.

Posted: May 4, 2006 7:02 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Oh wait I just reread your post and your original date was my date! Okay well it's weird that that date was booked, but I'm glad I booked when I did. As much as I love 7/14/07 again, I think I'd move it up the week.

Posted: May 4, 2006 7:06 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

we moved our date because of availability of the place we liked....if youhave your heart set on it go for it(things happen for a reason sometimes!)

Posted: May 4, 2006 7:07 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

i dont think dates are that important. it will BECOME important only after you get married on it. even if something special happened on your originally assigned date, so what. pick a new date so you can make another day of the year special to you too

gemini5241980 Posts : 426 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: May 4, 2006 7:17 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I would just go ahead and move your date up sweety you seem as if you really want this site so moving up by one week wont hurt anyone and you get the site you want. Plus you get to join the res tof us 07/07/07 brides on here.

Posted: May 4, 2006 10:11 PM Go to message in response to: gemini5241980

hunny i'd be all over that date! there are no reception halls in my area available on that date, i'm beyond shocked that it's open. everywhere i went, not that i wanted that date, told me it's been filled from starting as early as 2 years ago. so what's stopping you...you love the place and you get to get married on the three lucky sevens, 7/7/07 (lottery tickets are a great favor idea!)...so go for it and good luck!!!

Posted: May 5, 2006 3:01 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

well we did it we booked the place today during his lunch break. So I guess I get to join the 07/07/07 brides on her like gemini said. How many of us are there on here now?

RomanticGirl Posts : 777 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: May 5, 2006 6:27 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

People keep telling me I'm planning too early too (June of 2007) but the thing is, the holidays are the major engagement time of year. And all those holiday couples will be looking at summer and spring of the following year. In other words, most engagements occur over Christmas. So say we're talking about Dec of '05. Well, for those who want warm weather weddings, the earliest available wedding dates for them are most likely spring and summer of '07.  

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine