Periods anyone???????

Online Users: 1,315 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 25

NatSeptBride Posts : 888 Registered: 3/28/06
Re: Periods anyone???????
Posted: Apr 29, 2006 10:11 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hey girls, I posted this link on modernbride before the boards merged... It was about this very same thing, but I had found a site that had a period calculator so you could calculate your period for a special event.   Anyway I thought some of you might get some use out of the site.

www.mymonthlycycles.com

Posted: Apr 30, 2006 3:49 AM Go to message in response to: NatSeptBride

I just wanted to let everyone know that the latest research shows that the studies that saw weight gain with hormonal birth control were flawed... meaning that birth control isn't solely responsible for weight gain. That said, there are more studies on it now. Manufacturers are still claiming it as a side effect (I would dump that right away, but I guess they're being unusually safe).

Posted: Apr 30, 2006 11:37 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I tried to work around it, but because circumstances dictated that we needed to do a lot of planning ahead of time. it just wasn't possible. We had to set the date like 18 months ahead of time. I usually get mine at the end of or beginning of the month though so I picked a date right in the middle. Like Mrs.Illa2u I'm hoping for the best but will just have to deal if it comes!

futuremrsperry Posts : 1,904 Registered: 4/23/06
Posted: Apr 30, 2006 12:29 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

My period is only predicitble for at most 3 months in a row, then it goes by it's own calender.  We chose our date because that was the day our reception site was open.  

Posted: Apr 30, 2006 4:07 PM Go to message in response to: futuremrsperry

Thats so funny you started this post - a friend of mine (strangely enough a male friend) asked if I had charted my period to see if it coincides with my honeymoon. And of course, IT DID! Thankfully with the pill thats easy to fix. But one good thing is that around my period my boobs get bigger so that will be nice for the wedding, lol...  

Posted: Apr 30, 2006 6:03 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

It's so weird, too, because doctors are like, "Weight gain may be a side effect, but it's rare...and you'll lose it when you stop taking the shots."  Horse sh*t, I say!  Horse sh*t. 

Posted: Apr 30, 2006 6:37 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am absolutely going to take my pills to make sure that will not be an issue.  But be sure to check with your doctor.  If you are on BC pills that have different horomone levels for each week, you may not be able to just keep taking the active pills.  That works with the single dose hormone. 

Always check wiith your doctor.

Posted: Apr 30, 2006 7:59 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Personally, I found that Depo made me put on a few pounds...BUT, the pill can also cause weight gain.  There are always side effects when dealing with horomones.

As for the loss in bone density, as soon as I heard about the risk, I got a bone density test done.  I will get one every year and if anything changes, I will definitely get off of the stuff.

When I was on the pill, I had more frequent migranes and a more severe hay fever season (surprisingly, they are connected).  I also had very heavy periods and the pill didn't always work for that.

Before I switched to Depo, I did a lot of research and I would encourage anyone who is thinking of switching or starting birth control to do the same.  There are pros and cons to every type of birth control.  Depo has worked for me but it is not for everyone.  I guess that's why there are so many different choices out there for us.  We are all different.

Posted: May 1, 2006 10:58 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am on Seasonale I just started and only on my 2nd pack (2 months worth comes in 1 pack) i succesfully skipped 2 months worth of periods without any spotting or anything.

I get mine in October and the wedding is in November...so I will skip that whole month.

Posted: May 1, 2006 11:07 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

"But one good thing is that around my period my boobs get bigger so that will be nice for the wedding, lol... "

MIchbride... Good point!! (Still laughing) 

Posted: May 1, 2006 11:20 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am sorry i meant 3 months worth comes in 1 pack

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine