Photo: Getty Images
If there's one thing all brides can agree on, it's that they're all searching for that ethereal bridal glow. From changing up your skin routine, to upping your water and super food intake, we've got 4 easy ways to make that search within reach.
1. Switch Up Your Routine: If you're stuck in a rut, um, routine, it might be time to change things up. Focus on cleansing, toning, and moisturizing day and night, but also add a serum or oil (like Pixi's Rose Oil Blend, $24) to maximize hydration and nourishment.
2. Exfoliate, Exfoliate, Exfoliate: The secret to unearthing glowing sking? Sloughing off all the stuff that's hiding it. Make sure exfoliation is part of your new skin care regimen. Look for a toner you can use daily (or every other day if you have sensitive skin), is alcohol free, and relies on natural products like ginseng to remove dead skin cells. Pixi's Glow Tonic ($29) has glow built in the name and it does all that plus helps tone, and tighten.
3. Mask It Up: Want to see results fast at home? Start making time for a weekly spa session with an at-home mask. All you need is 15 minutes (once or twice a week) with Pixi's Glow Mud Mask ($22) to reveal balanced, glowing skin.
4. Drink More Water: Everyone says it, and it's true, you'll see a difference in your skin when you start drinking more water. If you're not already getting your recommended 8 oz., make sure to sneak in some extra sips. Make it a habit by adding lemons and cucumbers for fruit and an extra dose of skin boosting benefits.
5. Sneak in Super Foods: It's true, some foods really do carry skin-boosting properties. Avocados and salmon are widely known to give skin that extra glow so sneak them into your meals once a day on the weeks leading up to your wedding. Other mega antioxidant boosters include blueberries, blackberries, flax seeds (add some to your salad, yogurt or smoothie!), and even dark chocolate. See, good skin is not as out of your reach as you thought!