Photo by Jen Siska
While every bride would love to have her bridesmaid take away all the stress of the wedding, that isn't always reality. But here are some ideas on how she can make the process a bit easier.
1. GIVE YOU HONEST (but gentle) opinions as you try on dresses.
2. WEEP (along with your mom) when you finally emerge from the dressing room wearing The One.
3. CREATE a "tasteful" bachelorette-party wardrobe for you—diamond tiara, fluffy pink boa.
4. OFFER to do your hair and makeup on the wedding day.
5. STUFF 167 candy-favor bags without complaining or eating one single jellybean.
6. RECORD GIFTS at your bridal shower (in legible handwriting).
7. RUN OUT to pick up last-minute items on the wedding day.
8. CALL YOU OUT for bad behavior (i.e., making the matron of honor promise not to get pregnant before the wedding).
9. LEND YOU a shoulder to cry on when the stress gets to be too much.
10. SPEND THE NIGHT before the wedding at your place to talk, laugh, and calm your nerves.
11. DECORATE the outdoor-reception venue in scorching afternoon heat, minus any whining.
12. START DANCING to get the reception crowd up.
13. GIVE YOUR MOM special attention at the wedding—it's her day, too.
14. DEAL WITH THE DJ the second he starts spinning "Who Let the Dogs Out?"which she knows is song number one on your "don't play—ever!" list.
15. TEXT YOU post-honeymoon for drinks on Thursday night...like always.