BRIDES magazine scanned the planet and hand-picked the 10 steamiest, most seductive resorts.
1. Las Ventanas al Paraiso—Los Cabos, Mexico It's hard to decide what's hotter: the sun or the star wattage from Jennifer Aniston and the other Tinseltowners who flock here. Soak it in on a poolside daybed while a butler delivers sorbets and top-shelf 'ritas. Doubles from $625(low season) and $815 (high season).
2. Hermitage Bay—Antigua Most of the 25 cottages have plunge pools, and all have wraparound balconies with ocean views. (Feel free to let it all hang out: The cottages are draped in vines and outfitted with shades.) When the sand beckons, attendants will set you up with teak lounge chairs. All-inclusive doubles from $1,000 (low season) and $2,000 (high season).
3. Jade Mountain—St. Lucia At this playful, high-design hotel, futuristic bridges lead to palatial hilltop suites with infinity pools that run the length of the room. Showers feature six rain heads, the whirlpool has multicolored light, and the front of your room is open to mountain views. Doubles from $1,150 (low season) and $1,450 (high season).
4. Maroma Resort and Spa—Riviera Maya, Mexico Maroma's milk-white beach, one of Mexico's best, is equipped with downy-soft lounge chairs. You can dine poolside or in a jungle garden. And rooms are muy Mexican, with hand-painted tiles and mosquito-netted beds. Doubles from $475 (low season) and $525 (high season).
5. Four Seasons Hualalai—The Big Island, Hawaii A winding road through lava fields leads to the bungalow hideaways of Julia Roberts and friends. You'll find bamboo furnishings and an aromatherapy turndown menu, plus a lanai with Pacific views. There are four pools, Hawaii's top spa, and torch-lit walks along plumeria-scented trails. Doubles from $595 (low season) and $775 (high season).
6. Mystique—Santorini, Greece What makes your heart pound, aside from the stairs, is the view of the Aegean. The 16 cliffside suites and two villas have cave-dweller decor (boulder-shaped chairs, tree-branch lamps) and ultrathick (soundproof!) walls. Sipping wine on your terrace is a preview of heaven. Doubles from $693 (low season) and $965 (high season).
7. Trisara—Phuket, Thailand Each sprawling bungalow, plunked on a beachfront hill, has a pool (big enough for laps), outdoor dining (you can order every meal in), and fab Andaman Sea views. Bathrooms have tubs made for two, couches, and shutters, so you can admire waves while you brush your teeth. Doubles from $660 (low season) and $835 (high season).
8. Le Tahaa Resort and Spa—Motu Tautau, French Polynesia This private-island resort plunges you so deep into fantasyland, it's easy to play shipwrecked lovers. There's a serene little spa, a treetop restaurant, and 60 bungalows, most resting on stilts that rise from a lagoon. Doubles from $800 (low season) and $915 (high season).
9. Viceroy Palm Springs—Palm Springs, California There's mischief aplenty at this oasis. The lobby bar opens onto the adult pool, and a sexy international crowd frequents the 24-hour hot tub. Rooms feature bars stocked with top-shelf booze and shag rugs that conjure naughty images of 1960s Rat Pack trysts. Doubles from $120 (low season) and $190 (high season).
10. Gansevoort—Miami Beach If your idea of sexy is a scorching party, this is the place. During the day, sun at the third-floor pool, where PYTs eyeball one another—in between BlackBerry checks. At night, pass through the rooftop's velvet rope and enter a mojito-fueled scene. Doubles from $245 (low season) and $395 (high season).
Contributors: Chanize Thorpe, Cathay Che, Bob Payne, and Lena Katz