Will you stay if the boards stay like this?

Online Users: 1,320 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 49
Re: Will you stay if the boards stay like this?
Posted: Apr 2, 2006 8:37 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I just wanted to say that I have left for zoe's boards its easier to navigate, and most that have already left here have gone to her new board...thank you ladies for all your advice, and hope to see those that don't stick it out here on zoe's board

http://kolohe.proboards45.com/index.cgi

Posted: Apr 2, 2006 9:06 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

MIlitary brides board is
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wedding_bells_of_modern_bride/messages, all are welcome to join. I cannot get into Zoe's board from work, the mean ol network weenies firewall wont let that happen!

newsjunkie Posts : 3,417 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Apr 2, 2006 11:30 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I will stick around in the board and in Zoe's board. I don't like how spread out this new format is but I will give it a chance... and hope they make some good changes!

Posted: Apr 2, 2006 11:35 AM Go to message in response to: newsjunkie

I'll probably stick it out for a little while. I don't like all the seperate boards, but maybe I'll get use to it. So far I haven't posted a questions because I feel like people won't find it, but I have been replying to others. It seems like more wedding related stuff and less drama.

littlefirefli Posts : 259 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Apr 2, 2006 4:08 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I also feel that there are too many separate boards, but I can naviagte the site ok, now that I'm use to it. Also, I like the idea that we all are kinda "new" again. Before on the other threads I didn;t post as much because it seemed like I was in interloper to the community. Now I'm participating more because I can be part of a "new" community. I know many people has formed friendships and all with the old format, but you all can still meet here. It's just going to take some time to get use to the "newness".

Kind related, I was a member on both boards before, and I felt that one board (I don't remember which) was more conservitive that the other. But I like people being able to share there ideas from all points of view, even if I don't agree with everything they say.

Ok, I'm done now <)

Message was edited by:
littlefirefli

Posted: Apr 2, 2006 5:17 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Please embrace technology more ladies!! There would be NO message boards if it werent for enhancements or improvements in technology. It's all a matter of getting use to!

Posted: Apr 2, 2006 5:50 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Only if the font color/size changes. I get migraines looking at this longer than 3 minutes.

Posted: Apr 2, 2006 11:59 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I will definitely post less. The new layout is confusing and it's hard to find a lot of stuff. I don't like it at all.

Posted: Apr 3, 2006 2:42 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

no, probably not.

Posted: Apr 3, 2006 8:42 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

There are like 10 threads on how much yall hate the new boards. I am sorry but I am getting tired of the whining already! If you dont like them can you please leave now and stop coming back complaining???

Embrace the change...get used to it. I highly doubt they are going to go back to the old format. I for one am getting used to this and liking it more and more every day!

Posted: Apr 3, 2006 9:24 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I agree with Militarybride. The more I am on here the easier it gets. No it is not the same but different is not always a bad thing. I like the way you can go from thread to thread buy using the next button and I like the color coded things that let you know what you have already read and when new content is posted...I could go on. Of course there are things we don't like about the new forums but there were some things I didnt like about the old ones. I am not leaving. I still need help planning my wedding! I also need a place to go where I can talk about my wedding all I want and no one will get annoyed with me!!

Posted: Apr 3, 2006 9:33 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

LOL BriansBride! Me too! I love my FH but sometimes all I get when I mention the "wedding" is eye rolls! I love to talk about the wedding and you all understand that!

I also think militarybride is right! There are way too many plusses with the new site - I'm already used to it! The problems will go away eventually.

Nicki

Posted: Apr 3, 2006 12:36 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I agree with militarybride too. Those who are leaving didn't even give the boards a chance.
Once you get used to the boards, it is fine.

Posted: Apr 3, 2006 1:02 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'll definitely stay. Although I miss my ticker and I am too lazy to post it each time, change can be good and the board techs are listening. I think it's great that we merged - it leaves room for a lot more advice

Posted: Apr 3, 2006 1:08 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I will stay. There are so many great ladies on these boards who have awesome ideas. A little change isnt going to scare me away :D

Daisypath Ticker

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine