Almost Done With School, and This Summer is Going to be Nuts!

Online Users: 1,245 guest(s), 2 user(s). Replies: 10
Almost Done With School, and This Summer is Going to be Nuts!
Posted: Apr 17, 2006 11:08 PM

I am sooo excited; I'm just over one week away from graduating from college and just five months away from getting married!  Yay!  I'm really antsy right now though--I can't really concentrate on school or anything else!  I keep telling myself that all I have to do is push through the next two weeks and then I'll be done, but it's tough. 

Of course, I want to graduate just to be done with school for now, but I also can't wait to do some hard-core wedding planning; it's totally taken a back seat to school these past few months, and I have so much to catch up on.  We havn't ordered the BMs' dresses, the cake, or the invites, FH and the GM need their tuxes, and I still have to meet with the music director at the church!

After school and in addition to wedding planning, I have so many other things going on that this summer is going to be nuts!  I got the summer job of my dreams--a paid medical internship, but now I have to decide whether or not I can keep working my other two jobs, FH and I need to travel back and forth to Pittsburgh to find an apartment, I need to find a good job there, we have to attend the bridal showers, bachelor/ette parties, etc and I have to study for the MCAT!  Sheesh!  The next few months are going to fly by!  I'm really excited (if you couldn't already tell! LOL)! 

Anyway, I'm so excited that I wanted to share!  Is anyone else in a situation like FH and me--heading into the home stretch of wedding planning, finishing school, moving, etc? 

Re: Almost Done With School, and This Summer is Going to be Nuts!
Posted: Apr 17, 2006 11:15 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Oh yeah, I almost forgot--my degree is a BS in biology! 
If anyone else is graduating soon, what's your degree in, and CONGRATS

Posted: Apr 17, 2006 11:58 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm in a similar boat - I'm graduating in June (with a degree in Sociology) and getting married two months later in August. Luckily we have all the big things done. The main things left to do are favors, invites (we bought them but are assembling them ourselves), and putting together the music & flowers (My FMIL is making my bouquet).

Congrats on your graduation and good luck! I can't wait to be done with school so I can focus on wedding stuff more!!!

Posted: Apr 18, 2006 12:06 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Yay!! I'm proud of you!

I'm graduating in mid June with my nursing degree. I'll be studying for my boards, hopefully taking them the next week, starting a new job, and getting married a month later! I am wishing I would have put the wedding in August or later now, oh well. I feel that impending craziness as well! I keep wondering how I'm going to do it all (I'm sure you know that feeling too!) and stay sane. We have a lot of planning to do still, but I've enlisted my mom and FH to help out a little more. We're hoping to buy a house this summer as well, but I'm not even thinking about that until the time comes. I've found denial really helps in dealing with all this!

Congrats to all graduate brides! What a wonderful year for us!

Posted: Apr 18, 2006 10:09 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Yay!  Congratulations!  I'm already married and I still have 2 semesters of school left, but I can't wait for this semester to be over (2 more weeks for me, too).  I haven't had a break from school/interning in my field since the summer after high school and I'm taking this summer to just work at summer camp!  I'll be really, really excited this time next year right before I graduate with BS in mechanical engineering.  I can't wait to have kids and we're planning to start right after graduation.  I'm not planning to ever be an engineer (2 internships taught me that), but hubby says I have to finish since I'm almost done.  Shortly after we graduate, we should be moving for hubby to go to flight school (Navy), so I'm excited about that, too (and a little sad - I've lived here forever).

Posted: Apr 18, 2006 10:40 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Good for all you ladies.  I have a BA in political science.  I graduated almost 6 years ago.    I can't imagine trying to plan a wedding too.  Enjoy the craziness, if you can. :)

And enjoy whatever it is you choose to do with your degree. :)

aec7c Posts : 114 Registered: 4/13/06
Posted: Apr 18, 2006 8:54 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

My situation is the opposite -- my classes begin on 8/21 and our wedding is 8/12!!!  (By the way, I graduated in May '05 with a BA in Archaeology, and I'm going back to get an MS Education and teach high school biology...)  I think we'd all like to believe that summer should be about relaxing and laying on a beach in the sun somewhere, but it seems that an awful lot of brides know better!

Posted: Apr 18, 2006 10:50 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Woohoo!  Same boat here!  I graduate May 13th (with Honors!) with my B.A. in Psychology, Sociology, and Criminal Justice, with a minor in Legal Studies (I'm a big nerd but I did it in 4 years!), and then the wedding is June 24th!!  I'M SO FREAKIN EXCITED!  Only like 2 weeks and I'm done with classes forever!  JOY

Emerald928 Posts : 155 Registered: 3/31/06
Posted: Apr 19, 2006 8:39 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Awww...this all makes me soo jealous! I still have one year left on campus, and one semester of student teaching to go...but I am graduating early!  (B.A. in English, Secondary Teaching Certificate, Middle School Endorsement)...

Posted: Apr 19, 2006 2:06 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am also in a similar situation...I graduate in 3 weeks with a BS in Industrial Engineering.  Our wedding is in July, so time is really starting to fly by and there is so much to be done!  We also just bought our new house, all of our furniture, and a new car.  We are impatient, so we wanted to get all of these things done prior to the wedding.  All of the wedding showers and parties start the week after graduation so there is never a free moment.  It is a good thing I only had one class this semester and have settled into my job or else I would be frantic.  Good luck to everyone.  It's nice to hear about people in similar situations:)

Posted: Apr 19, 2006 3:35 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Congrats to all of you!  We've got a couple of smart cookies on here! 

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine