Photo: Courtesy of Vendors; Illustration by Katie Buckleitner
Looking like the best version of yourself on your wedding day (and beyond!) can be pretty pricy. In fact, brides spend an average of $1,851 on beauty products during their engagement alone. Instead of dumping those funds into products that don't perform, try our editor-approved list, filled with the very best beauty buys for 2016.
So how do you know these picks are actually worth the price? The editors at Brides tested hundreds of products to bring you the best of the best, and today we're focusing in on our favorite products to give you a flawless face by the time you say "I do."
1. Eye-Makeup Remover: Lancôme Bi-Facil Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover, $29
Waterproof anything doesn't stand a chance against this puppy. Says our tester, "It made my skin soft — and left no trace of mascara under my eyes after I washed my face."
2. Face Mask: GlamGlow Supermud Clearing Treatment, $69
It has charcoal to tighten pores and clear acne, alpha- and beta-hydroxy acids to brighten, and a spa-like minty scent.
3. Redness Reducer: La Roche-Posay Rosaliac AR Intense, $40
Our rosacea-afflicted staffers love how it soothes flushed cheeks. "It's hydrating and cool to the touch, and it doesn't interfere with foundation," raves one.
4. Brightener: Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Ferulic Acid + Retinol Brightening Solution, $88
Meet your new bridal glow-getter: Retinol exfoliates, azelaic amino acid brightens, and antioxidants fend off sun damage. "Radiant" is how one tester described her skin after using it.
5. Night Cream: NIA 24 Skin Strengthening Complex, $93
Niacin fades dark spots, green tea and rosemary restore, and a peptide complex reduces wrinkles. "I like cold, hard science in my skin care, and this is it," one enthusiast reports. "I saw a difference in two weeks."
6. Day Cream: Olay Regenerist UV Defense Regenerating Lotion SPF 50, $25
Think SPF 50 will make you look ghostly? Think again. We can't believe how barely there it feels.
7. Acne Fighter: Clinique Acne Solutions Clinical Clearing Gel, $26
Most spot treatments get rid of pimples, only to leave you with dry, flaky skin, but this "went on clear and improved my pimple-prone chin area," says our tester.