September 30th brides!

Online Users: 1,297 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 13
September 30th brides!
Posted: Apr 11, 2006 2:11 PM

Who else is getting married on Sept 30th?  Come on, I know you ladies are out there...... :-D

SeasideBride06 Posts : 958 Registered: 4/14/06
Re: September 30th brides!
Posted: Apr 14, 2006 8:26 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am!! On the beach, Bethany Beach, DE.

Posted: Apr 16, 2006 9:46 PM Go to message in response to: SeasideBride06

really??? i'm getting married in milford and having my reception in dover! :) :)  yay delaware

futureMrsD Posts : 155 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Apr 19, 2006 6:32 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am! I am! Only 163 days to go! I'm getting married on the lakefront in Chicago and we're having our reception nearby in Oak Park (couldn't afford anything in the city!) I can't believe we're under 6 months away -- I'm SOOOO excited!!! It really became real to me on March 30 (I told him it was our negative 6 month anniversary)!

Posted: Apr 20, 2006 9:52 AM Go to message in response to: futureMrsD

eek!  i know, i got an email from weddingchannel.com that said, "what to do with less than 24 weeks before your wedding"  WOW!  where are you guys honeymooning in october?  we're going to FL, despite hurricanes... we have travel insurance and october is late in the season.... good for disneyworld :) 

Posted: Apr 20, 2006 12:54 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

We're taking our chances with Costa Rica. We always said we wanted to go there, and this will probably be the only big trip we'll take for years and years... so we didn't let a little "rainy season" deter us! I'm hoping for the best. Same thing with a September wedding in general -- praying for the perfect Indian Summer day, resigned myself to a possible rainy day. Did you pick 9/30 for any special reason? For me, it was just because that was the first available date I could get the ceremony location we wanted (and I was calling about it last spring!)

Posted: Apr 21, 2006 9:15 AM Go to message in response to: futureMrsD

I bet Costa Rica will be great.... we considered going there too!  We picked 9/30 because our other date wasn't available and I wanted to get married in Sept.  Originally we had the place booked for 9/16, but it turned out to be the same weekend as a convention and all the hotels were booked a year in advance!  So, we moved it to the 30th.  We'll be on our honeymoon during my birthday (Oct 8th), which I think is cool too. :)  We're taking two weeks, one in Disney and Discovery Cove (to swim with dolphins) and another in Daytona at his parents' condo.  The second week is to relax after a week at the parks.  I can't believe my boss is letting me have so much time off!!  I'm sure I won't want to come back after that....haha

Posted: Apr 23, 2006 10:32 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

waves hand wildly  I'M A 9/30 BRIDE, TOO!!! 

It was funny; I actually found this thread when I came on here to post my own thread for 9/30 brides!

I can't wait!  We didn't really pick 9/30 for any particular reason.  I always wanted a fall wedding, and 9/30 was open at both our church and reception venue, that's all!  We're honeymooning in HI, but we're not sure when.  My FH is a medical student, and we're going to have to hold off on the honeymoon until he gets some time off from his rotations.  I hope that we can take the honeymoon at least within a couple of months of the wedding, but that's up in the air for now.   

What do you girls have done so far?  I still need a cake, bridesmaids' dresses, organist for the church, invitations, garter, ring engravings, tuxes, attendant and parent gifts, and various reception decorations.  Also, I'm doing my own flowers, but of course, that's gotta wait for now!  I feel like I'm starting to fall behind, but I've given myself a late May deadline to get all the preparations finalized!

Congrats to all of us!!!

Posted: Apr 24, 2006 5:04 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Yay!  I feel like I've got all the big stuff done, but it's not really true.  Still have to do invites, bridesmaids dresses, and MOB dress.  Plus a ton of little stuff... and we just had our first major snafu over the weekend... FH's minister cousin was going to marry us... it was perfect to have someone who saw him grow up, who knows us, plus it meant a lot to FMIL that someone from her family would marry us... well, he has a great scholastic opportunity and has to leave the country... on Sept 29!!!  I'm so disappointed.  He was perfect and we're very upset and now I have a MAJOR thing to put BACK on the To Do List!  

Oh well, what would a wedding be without a little drama?!

Posted: Apr 25, 2006 1:44 AM Go to message in response to: futureMrsD

Ooh...bummer about the officient/cousin issue!  Doesn't it figure he's leaving one day before your wedding?!  Good luck with that!    BTW, where's he going? 

It sounds like you and I are more or less at the same point in planning.  I'm going for a cake tasting within the next week or so (whenever my mom can make some time to go with me), I have a BM dress picked out that I am 99.9% sure I am going to go with, and I consider most of the rest of the stuff to be little.

How about the rest of you, how's the planning coming?  Also, what are your colors?  Ours are red, black, and white. 
I know there are more 9/30 brides on here than we're getting so far!  Where are you all at?! 

Posted: Apr 25, 2006 4:51 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Our colors are... white, with pink and orange polka dots.  Yes, everyone thinks I'm crazy.  They're more theme colors than anything -- the BM's are wearing black.  In fact, just TODAY we picked out a BM dress that I'm 99% sure of -- we found it at Black Market/White House (that store name is so hard to remember) and it's really fun and was only $150!  9302006-- what color are your BMs wearing?  I love red, black and white together -- so elegant!!

The cousin/minister is going to London for -- as best I understand it -- scholarly pursuits.  He was selected for a program for religious studies, it's really hard to get,  it lasts a year, it's a huge honor... and he has to leave on 9.29!  ugh.  But we're very happy for him!

Posted: Apr 25, 2006 10:54 PM Go to message in response to: futureMrsD

Well, good luck finding a replacement minister, and congrats to your cousin on getting such a great opportunity! 

I really like my colors, too, but wanna know the real reason I chose them?  It's because I don't want to have to be bothered trying to order specific shades of flowers online; I'm too afraid the shades won't match what I have in mind!!  I figure I can't go too wrong with simple red roses!  LOL 

Our bridesmaids will be wearing black, probably this style:

I really like this dress, and so do all of my bridesmaids!  My sister (MOH) picked it out, and my friends agree it's great.  I almost don't have a choice not to go with it!  LOL    I actually love the color in the picture, but again, I'm afraid the red in the dress will clash with the red roses!

To go with the dress, I want to have the girls carry a red rose bouquet wrapped with either a black or a white ribbon.  I wonder which color would be better?  Meanwhile, I want to carry red roses and white mini cala lilies, the GM will have red rose boutineers, and my FH will have a cala boutineer.  I think it'll look great--as long as I can arrange the flowers without messing them up to much! 

Posted: Apr 29, 2006 11:35 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

We're getting married on the 30th .... and spending 2 weeks in Hawaii after the wedding.  The major planning is done and I couldn't be more excited!

Posted: May 2, 2006 9:40 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Count me in!!!!!  Only 151 days to go!  Ours is a backyard wedding at my brother's house, with a reception nearby at our fairgrounds... We are in northern IN.

Ours is pretty low key, second time around for me, his first, but that doesn't take away any of the excitement!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine