Personal Sex Question

Online Users: 1,251 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 7
Personal Sex Question
Posted: Apr 3, 2006 9:13 PM

I was just wondering if anyone else's sex life has gone downhill since they got engaged?

FH and I have been together for more than 4 years and I have to admit the sex prior to the engagement wasn't what is used to be, but I was hoping it would get better now that we are getting married!  I am a little nervous now, since I always hear "it only gets worse!"

I'm not saying that our sexual relationship is terrible, but I have to admit I am a little concerned considering this is the man I will be having sex with for the rest of my life! Any suggestions?

NatSeptBride Posts : 888 Registered: 3/28/06
Re: Personal Sex Question
Posted: Apr 3, 2006 9:49 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm not having this problem, but have you considered the problem possibly being related to stress?  Wedding planning stress, or otherwise?  Talk to your fh, maybe there is something going on.  Good luck to you, I hope you find the source of the problem. 

Posted: Apr 3, 2006 9:55 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I understand where you are coming from, jsq. My sex life with my FH is not what it used to be at times. I think it has been due to us falling into a rut. We come home from work, we cook dinner, we watch TV and we go to bed. But I have noticed when we do other things or when we are conciously thinking, the sex gets better.

My only advice is to sit down, talk it out and try to find the issue. Maybe you need a romantic date? That works for me sometimes.

Good luck! Nicki

Posted: Apr 3, 2006 11:21 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Nope.  Our problem is our work schedules. 

I agree it could be stress.  I suggest a date night.  No promises of sex, but just the two of you.  And you can see where the night takes you.

Maybe you could start the sexual encounters.    Maybe try something new...

Posted: Apr 3, 2006 11:28 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Well I can't say we have really faced this problem, but I can say that when we both are well-rested and when we both exercise more our sex drives are higher.

Stress can lead to a decrease in your sex drive.  Get plenty of rest, take some special time just for the two of you, and relax! 

Posted: Apr 3, 2006 11:57 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I do have to say that things have changed a little since moving and the wedding planning started. I really do think it's a lot of because of just being in a rut. I don't feel stressed out too much about the wedding, neither of us are happy where we are living right now so that plays into it....glad to be moving in less than a month.

I think Kylesbaby gave good advice on the date night...just hang out, try not to talk about the wedding at all...just talk about every thing else that is going on in your lives...try to bring back the intimacy...might help!! It will come back!

Posted: Apr 4, 2006 9:46 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Ours has been less too - I agree thought that we are just stressed with the wedding planning and especially now we are so busy getting both our house and FIL's house ready that we are exhausted by the time we are home.  Our schedule is - wake up at 5am - exercise - go to work - come home - do house work - have dinner - watch the news - go to sleep....only 18 more days and it will be better.

I do find that when we are spending time together relaxing the sex drive increases.....good idea kylesbaby - I think we are so consumed with weddings we forget to go on dates sometimes...

Posted: Apr 4, 2006 2:20 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Ours has not changed as much.  We usually do it every night (i know TMI) but the thing is we both have been working out a lot and our bodies are changing.  My abs and buns are getting more toned and he is losing weight so we like checking each other out and feeling our new muscles

We did go in a rut for a while but i changed birth controls and fixed that problem!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine