21st Century Bride Free Honeymoon - Is it a Scam???

Online Users: 1,369 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 23
Posted: Feb 8, 2006 8:58 PM

I just received a call that I **won** a free honeymoon. All that I have to do is listen to a presention and then I get a free trip. Has anyone gone on these trips??? Please help!

Posted: Feb 8, 2006 10:02 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

One of the questions that you need to ask is did you even enter a contest? Because if you didn't enter anything, it's a scam.
If you are not easily persuaded with high pressure sales and you have some extra time, this might be okay for you.
I also saw a promotion at AFter Hours that would give you free airfare if you stayed for a certain number of days at a given hotel. The prices for the hotels were such that you could go to Travelocity and book the airfare and room for the same amount (or less) as just the room cost at the price they were advertising. Buyer beware! Nothing is free!

Posted: Feb 9, 2006 12:23 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Yep...it's a total scam! Don't bother going to the presentation! I did and it was a complete waste of my time!

Posted: Feb 9, 2006 1:21 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I have not heard of 21st Century Bride, but tonight I am going to American Prestige for a "meeting" and to turn in my winning code for a free honeymoon. I will let you know how that it turns out!!!

Posted: Mar 12, 2006 7:59 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

My fiance and I just went to a "meeting" for 21st century bridal. We were waiting outside for an hour before someone came out to even talk to us. They ended up just giving us the brochure to get the free honeymoon b/c the earlier meeting went over time. Apparently You have to send this brochure in with a $50 dollar deposit (for what I don't know) 3 months before you want to go on your trip to guarantee the room.
According to some of the couples that came out of the prior meeting, you would also receive an additional trip to the bahamas for buying some of their merchandise, in addition to the trip that you automatically get just for going. Apparently there is a 500$ Gift certificate that is going to be mailed to us in a few weeks for some catalog online. Those who actually went to the meeting got theirs but they ran out of ours.
Our wedding isn't until next year and I am skeptical whether or not this will even be valid by then. If anyone has actually gone on a trip from them I would love to hear from you too.

Re: 21st Century Bride Free Honeymoon - Is it a Scam???
Posted: Apr 12, 2006 6:53 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I got the same phone call last night then again this evening from 21st century today's bride that I "won" a free honeymoon. It sounds like it might be a waste of time. I did sign up for it to check it out and see what it is all about and I am not getting married until next year too. This sounds very similiar to those "time shares" presentations. I went to one this past summer and we were there for over 2 hours while these sales people tried to sell us on buying a time share. We declined but got some free vouchers for dinner and a carriage ride tour of charelston, sc. This honeymoon thing sounds a lot like the time share presentation. I am glad I read your comments, thank you for your opinions and advice.

Posted: Apr 12, 2006 7:44 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I don't know about the 21st century bride thing, but I did go on a similar trip.  In this case, my boyfriend was a sales manager for a place that gave the vacation if you bought that day.  We went on the trip and it wasn't bad, but I won't call it a honeymoon.  We went to Puerta Vallarta.  Mon-Fri, chartered plane, so no option of exending the days.  The hotel was one that had fallen into disrepair, and you can imagine had bad that would have to be by Mexican standards.  But, they were in the middle of remodeling it.  Our room was remodeled, but they were working on the next door one. 

When you have paid $50 for a 4 day trip, your standards drop to rock-bottom, which is no bugs and clean sheets.  So, I was pleasantly surprised.  But honeymoon, no. 

Posted: Apr 13, 2006 12:42 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

we did the American Prestigue thing as well... waste of time.  I don't recommend it!

Posted: Apr 13, 2006 8:00 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I got a call where the guy really built it all up saying, "are you ready for some really great news?...you won a FREE HONEYMOON"  I was immediately suspicious so I said, well what do I have to do? And he said you go to some presentation where they show you pots and pans, and make you dinner using them. (obviously a cooking suplies company!) Anyway, then I said, so what is included in this "honeymoon"? And he said "3 nights free stay anywhere in the Carribean!" And I said, "what about airfare?" And he says, "well no." So I hung up on him. I mean who wants to pay for plane tickets just to go stay for free in some crap hotel that would probably only cost you about $200 in the first place? You end up spending a LOT more than these people!

Posted: Apr 14, 2006 10:01 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I keep receiving calls from American Prestige. They keep telling me that I have won a free bridal package and the only thing that we have to do is listen to a 90 minute presentation. For this they give you a free trip. Well, like one of the other ladies said nothing is free, so we declined.

Posted: Apr 18, 2006 1:14 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Are you sure it's not Royal Prestige? My FH and I went to one of their presentations. They do sell pots and pans, but it's actually extremely good quality. It's a direct sale kind of thing - kind of like Pampered Chef or MaryKay. My mom has been using the same types of pots and pans for years (a different company), but they really do help with healthier cooking. They are extremely expensive - we paid about $1500 for 4 pots and pans, but we also got an electric skillet, china, and some cutlery knives for free. Although they're expensive, my FH and I decided it was worth it, because we wouldn't get any of the bad chemicals from cheap pans, like teflon and such, plus, there's a 50 year guarantee on them, and in the long run, the price should balance out, since we won't need to buy replacements, like you would with cheap pans.

Just for going, we got a $500 gift certificate to some online store. We haven't used it yet, but we might. The only thing is that you do have to pay shipping and handling, but it might be worth it. We also got a 3-day cruise in the Carribian, or a 2-night hotel stay in the US. Because we bought something, I think we got another cruise thing or something. WE had planned on using it for our honeymoon, but by the time we sent in the stuff, you have to redeem it within a certain number of days, and it looked like you weren't even guaranteed the dates you wanted to go, I think. Plus, you had to pay some sort of deposit to reserve your date when you sent the form in, but THEN they would call you, and book everything. At least that's how it looked like. My Fh and I decided that it wasn't worth the deposit or the effort for something that might not even be that great. Oh well. But we really do have a great set of pots and pans! :)

Posted: Jul 10, 2007 11:59 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I got a call on 7/10/07...still scammin'!

Posted: Jul 27, 2007 8:52 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

My neice got this same call.  She went.  Loved the china but decided to wait.  However, she did get the gifts -- honeymoon and shopping voucher.  She's still shopping and says it is certainly worth it!  She had fun at the presentation
SuzyQ

Lasmert15 Posts : 2 Registered: 5/19/07
Posted: Oct 3, 2007 2:49 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I just received the same phone call saying that I received a free vacation...I have to attend a presentation..blah blah blah...I am happy that I decided to research it before going....

Posted: Oct 16, 2007 9:53 PM Go to message in response to: Lasmert15

Wow....I just received the same phone call as well. I did a little research with the telephone number and found two different names.  one is Royal Prestige Marketing and the other is Platminum Enterpnses.  Thanks for the advice! I think I'll pass!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine