Photo: Christina Bernales
As summer finally arrives, sweltering temps have us thinking about a beautiful mountain retreat in the snowy Alps, a chic ski chalet in Vail, a jaunt to the Southern hemisphere's wintery temps, or even a delightfully chilly Iceland trip — perfect honeymoon destinations for a couple that doesn't want the tried and true tropical locations. So what do you pack in lieu of sunscreen and beach towels for a honeymoon with snow instead of sand? We've rounded up a mix of our favorite products (some of which you can even register for!) for a perfectly packed snow honeymoon suitcase.
1. The perfect suitcase for a snowy retreat: Something white, of course! We love this Herschel hard suitcase, easy to clean if it (gasp!) gets a mark or two when in transit unlike other light color luggage that is fabric or leather.
2. A good book: You're going to need something cozy to read all curled up by the fire, and what better time to delve into something classic (and long) than when you have lots of free time on your hands? We suggest giving Anna Karenina a try — with 800+ pages it should keep you occupied.
3. A stylish and warm boot: Besides a snow boot that will keep your feet toasty when you're tromping through the snow, it's nice to have another pair that checks both the semi-practical (read: keeps you warm) and stylish boxes. We love this pair from No. 6—shearling lined, heeled, and water repellent!
4. A luxe travel blanket: There's nothing better than a super soft and cozy blanket when you're traveling, and this mohair throw from Restoration Hardware is not only perfect for the plane, but a great addition to your registry! Get it in a neutral like cream or camel so you can have it for years, regardless of how many times you switch up your living room or bedding palette.
5. An oversized tote: Another perfect travel piece, and perfect for carrying around all your bulkier winter weather accessories once you get to your honeymoon spot. Keep your palette consistently neutral and icy toned and go for this tote in pearl gray.
6. Sunscreen perfect for skiing: Just because you aren't going to the beach doesn't mean you can forget the sunscreen! It's essential to have a good sunscreen since the sun hits you from two directions: both directly, and reflecting off the snow. Clarins makes a great UV PLUS Anti-Pollution Sunscreen that is also tinted to make getting ready easy before you head out on the slopes. And don't forget your lips! Make sure you're not only keeping them moisturized so they don't chap, but that you're using something with an SPF, otherwise your lips will burn from the wind AND the sun! We love this lip trio from Supergoop!, specially formulated to protect against winter's chill.
See More: 5 Dreamy Ski Honeymoons