First Dates

Online Users: 1,342 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 12

Emerald928 Posts : 155 Registered: 3/31/06
First Dates
Posted: Apr 26, 2006 8:45 AM

I was reading a post on wedding dates, and I just realized something spectacular. FH and I celebrate our "anniversary" on the 28th of September, the day he "asked me out" (we were in high school--haha). I've been bummed because I wanted our wedding on the 28th, but that is a Monday, so we settled on the 26th, Saturday. I didn't even realize it, but that was the day of our first date! So anyway, long story short, we have a really cute first date story, and I want to hear everyone else's!

---I was leaving school for the day, and FH (an acquaintance I had a crush on) stopped me and asked if I wanted to go with him to a rival football game tonight so he could see what he was up against tomorrow. I said sure, and wrote my number on his arm (because that's what you do in high school ). So around 6 that night, he called me and said his coach told him not to go to the game, but asked if I wanted to go somewhere else...so I said "How about the mall?" (Another very high school thing)...He picked me up in his car, which was a '84 Ford Taurus (older than both of us) that looked like it was about to die...We walked around the mall once, then it closed, so we went back to his car, which refused to start. We sat in his car for 2 hours just talking until his dad came and picked us up...It was amazing then, because I knew if I could sit and talk to this boy for 2 hour straight, then we had something special!

PS- About me writing my number on his hand- during football practice, he almost sweat it off, and had to have his mom decipher it on his arm...to think we almost didn't date...

NatSeptBride Posts : 888 Registered: 3/28/06
Re: First Dates
Posted: Apr 26, 2006 9:19 AM Go to message in response to: Emerald928

September 28th is a good day, that's my fh's bday!  Anyway our first date was a little unusual.  We met playing Yahoo pool!.. It was a total accident, but a good one lol... Anyway we talked online, webcam, voice chat, and then the phone for a year, and decided to meet.  He drove 7.5 hrs to Ontario to meet me.  It was after midnight when he finally got there, but we sat until 5 am just talking, at that point although it sounds weird, we already loved eachother, and I knew we were gonna get married.  We've been engaged for a year now, met 2 years ago, and started talking almost 3 years ago.  Lots of anniversaries lol... To this day though we can still sit and just talk about about absolutely anything for hours.

RomanticGirl Posts : 777 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Apr 26, 2006 11:31 AM Go to message in response to: NatSeptBride

I'm my FH's first girlfriend. And we were both shy and worked in a store together and blushed constantly around each other. I totally had a huge crush on him and vice versa. So one day, I was determined to just ask him if he wanted to go get ice cream. Right when I was walking up to him, I heard him asking people at work if they were coming to his party. I was like, "oh no, he's a partier. big turn off." and then he turned to me and asked if I was coming, and of course I said yes.

Well, the party was nothing more than watching movies on his t.v. And then his best friend pulled me aside and said "he doesn't throw parties." and I was like "uhm okay." and he said "no he really doesn't throw parties." uhm... okay. "no seriously, he threw this party to make it easier to ask you out."

awwww..... so sweet.  that night I knew he'd be my husband.

lori83 Posts : 1,852 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Apr 26, 2006 11:43 AM Go to message in response to: Emerald928

My husband and I are also high school sweethearts! April 10th was our 25th anniversary of being a couple.

We used to go to the library during our studyhalls so we could be together. This was before we started dating. One day I didn't get a pass to the library and instead went downtown to shop with a friend. Boy was my husband not happy when he got to the library and didn't find me there! It was that night that he called me to ask if he could come over. He did and we have been together ever since. I found out later that he figured if I was his girlfriend I wouldn't go downtown without him or atleast not without telling him.

Posted: Apr 26, 2006 12:18 PM Go to message in response to: Emerald928

Our first date, was one of those, that if I was another girl I probably wouldn't have liked to have gone out with him again! hehe.. He called me in the afternoon and asked if I wanted to see a movie, (The Fast and The Furious, it's first showing, to be exact) and I had said sure. He calls me later on in the day and asks if I can go and purchase the tickets because he's heard they are getting sold out. Once again I said ok. The showing was at 9:30pm. Needless to say, he was half an hour late picking me up, didn't offer to buy anything cause we were running inside the theater, and we ended up having to sit ON THE FLOOR cause there were no available seats in sight! I went home that night thinking, "What the hell was I thinking going out with this guy?" It had to have been the worst of the worst dates, ever. I don't know what it was that made me give him a second thought but I'm glad I did. Almost five years later...we still have those movie ticket stubs.

Message was edited by SpanishBride on Apr 26, 2006 12:19 PM

Posted: Apr 26, 2006 12:18 PM Go to message in response to: lori83

We actually went to a drag racing track.  He's a car guy so I just wanted to be where he was.  I guess that was our first "date".  We hung out with a big group of friends so it's hard to day when it really was.  I just say it was there because we rode back home togather.  I went with someone else (not a date), but we took like 4 cars of people and I wanted to ride home with him...HEHE.  We've been togather ever sense...a little over 7 years.  We were married on September, 2005.

Posted: Apr 26, 2006 8:16 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

We met at the beginning of my senior year of college, and our first date was December 1st.  He had already graduated and would come out on the weekends to visit his friends, and to see me although I didn't realize that until I came home one night and one of my roommates said, "I know who likes you" in a sing-song, very junior high school voice and told me.  I knew he was at a mutual friend's dorm room, and we called back and forth a few times to make plans.  We didn't go out until almost 11:00 pm because I was doing laundry and didn't have any pants to wear...I can't believe I actually told him that.  We went to an all-night diner and then back to my townhouse and talked until about 5:00 am, and he slept on the couch for a few hours.  He had made plans to go out with friends that day, so he left me a nice note and when he got back we went out again and stayed up very late talking again.  I was pretty sure he was the one for me.

Posted: Apr 27, 2006 10:34 AM Go to message in response to: Emerald928

I had to respond to this because September 28th is the anniversary of the first night we met!  Our story is crazy--we've lived parallel lives--both lived in Alaska for the same 3 years when we were kids, then went to the same middle school and high school in a town in Georgia (he was 3 yrs older, so we never met), then went to the same college in Georgia.  I moved up to Alaska to work in real estate after college, and I was at a small work function when I ended up meeting FH's sister.  He came up to visit her a couple of weeks later and she introduced us and then immediately made an excuse to go home.  Its great for us because we have had the opportunity to have our own lives up until we met, but we also have a shared history!

Posted: Apr 27, 2006 1:04 PM Go to message in response to: Emerald928

Eric and I have known each other for years (4-H and going to the same small school, only 70 in my graduating class and 54 in his, the year before me), but never hung out in the same group.  I actually worked in a Hardware/Farm store all during High School and his family owns a lot of rental proprty (Houses and Apartments) in the same town as my Farm Store.  They were always working on the rental's and stopping by to get stuff.  He would constantly come in and ask me to go to a movie or something with him, but I was seeing another guy from a different town so I always turned him down.  One night he came up to my work as I was getting off and he had his motorcycle and wanted me to go on a ride with him - I couldn't turn that down!!!  Our first kiss was a week later in the high school gym parking lot, in his hot rod, after I got done cheering at a basketball game (he never attended a single school function, but came to the basketball games just to see me cheer!).  Our first actual date was to see Motorcycles on Ice.  Obviously we love cars and Harley's, he's just taking a bit to get used to my horses too!!!  4 yrs. later he asked me to marry him, and we'll be married within a week of our five year anniv.  (Asked me out Feb. 5, 2002, Asked me to marry him Feb. 4, 2006 and we will be married Feb. 10, 2007).  Well, that's my story!  I always tell him it wasn't his charm that got me - it was his vehicles!!! (Jokingly of course!!!)

Posted: Apr 27, 2006 1:49 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

mines AWFUL!!!! we went on blind dates at a bar with other people. they didnt go well, so i stopped to say hi to his boss bc we were friends and was introduced to fh. i got trashed bc my "date' had been giving me shots earlier that night and fh had to take me to his house for fear i would die if i drove home, though nothing happened. that night there was a huge snow storm. my parents kept calling my cell until 5am. when i finally answered they kicked me out of the house for worrying them. needless to say, i feel down the driveway of fh's house bc of the snow, we thought work opened late bc of the snow, but it hadnt, so we were LATE!!! i had to go to my ex boyfriends house to shower and wear the same clothes to work that i had to the bar since i was banned from my home for staying out all night. that evening, fh actually emailed me and asked if i wanted to go to dinner!!! i was shocked that he asked me, since up til then (though i hadnt acted like a trollop!!!) i had not exactly, well, carried myself as a lady. he took me for steak, which is the only food i DON'T eat. that night i drank only soda. the rest is history oh, and my parents let me move back home that night. they still think i was with my girlfriend til this day.

mrsmccanntobe Posts : 95 Registered: 4/8/06
Posted: Apr 29, 2006 11:15 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hey DestinWedding. I'm from Destin too. I'm getting married there as well. How cool! 

AlyxisPaige Posts : 189 Registered: 4/18/06
Posted: Apr 29, 2006 1:22 PM Go to message in response to: Emerald928

Our anniversary is April 24th, the day he asked me out. Our wedding is going to be the 25th since the 24th falls on Thursday. But then ... the 24th will be our rehersal dinner instead --- PERFECT

Our "date" was pretty normal. Actually it wasn't a "date" at all. He took me out on 4 wheeler (he's a hillbilly...lol) and took me up on this really really high clift. It was beautiful--I was shock! Then when I turn around, he hugs me and ask (this is the funny part) "Would you take me as your boyfriend?" We know each other for a month then. But we both knew we love each other since the second day. I was just waiting for the "official" moment to happens.

Message was edited by AlyxisPaige on Apr 29, 2006 1:27 PM

Posted: Apr 29, 2006 7:04 PM Go to message in response to: AlyxisPaige

We are high school sweethearts also!  He asked me out our sophomore year and we went to the drive-in (star wars 3 and mystery men).  We talked through the entire thing!!  It was soo much fun!! 

September must be the month of love that was 9-27-99!  He asked me to marry him 11-3-04 and we are getting married 8-20-06!!!:)

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine