Tarot card reading

Online Users: 1,258 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 51
Re: Tarot card reading
Posted: Apr 19, 2006 3:35 PM Go to message in response to: lori83

True, but if someone†really believes in the Bible, they would not be offended by you stating that you do not believe.† I know it doesn't offend me when others state they don't believe or think it is silly. †Moreover, I've never heard anyone say that reading†Tarot cards is some kind of religion.† It's a game fortune tellers play at carnivals.† Many brides have expressed concerns over superstitions on here before, like whether they should see the groom before the wedding or whether the fact that they are getting married at 12:00 (when the minute hand is on the downswing), rather than at 12:30 (when the minute hand is on the upswing), will mean they will have a terrible marriage.† The best and most constructive advice, and it is not meant as a criticism but as help, is don't let superstitions get you all freaked out about your wedding.

Posted: Apr 19, 2006 3:36 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Spanishbride, please tell us what's going on.† You don't have to go into deep details, but we want to help.

As for tarot cards, I believe they are a guide.† Sometimes helpful sometimes not.†† I think the fact that your aunt (I assume she's been doing readings for a while) did the reading, means that you have some good insight.† Prehaps you could go to your aunt and ask for better explaination.

Posted: Apr 19, 2006 3:48 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I don't know how I can put this into smaller words for you to grasp.

It.Is.Not.A.Game.

It is an old tradition tied to cultures where religion and culture are one in the same. It is STILL a part of any gianto/strega/rom culture.

Ignorance is not en excuse for your wilful disregard of something you place no value on. Your ignorance to the traditional, cultural and religous ties of tarot does not justify your continued insistance it is a "game" played at carnivals - esp. after being educated to the contrary. It's not about belief, it's about repsect. You're being demeaning and you know it.

AND, she never said it was about the wedding - she said it was about her life.

Message was edited by Kaliope on Apr 19, 2006 3:49 PM

Message was edited by Kaliope on Apr 19, 2006 3:52 PM

lori83 Posts : 1,852 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Apr 19, 2006 3:49 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I just used bible as an example because you†had said that tarot is just a card game by which people pretend to predict the future. The same could be said about the bible.

Posted: Apr 19, 2006 3:57 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

being told something by another poster on a message board is not considered being educated on a topic.

Posted: Apr 19, 2006 4:00 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

The look it up yourself then, I was trying to save people the trouble so everyone would come down off their high horses and acutally do something positive for the orginal poster.
However, it's really all moot because ignorance and bigotry have effectively silenced the OP.† Well done.†

Posted: Apr 19, 2006 4:07 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Kalipoe is right. Whether you believe that Tarot cards, astrology, tea leaf readings or palm readings have any significance in your life or not; this other member does, and had QUESTIONS and wanted to have a discussion about her reading.
To some people it is not a game, to others it is a "form" of entertainment that they do not take seriously, and making fun of the original poster was wrong.

Posted: Apr 19, 2006 4:11 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

"being told something by another poster on a message board is not considered being educated on a topic."

True. You can't educate someone who apparently rejects the information.

It was obvious that SpanishBride was asking for some positive responses.† If you didn't catch it, that's the reason why she asked responses from those who only strongly believe in Tarot.† She was hoping to avoid a destraction from her immediate problem to anyone else's negativity and claim to righteousness and wisdom.† Poppycock.† Scarlett, you're simply being pompous and condescending.† And, Jenimoehle, you're an attention-grabbing, judgmental, negative, um, person.

Message was edited by michelle9118 on Apr 19, 2006 4:13 PM

Posted: Apr 19, 2006 4:18 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Not trying to be pompous or condescending, just trying to help.† Kaliope says she's trying to educate me, but I'm trying to educate both†Kaliope and the orginal poster.† No one can predict the future, not using Tarot cards, a Magic 8 Ball, a Ouija Board, or a sandwich that looks like the Virgin Mary.† People may have been trying for†centuries, but no one has ever been proven to have been able to do it.† Don't let a card game upset you or run your life.† Be happy, enjoy your wedding, and don't worry about superstitions, no matter how historic or ancient they may be.††Good luck!†

Posted: Apr 19, 2006 4:22 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I think you missed my point, and the OPs point.† She out of respect asked if there were any members here who strongly believe in the Tarot.† She did not receive that kind of respect in return.

Posted: Apr 19, 2006 4:26 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I feel really bad for SpanishBride right now. and I dont understand what is going on with this board lately. If you DID NOT believe in Tarot readings†and are just trying to instigate the OP† just move on to the next post. You dont have to insult someone by saying what they believe in is bullsh*t. What people may believe in because of their culture/ religion/upbringing is their right.†If I dont necc. believe in Tarot or the Bible or the lochness †monster doesnt mean Im going to come to the board and start taking shots at people about it. Im going to read about it with an open mind and if I dont have anythign nice to say Im going to move along.

SpanishBride if you have anything to talk about there are plenty of understanding people who would be willing to t alk to you.

Posted: Apr 19, 2006 4:38 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

†Its†is so disappointing to see a poster trying to get advice on something and someone else comes in and SPEWS their opinion on them rather than trying to be helpful. Scarlet, you may not believe in tarot, but she does. Instead of stating that she just shouldn't believe in it because you don't, you should hear what she has to say and T-R-Y to help her. Someone could say to you "donít believe in Jesus, thatís hokey pokey stuff" instead of hearing you out first. I donít think you would appreciate that too much.

Posted: Apr 19, 2006 4:42 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I don't think she shouldn't believe in it because I don't.† I just think she shouldn't let a fortune teller's game upset her.† I want her to be happy and not worry that if, for example,†somebody turns over an Ace of Spades she or her FH†are†going to die.† I think she'll be much happier and comforted knowing that nothing on a playing card is going to cause her any harm.†

OP, be happy, don't worry about tarot cards or black cats crossing your path or walking under a ladder.† As my Mom and Dad always taught me, superstitions aren't real and can't hurt you, so enjoy planning your wedding with a clear mind!† I wish you all the best!†

Posted: Apr 19, 2006 4:47 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Shame on you Scarlett. You have no idea what her belief system is and yet you still continue to impose your thoughts onto her.† You dont even know what her issue is......

Posted: Apr 19, 2006 4:49 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Thank you ladies! I appreciate your support. Alot of things have been happening in my life and I really just wanted "a shoulder to lean on,"†I guess. My FH and I will be going on 5 years this August. About†a year and half into our relationship I had asked my Tia to do me the favor of reading the cards to me. I also asked about a year ago as well. She saw alot of different things. All of which, through the course of our 5 year relationship, HAVE COME TO BE. The reason I wanted to talk was because she told me that she did not see me actually marrying my FH, both times. She told me she saw someone else. She said that she knew he made me happy and that we loved eachother, but no matter how bad we wanted it, it wasn't going to happen. I kept trying to ignore that because let's be honest, NO ONE wants to hear that. †But it seemed everytime we did begin plans for our wedding, something bad happened. If it wasn't to us, it was to our family members. So it always caused a postponement. (We have been trying to wed since 2004 and now it has been postponed till 2008) The thing is, the "other person" she saw, I know who it is. I don't mean to ramble I just think that I might finally be discouraging myself. I just wanted someone to listen.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine