To those of you that need to get a life...

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 59
To those of you that need to get a life...
Posted: Mar 31, 2006 6:56 PM

I cannot believe that so many people are distraught over a message board changing format. This is simply ridiculous! I feel sorry for your future husbands that have to live with someone addicted to the internet! Get ideas from these boards and go spend time with your fiances! Don't worry about losing friends! If these people are friends then there are better ways to communicate.

By the way Zoe, I'm not a b***h, or a mole I just call them like I see them. And you seem to be too high on yourself and your 4200 posts to be a compassionate person. Say good-bye to your "friends" and move on!

Samantha

BirdLover Posts : 2,834 Registered: 3/30/06
Re: To those of you that need to get a life...
Posted: Mar 31, 2006 7:11 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

There's no need to be nasty.
I do agree that some people seem obsessed with these boards, but there's no point of being rude.

Posted: Mar 31, 2006 7:14 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Since apparently you know so much, I suppose it occured to you that many of the people on the prior forums were known for a lot of the contributions they made. Such as myra (clicking on her profile would show me all of the posts where I could view the great pics she would contribute) and Zoe (same thing). It was a wonderful convenience to be able to search by username on those old posts, and while we're able to do that here, the identities of the old posters don't allow us to search those posts by that method anymore. A sad inconvenience to those of us who were able to search that way.

But you knew that right?

Or did you just "call it like you saw it" without much thinking at all? That's how I see it. Amazing how you can extrapolate a person's motivations by a single post, huh? That's some skill you got there.

/end sarcasm

Posted: Mar 31, 2006 7:14 PM Go to message in response to: BirdLover

I don't feel I'm being rude. I'm just stating my opinion. I am sorry if you feel that I am.

BirdLover Posts : 2,834 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Mar 31, 2006 7:20 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

If you weren't trying to be rude, than I apologize. When you started with "I can't believe that" it made it sound more...judgemental maybe? You are entitled to your opinion though.

Posted: Mar 31, 2006 8:53 PM Go to message in response to: BirdLover

Are you kidding me????? You were extremely sarcastic! Watch what you say about Zoe AND myra. you will have a bunch of angry brides down your throat in no time.

Yes this is JUST the internet..but we are all people behind the screen...We have feelings you know? We develop a bond and a friendship with the other women on here...so yeah i can see how zoe or anyone else would be worried about losing their "friends"

I seriously don't know where you came from with that remark. but you really need to think before you post. brides.com was a pretty tight knit community. you hurt one persons feelings and you hurt them all.

Please.......If you don't have anything nice to say.....BE QUIET! :)

I was not going to reply to this...but you were just not nice!

Posted: Mar 31, 2006 9:03 PM Go to message in response to: BirdLover

sorry ladies...i screwed it up. i am copy and pasting from zoe's message. its in the brides section of this site

www.KoloheInc.co.nr

Posted: Mar 31, 2006 9:05 PM Go to message in response to: BirdLover

ok i screwed up that was supposed to go somewhere else and i dont know how to delete it. sorry

Posted: Mar 31, 2006 9:06 PM Go to message in response to: BirdLover

here it is...sorry ladies. i am copy and pasting zoe's link from her post in the brides.com section

www.KoloheInc.co.nr

BaconsMom Posts : 33 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Mar 31, 2006 10:22 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

This was just really unnecessary. Ad hominem attacks on posters you may have just "met" don't do anything to make the boards a welcoming place for new brides.

We're all adjusting; let's please try to do so civilly, in a spirit of friendship and helpfulness.

Posted: Mar 31, 2006 11:43 PM Go to message in response to: BaconsMom

You are blantantly talking about me solely so at least have the sack to come out and admit it. Addicted to the internet? I don't think so, and by the way, my husband is just fine, thanks for your concern I am sure he'll appreciate it. But the only person here sporting an obsession is you for me or my posts. You have made 4 posts in total all directed at me. To use your own suggestion, don't you have something better to do?

To start a post just to try and say things about me is just mean and unnecessary. Why you feel the need to is beyond me. I am upset about a few things. Yes that is one of them but why harp on it? It's my opinion and as before this afternoon (for me) there was no why I could convey it to just admin, I had to post it. And for your information. I would have PM'd my friends but I cna not figure out how to here.

If you think your smart and funny because you decide to pick on someone then guess again. If your so concerned with leaving negativity at the door maybe you should set an example by contributing to other posts about things your interested in, not starting posts to spread your judgments on other people.. But I guess setting an example is only for grown ups.

In fact the only person still mentioning this is you so how bout you quit being an immature child and just do your own thing and let other people worry about themselves.

I appreciate your understanding.

Posted: Mar 31, 2006 11:58 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

What a nasty and negative thread. You feel sorry for future husbands??? I completely respect everyone's right to their own opinion, and I am glad that you are adjusting easily to the new thread, but please give people a little adjustment time before insulting them and being mean. We're BRIDES. There are lots of women who are stressed to the max, raising kids, working full time, loving their future husbands, and trying to plan a hollywood affair for under $5000. This was just kind of a sanctuary, and with all the stress of wedding planning...having that change is really hard. I'm having a hard time myself finding my old chat buddes. ROBIN HARNEY WHERE ARE YOU!! LOL. Please give them some time to adjust, and get used to things before being mean. Let's not start off on the wrong foot here. You have your own opinion, but I'm trying to help you understand where some of these girls are coming from...I hope you'll give some compassion.

Posted: Apr 1, 2006 12:17 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

simply charming! how classy of you to vent your toxic waste on a public forum like this - one question - WHY are you here????

Posted: Apr 1, 2006 2:30 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I don't believe in giving opinions when one wasn't asked for! Who cares? How was our comments to each other in any way bothering you? And how dare you say that you feel sorry for our FH. These boards are not an addiction, they are a hobby, like dirtbike riding, surfing, and hunting are my FH's hobbies, I go horseback riding, read, and surf my message boards!

And yes, you are rude. Picking out those who have complained about the change and telling them that they need to get a life is rude! Why don't you get a life and stop meddling in others.

newsjunkie Posts : 3,417 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Apr 1, 2006 8:45 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Ladies, I think we all know now how rude this "bride" is (if she is even a bride) and I, for one, will not be assisting her in any way. We have a lot of advice and support to share and with an attitude like that I am pretty sure that nobody will be quick to help her out.

Good job, BridalBliss. You just lost the people you could have counted on the most.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine