nylons?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6
nylons?
Posted: Apr 9, 2006 1:59 PM

I am in a wedding in September- the bridesmaid dress is tea length, would you wear nylons? I am not sure if people normally do or not? Thanks!

spring07bride Posts : 363 Registered: 3/30/06
Re: nylons?
Posted: Apr 10, 2006 2:48 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Being September and probably warm I definitely don't think you need them.  Plus, it's a tea length dress and you'll probably be wearing open-toed shoes so you don't want them to show.  Personally, I don't like them and try not to wear them at all!  My wedding is in April and I'm definitely not wearing them under my dress.

Posted: Apr 24, 2006 2:41 AM Go to message in response to: spring07bride

Kattwell,

I'm with spring07 on this.  No nylons.  I was in a wedding in Half Moon Bay last September.  It was a similar situation  only our dresses were just below the knees, not tea length.  The others and I talked it over and sounded out the bride, too.  Everybody thought it was a silly idea.

I do think you need to connect with the other women and come to an agreement. The outcome will be the same as it was for us.  No nylons. 

In any case, I think you all need to wear the natural shade and sheer fineness if the bride and the other BMs collectively would want nylons.  I think it's up to the bride, but I don't honestly think it'll be an issue at all.  It's a no brainer these days. 

However, if that's where it goes, suggest nude or suntan and the finest sheer hosiery regardless of cost.  All of you should wear the same shade and it ought to be a natural subtle shade and the hosiery should be the finest sheer hosiery on the market.

Like spring07, I think you'll be wearing open-toed shoes or strappy sandals and what you want is to show off a fabulous pedi.  And, besides, like spring07, I also don't like stockings or pantyhose and I try to not ever wear either. 

My wedding is next May 22 and I can tell you that I'm not wearing nylons and I don't want the women in my wedding party to wear hosiery.   

Stick in there and try to get the decision to come out "no nylons" because bear legs are comfortable and sexy and there so many good products on the market these days to keep them soft and silky and nicely tanned all year long.  You really don't need nylons these days to have a pair of gorgeous legs.  

Posted: Apr 24, 2006 3:04 AM Go to message in response to: spring07bride

spring07,

I agree with all your comments in reply to Kattwell.  Nylons are not necessay today at all.  Going bear is comfortable and sexy and she should focus on showing off a fabulous pedi.

There was a time when hosiery was necessary to show great legs.  I remember those days.  I'm older.  You probably don't remember those days at all. 

Now there are so many great products to keep your legs soft, silky smooth and beautifully tanned all year long.  Nylons are no longer necessary to have a nice-looking pair of legs.  But a pair of black stockings and a garter belt can still be a real turn on.

I always advocated hosiery and I alway wore either stockings (with that contraption know as a garter belt) or pantyhose (the worst invention ever) for years just to get the smoothness and silkyness and suntanned color I wanted.

But there are so many fab procducts on the market today.  I can have the soft, silky smooth and nicely colored legs without having to wear hosiery.  And I can be so much more comfortable going bear.  Awesome.

Kattwell, listen to spring07 and to my experience.  It's no nylons unless the bride and the other women insist.

spring07, I think you are a lot younger me, but we think alike.

Tamerha

impenelope Posts : 268 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Apr 24, 2006 9:54 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I agree with the others, no nylons. I personally can not stand them. If you guys do decide to do them, if you have sandles or strappy shoes, I have seen some nylons at Kohls that have no toes, that way it wont show. I have not tried these nylons, just saw them.

Good Luck!!

Posted: Apr 27, 2006 1:32 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Skip the nylons.  If the girls are wearing shoes where the toes or heel are exposed, they definitely should not wear hose. 

Posted: Apr 28, 2006 10:51 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I would definitely pass on the hose.  UGH, I just can't stand them personally.  But since you have a September wedding, it will probably still be warm and your girls may have a nice tan from summer, so they are unnecessary.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine