Will you stay if the boards stay like this?

Online Users: 1,297 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 49
Re: Will you stay if the boards stay like this?
Posted: Apr 3, 2006 2:10 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Yes, I'm going to stay. It will probably be awhile for me to get used to it and to spend as much time on here as I did on MB & Brides collectively.

Posted: Apr 3, 2006 3:12 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hey Ladies, Long time no post huh? I wanted to touch base with all of you, but to my shock the board has changed....I'm sooo confused now! I personally don't like this format very much either. I liked it when we could all see who was on and see the most recent posts. Too much on this format. I've missed you all so much, the last post I posted (3 weeks ago) told about all the unfortunate events in my life right now. Things are getting alittle better. I'll post more elsewhere on here, when I figure out where I'm going!?

Posted: Apr 3, 2006 3:14 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I might check in every once in awhile. but, i serioulsy doubt i will post as much as i did when we had the old format.

this site just isnt fun anymore. I don't think it's easy to read. it just feels cold to me now. I don't like it that much

As for the women that did leave...I am friends with quite a few of them. They moved on to Zoe's board. Zoe's board is just better in my opinion. I haven't noticed any bickering over there and it's just nicer. That's all. :) Several of the women that left had valid reasons for leaving. They were very well known members on the old setup and now they have to start out fresh. It's not fair to someone that has spent many hours on these boards pouring out their heart and thoughts into many posts to have most of them ripped away. I don't think anyway. They DID give it a chance if they were here for even 5 minutes. This board just isn't as much fun anymore. it doesnt feel like family anymore.

Posted: Apr 3, 2006 3:16 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I forgot to post the link to zoe's site. It's so much easier to navigate and it's really fun. :) Anyone thinking of leaving but sad because they dont want to leave the friends they've made can join. :) The more the merrier...

http://kolohe.proboards45.com/index.cgi#wedding

Posted: Apr 3, 2006 3:24 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

They were very well known members on the old setup and now they have to start out fresh. It's not fair to someone that has spent many hours on these boards pouring out their heart and thoughts into many posts to have most of them ripped away. I don't think anyway. -----> I didn't say this someone else did.

I had over 1200 at MB and like 200+ at Brides, and I'm not complaining that they are gone. WE ALL started at 0 again. Most of the posts are coming up. I see some where I know I posted. GET OVER IT.

Message was edited by:
kylesbaby

Posted: Apr 3, 2006 3:49 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Why do people keep saying they are leaving but keep posting the same thing every day? BLAH BLAH BLAH...if you are going to go then go, if not stay and have fun with the rest of us but please stop the redundant complaining!

Posted: Apr 3, 2006 3:51 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Ha Ha Ha!

Good question! I wanna know why too....:-)

Posted: Apr 3, 2006 4:20 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Me Too! I am getting r-e-a-l-l-y tired of all the whining going on. Suck it up Ladies and embrace the change. In the words of Martha Stewart, Its a good thing...

Posted: Apr 3, 2006 5:44 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I definitely have not posted as much as I used to, but as I am just checking out the site, it really is easy to use once you get used to it. Eventually I think it will be just as easy to navigate as the old one. I will probably post every once and a while, who knows. Change is change, and it will eventually be positive or negative. It is what you make of it.

My only gripe: I just hope they change the font so that it is easier to read.

Posted: Apr 3, 2006 7:05 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

WOW.....kylesbaby...Why are you so quick to fight with everyone lately? It's awful!

littlefirefli Posts : 259 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Apr 3, 2006 7:20 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I can understand why kylesbaby said what she said. There has been a lot of negative comments about the new boards, they're not that bad. The thing that bothers me, and I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, is that many people (not all) that are unhappy with the new boards are pissed because of the post count. I'm saying that as a person that was on both of the old boards, I felt I realy couldn't participate on the boards as much I would like because there was a group aof high posters that I felt had a hold on the board. Now don't get me wrong, they are nice people and all and none of them ever did anythigto me, but I was kind of intimidating.

Here, with everyone starting out the same, I feel that I can be a contributing member of the board. But that's just me.

Flame on!!

Message was edited by:
littlefirefli

Posted: Apr 3, 2006 7:30 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I don't think kylesbaby is quick to fight with anyone...I think she has been very sweet and understanding...the thing with losing all your posts I just don't get what the big deal is, I understand some people had tons and tons but I thought the point of the boards were to give advice, not to worry about how many posts...this way everyone is starting equal...I will for sure be sticking around I have fun talking to the girls and getting pointers!

Posted: Apr 3, 2006 8:45 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I don't think kylesbaby was quick to fight with anyone.  She simply said what a lot of us were thinking.  What is awful is all of the complaints that just keep on coming.  So I agree...Get over it or move on.  Let's plan some weddings!

Posted: Apr 3, 2006 9:04 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

How can you say that about kylesbaby?  She's been one of the most vocal about giving the boards a chance, and it's all been positive.

It really is starting to get old reading the whiney posts.  Admin isn't going to bring back the old message board format, ya'll can threaten to leave all you want.  People get engaged every day and new brides will join the boards everyday. 

If you want to leave, leave!  Good Luck! (but like I have said in a previous post, I bet a round of beer for the whole group that many of you will be back....)

And as far as the post count, I just don't get it, but hey, if that's how you put value on yourself in the setting of a message board, then get typing!  (I've gotten far better advice from a few brides with lower post counts than some with the higher counts, but HEY, that's just me).

Posted: Apr 3, 2006 9:18 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Well I said I wouldn't but now I'm gonna stay...I can't leave you all I need ya too much when I have questions..I'm gonna hang in there and stick it out with everyone else!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine