Periods anyone???????

Online Users: 1,346 guest(s), 2 user(s). Replies: 25
Periods anyone???????
Posted: Apr 29, 2006 10:52 AM

I know this is an awkard subject, but did you girls make sure that you planned the day of your wedding or honeymoon FFFFFFAAAAAAARRRRRR away from your period!!!?????

The past 10 months my period was around the 10 of the month!! I am getting married on the 13 of May!!!!

I totally never considered my cycle. I would have been on my period the day of my wedding and honeymoon night ( OH, red and white dont always go together nicely),

but by some miracle it just came early(The end of April)!! YAY!!!!

Anyone else just realize this dilemma????

MrsDupont Posts : 1,574 Registered: 4/14/06
Re: Periods anyone???????
Posted: Apr 29, 2006 11:33 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Thats awesome that it ended up coming early for you, I've had my period now for 5 months straight i'm hopeing it will be over in a year!

aec7c Posts : 114 Registered: 4/13/06
Posted: Apr 29, 2006 11:37 AM Go to message in response to: MrsDupont

The cool thing about being on birth control is that you can have a little control over your cycle.  I use the ring (three weeks on, one off to get your period) and I can just skip the week off if it's going to be a problem.  Always making sure the doctor approves, of course...

BTW Mariam27 you should consider getting that checked out, 5 months is a really long time.

Message was edited by aec7c on Apr 29, 2006 11:38 AM

AlyxisPaige Posts : 189 Registered: 4/18/06
Posted: Apr 29, 2006 1:19 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I had this prescription (it's between you and your doctor) .. my doctor perscript it to me when I had my band competition. It was the world championship and I did not want that to interfear with my performance. You can take it up to 5-10 day I'm not sure. It will push your period backward a little bit. But when you have it, you will have it a lot more than usual. I didn't have any cramp or anything---it works very well. You can ask you doctor and see if something like that is available.

Posted: Apr 29, 2006 1:35 PM Go to message in response to: MrsDupont

I agree with the other poster.  Please go to the doctor Mariam, that's not normal.

As for planning around my period... I'm on Seasonale and I think I''m scheduled to get it the week of our reception.  It's good to plan around it.  One less thing to worry about. 

Posted: Apr 29, 2006 2:03 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm on Depo so I never have a period!!  It's great....I've been on it for almost 4 years.  When I was on the pill, my doctor told me that if I wanted to skip a period, just to continue taking the pills (no stopping after 3 weeks).  I guess it would depend on the woman though....probably should check with the doc first.

Posted: Apr 29, 2006 2:18 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

OP SaraC

"I'm on Depo so I never have a period!!  It's great....I've been on it for almost 4 years."

I was considering the depo myself but I have heard that many women gain weight. I would probably be one of them! Then again I heard that some women lose weight! What happened in your case if you dont mind me asking...

Posted: Apr 29, 2006 6:30 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm also on the pill, so this made planning easy.

Posted: Apr 29, 2006 7:16 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

SaraC, just so you know, I tried switching to Depo last year. When I switched they gave me a bunch of papers with info on it, and it turns out that they dont recommend being on Depo for longer than two years because of long term effects...dont know how serious it can be, but you may want to check that out! I would definitely ask my doctor/gyno about it.

lori83 Posts : 1,852 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Apr 29, 2006 7:31 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

My daughter was on it to treat endometriosis. You must be sure and take calcium while on it. Plus you should only take it for a limited time. I found this on line. 

Bone Density - Women who use Depo-Provera® may lose significant bone mineral density. Bone loss is greater with increasing duration of use and may not be completely reversible. It is unknown if use of Depo-Provera® during adolescence or early adulthood, a critical period of bone development, will reduce peak bone mass and increase the risk of osteoporotic fracture in later life. Depo-Provera® should be used as a long-term birth control method (e.g., longer than two years) only if other birth control methods are inadequate.

Posted: Apr 29, 2006 7:41 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I tried to set my date around my periond too, but my cycle switched up on me, and I have no idea when it is going to come on. I figure if it does come on during my wedding week, then Oh Well, the show MUST go on.  

Posted: Apr 29, 2006 7:54 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Thanks BridesMom! That is such important information and I didnt even get it until I had already been on Depo for 3 months!! I knew it was something like that, but I didnt remember exactly. Since osteoperosis runs in my family I decided not to use depo after I saw that.

Posted: Apr 29, 2006 9:13 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Both my sister and my cousin took Depo.  They both bloated up like Macy's Day floats.  And the weight didn't fall off after they were done with the shots.  Everyone's experience is different--but I wouldn't touch the stuff with a ten foot pole.

Posted: Apr 29, 2006 9:16 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I agree with fritz everyone I've ever known who took Depo put on a LOT of weight, which didn't come off when they stopped the shots. Also I think the concerns about calcium are pretty big, I'd just stay away from it.

Posted: Apr 29, 2006 9:22 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I shifted my period since I am on the pill. It was the most excruciating two weeks in terms of my body that I have ever experienced. The active pills are usually for 3 weeks, and the period pills are the fourth week. I took 4 weeks of active pills and then the period pills.

I had 2 weeks of PMS, cramping, headaches, nausea, and then an intense period.

It was what was necessary in order to have a week before and after the wedding without a period and was totally worth it.

Thank goodness I never have to do it again!! :)

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine