Conde Nast Digital Studio
It's totally understandable if wedding planning is keeping you up at night. But to feel and look their best, your body and mind need sleep. Michael Breus, a specialist in the field and the author of Beauty Sleep offers his top tips to help you enter the land of nod. Sweet dreams!
1. Stop all wedding talk an hour before bedtime.
2. Avoid stimulants (caffeine and exercise) and alcohol for at least three hours before you turn out the lights.
3. Take an aromatherapy bath: Pour some lavender salts into a tub of warm water and soak for 15 to 30 minutes.
4. Invest in a good pillow that doesn't stress your neck.
5. Drink a glass of warm milk (which contains tryptophan, a chemical that some experts believe helps induce sleep) or chamomile tea; both can be part of an overall relaxation ritual before bed.
6. Read a boring book.
7. Try not to watch the clock. It only makes you more anxious and doesn't allow you to relax, so turn it away from you.