"Brides Live Wedding"
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST.
A purchase will not improve chances of winning.
You have not yet won.
OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE AT LEAST 21 YEARS OLD AS OF THE DATE OF ENTRY
By entering this Promotion, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Any violation of these rules may, at Sponsor's discretion, result in disqualification. All decisions of the judges regarding this Promotion are final and binding in all respects.
1. PROMOTION PERIOD. Promotion begins 12:01 a.m. ET November 1, 2012 and ends 11:59 p.m. ET January 10, 2013, when all entries must be received ("Promotion Period").
2. ELIGIBILITY. This contest (the "Promotion") is only open to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia who are at least 21 years old as of the date of entry, except officers, directors, members, and employees of the Sponsor, the judging organization (if applicable), or any other party associated with the development or administration of this Promotion, and the immediate family (i.e., parents, children, siblings, spouse), and persons residing in the same household, as such individuals. This Promotion is void outside the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, and where prohibited.
3. HOW TO ENTER; WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION.
After receipt of each entry, Sponsor will send a questionnaire to selected entrants with additional questions that must be answered in order for the entry to be eligible. If your entry is received before December 15, 2012, you will have five (5) business days to return the completed questionnaire; if your entry is received on December 15, 2012 or later, you will have 48 hours to return the questionnaire. YOU MUST RETURN THE QUESTIONNAIRE BY THE APPLICABLE DEADLINE TO REMAIN ELIGIBLE.
All Phase I Submissions will be judged on or about January 11, 2013 by a panel of judges comprised of Brides editors ("Judges"). The Judges will score Phase I Submissions based on the following criteria: photogenic/telegenic quality (10%), personality (30%), romantic/heartwarming nature (30%), public vote on Brides Live Wedding app on Facebook during Phase I (30%). Note: Public voting on the Brides Live Wedding app on Facebook will be restricted to one (1) vote per person/per entrant/per day. The three (3) Phase I Submissions with the highest overall score will be declared the potential Finalists (in the event of a tie, the entry with the higher score in the personality criteria will prevail). The potential Finalists will be determined by January 17, 2013. Any potential Finalist will be notified by mail, email and/or telephone. In order to qualify as a potential Finalist, entrants and their fiancés must agree to participate (if selected as the winner) in the Brides Live Wedding event (the "Event") scheduled to take place on or about April 7, 2013 (final date of the Event to be set by Sponsor). Potential Finalists understand that Sponsor is investing substantial sums to conduct the Event on this date and Potential Finalists agree to be responsible for such expenses if they fail to participate in the Event after being chosen as the winner. If a potential Finalist: (i) cannot be contacted; (ii) does not respond within three (3) days from the date the Sponsor first tries to notify him/her; or (iii) fails to return the Affidavit and Release and/or the contract as specified in Rule 8; such potential Finalist forfeits all rights to move on to Phase II of the Promotion, and an alternate potential Finalist may be selected. Upon contacting a potential Finalist and determining that he/she has met all eligibility requirements of the Promotion, including without limitation the execution of required waivers, publicity and liability releases and disclaimers, and, at Sponsor's discretion, successful completion of a background check, such individuals will be declared a "Finalist" of the Promotion.
Phase II: Between January 22, 2013 and February 5, 2013, the three (3) Finalists will be interviewed on camera and videoed attending various wedding related events, including but not limited to dress fittings, tastings, etc., in and around the Finalists' hometowns by Sponsor, and Sponsor will edit and post the videos (the "Phase II Submissions") on the Brides Live Wedding app on Facebook. The Phase II Submissions will be judged on or about February 18, 2013 by the Judges. The Judges will score entries based on the following criteria: photogenic/telegenic quality (10%), personality (30%), romantic/heartwarming nature (30%), public vote on Brides Live Wedding app on Facebook during Phase II (30%). Note: Public voting on the Brides Live Wedding app on Facebook will be restricted to one (1) vote per person/per Finalist/per day. The Phase II Submission with the highest overall score will be declared the potential winner (in the event of a tie, the entry with the higher score in the personality criteria will prevail). The winner will be determined on or about February 19, 2013. Any potential winner will be notified by mail, email and/or telephone. If a potential winner: (i) cannot be contacted; or (ii) does not respond within five (5) days from the date the Sponsor first tries to notify him/her; such potential winner forfeits all rights to win the Promotion or receive the prize, and an alternate winner may be selected. Upon contacting a potential winner and determining that he/she has met all eligibility requirements of the Promotion, including without limitation the execution of required waivers, publicity and liability releases and disclaimers, and, at Sponsor's discretion, successful completion of a background check, such individual will be declared the "winner" of the Promotion.
4. PRIZE DESCRIPTION. There will be one (1) winner. The prize package includes: one (1) wedding dress from David's Bridal (ARV $3,000), to be selected by public vote; two (2) wedding rings from Simon G (ARV $10,000), to be selected by public vote; (1) wedding registry from Target (ARV $2,500), to be selected by public vote; a check for $9,300; and a honeymoon vacation (ARV $10,000) consisting of two (2) coach airfare tickets from the major commercial airport nearest winner's primary residence in the US to the Cayman Islands (flight may not be direct) and one (1) standard hotel room (double occupancy) for seven (7) nights at a hotel selected by public vote. The total approximate retail value of the prize package is $34,800. Actual value may vary based on various factors, including fluctuations in price for airfare and/or accommodations, and distance between the point of departure and the destination. Ground transportation, meals, in-room or other personal charges at lodging (e.g., mini-bar, movies), telephone calls, gratuities, incidentals, and all other expenses are not included. Winner and travel companion must be available to travel on the same itinerary. Trip must be booked no later than March 30, 2013 and completed by May 5, 2013, and may be subject to certain other restrictions, including without limitation blackout dates. Sponsor will attempt to accommodate winner's preferred itinerary, but all specifics thereof will be at Sponsor's sole discretion.
5. TAXES. All federal, state and/or local income and other taxes, if any, are the winner's sole responsibility.
6. OWNERSHIP AND LICENSE. All entry materials become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. The copyright in any Phase I Submission and/or Phase II Submission (collectively, the "Submission") shall remain the property of the entrant, but entry into this Promotion constitutes entrant's irrevocable and perpetual permission and consent, without further compensation, with or without attribution, to use, reproduce, print, publish, transmit, distribute, sell, perform, adapt, enhance, or display such Submission, and the entrant's name and/or likeness, for any purpose, including but not limited to editorial, advertising, trade, commercial, and publicity purposes by the Sponsor and/or others authorized by the Sponsor, in any and all media now in existence or hereinafter created, throughout the world, for the duration or the copyright in the Submission. Sponsor and/or others authorized by the Sponsor shall have the right to edit, adapt, and modify the Submission.
7. NO PRIZE TRANSFER OR SUBSTITUTION. No prize or any portion thereof is transferable or redeemable for cash. Any portion of the prize that is not used is forfeited. No substitutions for prize except by Sponsor, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be substituted.
8. CONSENT AND RELEASE. By entering the Promotion, each entrant releases and discharges the Sponsor, Facebook, judging organization (if applicable), and any other party associated with the development or administration of this Promotion, their parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, shareholders, employees, independent contractors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, "Sponsor Entities"), from any and all liability whatsoever in connection with this Promotion, including without limitation legal claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, demands or actions of any kind (including without limitation personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light) (collectively, "Claims"). Except where prohibited: (i) entry into the Promotion constitutes the consent of each entrant, without further compensation, to use his/her name, likeness, biographical data, contact information and his/her Submission for editorial, advertising, marketing, publicity, and administrative purposes by the Sponsor and/or others authorized by the Sponsor; (ii) acceptance of a prize constitutes a release by any winner of the Sponsor Entities of any and all Claims in connection with the administration of this Promotion and the use, misuse, or possession of his/her Submission or any prize; (iii) any potential Semi-Finalist and any potential Finalist may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility (including social security number), a contract committing to participate in the Event, and a liability/publicity/copyright release; and (iv) if prize involves travel or activities, any potential winner and travel companion (if applicable) may be required to execute releases of the Sponsor from any and all liability with respect to participation in such travel/activities and/or use of the prize. The potential winner and his/her fiancé must agree not to dramatically alter their physical appearances from that depicted in the Phase II Submission in such a way that it would negatively alter the Judges scoring in the photogenic/telegenic quality criteria (e.g., tattoos, drastically different haircuts, etc.). Affidavit, release and contract must be returned within five (5) days from the date that Sponsor first tries to notify the potential Semi-Finalist/Finalist. Sponsor may conduct a background check to confirm any potential Semi-Finalists'/Finalists' eligibility and compliance with these rules. By entering, you agree to cooperate reasonably with any such background check. If the prize includes participation in any public event(s) or publicity, or if Sponsor Entities intend to publicize the winner in any way, and if a background check reveals that any potential Semi-Finalist/Finalist has engaged in conduct that could damage the reputation or business of any Sponsor Entity, as determined by Sponsor in its discretion, the potential Semi-Finalist/Finalist may be disqualified and the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner. If winner is deemed to be a minor under the jurisdiction of his/her residence, the prize will be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian who must execute the necessary affidavit and release and, if applicable, must accompany winner on the trip (no additional travel expenses will be awarded should a parent or legal guardian be required to accompany the winner on the trip
9. DISCLAIMERS. (i) Sponsor not responsible for entries/votes that are lost, late, misdirected, incorrect, garbled, or incompletely received, for any reason, including by reason of hardware, software, browser, or network failure, malfunction, congestion, or incompatibility at Sponsor's servers or elsewhere. In the event of a dispute, entries/votes will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet Access Provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. (ii) Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry/voting process or the operation of the web site or otherwise attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion. Use of bots or other automated process to enter/vote is prohibited and may result in disqualification at the sole discretion of Sponsor. (iii) Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Promotion if it is not capable of completion as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, force majeure or technical failures of any sort. (iv) Sponsor Entities are not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of this Promotion, including without limitation mechanical, human, printing, distribution or production errors, and may cancel, terminate or modify this Promotion based upon such error at its sole discretion without liability. In no event will Sponsor be responsible for awarding more than the number of prizes specified in these rules. (v) In the event this Promotion is cancelled or terminated, pursuant to subparagraph (iii) or (iv), Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to select a winner from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. (vi) SPONSOR ENTITIES MAKE NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, AS REGARDS THIS PROMOTION OR THE MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR ANY COMPONENT OF ANY PRIZE. (vii) CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ATTORNEYS' FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. (viii) The value(s) of the prize(s) set forth above represent Sponsor's good faith determination of the approximate retail value(s) thereof; the actual fair market value(s) as ultimately determined by Sponsor are final and binding and cannot be challenged or appealed. In the event the stated approximate retail value(s) of a prize is more than the actual fair market value of that prize, the difference will not be awarded in cash or otherwise. No substitution or compensation will be given for any portion of the prize that is not used.
10. APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York, without regard to any principles of conflict of laws. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Promotion will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a state or federal court located in New York, New York. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of New York and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of New York. To the extent permitted by applicable law, all judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys' fees) associated with participation in this Promotion and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
11. WINNER LIST. For the name of the winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope, within six (6) months of the Judging Date, to: Winner List, "Brides Live Wedding," BRIDES Magazine, 4 Times Square, 8th Floor, New York, NY 10036.
12. SPONSORSHIP. This Promotion is sponsored by Condé Nast, 4 Times Square, New York, New York 10036 (the "Sponsor"). This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.