Sorry if I offended you all

Online Users: 1,228 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 48

littlefirefli Posts : 259 Registered: 3/30/06
Re: Sorry if I offended you all
Posted: Apr 18, 2006 1:57 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm begining to think that there is something going on withthe whole Sophie/Aly thing too. I've been too quiet, and buisy, to say anything, but the "poor me" "get prada" stuff was getting kind  a odd. Now with the whole new girl just comeing out and attacking Sophie for no good reason, is a bit suspisious. But thats just my shot in the dark.

♥Kelly♥

071707 Posts : 313 Registered: 3/31/06
Posted: Apr 18, 2006 7:03 AM Go to message in response to: littlefirefli

It is also interesting to note that 'Sophie' is supposedly a freelance writer yet her posts are ridden with both spelling and grammer mistakes. Also their writing styles are very similar. The whole thing is just wierd.

NatSeptBride Posts : 888 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Apr 18, 2006 9:29 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Wow jealousy can be a nasty thing.  I agree completely with every word that Emily said.  I personally am getting a little tired of all the negative posts on this board. This is a board for brides, for advice, sympathy, and whatever else, but it is most definately not a place for someone like you to come and tell someone off because of a bad day or whatever motivated you to come across as a childish 14 year old throwing a temper tantrum.. If that's the way you want to be I'm sure you could find yourself a prom board where some of the girls have the same attitude.  It's very sad that instead of getting advice for our weddings or problems we're having, instead we spend the majority of our time on here defending ourselves against people like this.  Good to see everyone sticking together, and standing up for eachother.

totobride Posts : 641 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Apr 18, 2006 10:00 AM Go to message in response to: NatSeptBride

Just wanted to chime in that Emily was very eloquent with what she said and how she said it.  Kudos.  I agree with everyone else.

Posted: Apr 18, 2006 10:25 AM Go to message in response to: totobride

Aly:

In the words of my oh so fabulous friend Brad: "Bitter is NOT a good color on you sweetie".

Posted: Apr 18, 2006 11:29 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I also find it a little odd that somebody would come on the boards and just start too attack ONE individual...There is something up with that! I'm just guessing but it could possibly be the same person..I have too agree with everyone else here about thinking that way!

Posted: Apr 18, 2006 1:30 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I've got to agree.  I think Sophie and Aly are the same person.  Sophie's posts are just not credible and Aly seems to have been created to be Sophie's arch enemy.  Someone with too much time on her (his?) hands.

Posted: Apr 18, 2006 1:39 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Sigh, I agree with the last posts.  I think originally Aly was to draw more 'poor' you attention to Sophie, then people started pointing out other posts didn't add up, so now I think Aly is a way for Sophie to leave the board claiming to feel 'attacked'.  That's my thoughts on it.

Moderator Posts : 211 Registered: 3/31/06
Posted: Apr 18, 2006 5:39 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Please do not call other people names, make fun of their posts, or make any other disrespectful remarks in Brides.com's forums; posts with insulting messages will be deleted.

Posted: Apr 18, 2006 7:10 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Just so you know, Aly, I dont agree with you either on any of your other posts. I was trying to be nice, because I thought you geniuinely were feeling bad about starting off on the wrong note, so to speak...Guess I was wrong. Anyway, I hope you can get over your own issues so you can contribute to the boards in a supportive way. That is what this is all about, and I dont think you really understand that.

Posted: Apr 18, 2006 10:11 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I've been on the boards for about six weeks now.  When I got engaged, I was excited to start talking with other brides about ideas and situations that arise during the planning.  I have appreciated all the suggestions I have received from everyone.  It is shocking to me that this whole Sophie / Aly situation is even happening!  I've come across nothing but great people on this board.  It is such a messed up situation.  Aly, you have been wrong in all your comments from the first time you logged on.  If you cannot offer up a sincere apology to everyone on this board then you need to disappear.  It doesn't matter how much money a person is spending on their wedding, in their own way, they are planning their fairy-tale wedding.  A wedding that costs $5,000 a small midwestern town just cannot be done in the big cities - unless you're only inviting 2 people!  As for the number of showers a person is having is all based on how many people are being invited to the wedding.  I will more then likely end up having 3 - one for my side of the family, one for his side of the family and one for friends.  I don't want one person to have to go through all the work of throwing a shower for 150 people just because we both come from big families & have lots of friends!  Does that make me a bad and greedy person?  I don't think so and I don't think that most people would view it as that way.  You say you like your life just fine but it certainly sounds like that is not the case when reading through your comments - all I read is jealousy.

Posted: Apr 19, 2006 11:45 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I really don't think that Sophie and Aly are the same person.  I've seen plenty of posters in the past fixate on one person, and people who come on the boards just to stir up trouble.  For example, does anyone from the original Brides boards remember that "Why Sponsored Weddings are Tacky" poster? 

Posted: Apr 19, 2006 11:52 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I find it a little fishy that immediatley after the first person suggested they could be the same person, Sophie replied to say they are not. She was the very next person to respond, which makes me think she was trying to quickly nip this thing in the bud.

Posted: Apr 20, 2006 8:23 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

two words for you, Aly: piss off!!

and i'm not sure this is the same person. making up a sexual assault is a huge lie to tell. if Sophie did that, i hope she realizes how much trouble she can get into with the law. but i don't think Sophie is Aly. Sophie is always nice and cool, while Aly is a sleazy bitch. hard to believe they're one and the same.

Emily and Jon

Posted: Apr 20, 2006 11:31 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Bingo.  And I didn't post it because "it had happened on another board" or whatever other nonsense she came up with--I posted it because the posts make it painfully obvious.  Oh well, it didn't really hurt anything, just wasted some time--and it looks like she's gone anyway.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine