Photo: Getty Images
As exciting as wedding planning is, for a lot of brides, getting back to the "normal life" post-wedding can feel like the best thing ever. Think no drama, no stress and definitely nothing else to plan — for a very, very long time — besides your thank you note strategy. From selecting bridesmaids to researching vendors, here is a list of the wedding to-dos you'll be relieved to never have to do again once the big day is done.
1. Creating a seating chart. Baby showers don't require seating charts, do they? Not that you're planning on having a kid anytime soon or anything, but it's just the mere thought of actually creating another seating chart that makes you break out in a sweat.
2. Selecting bridesmaids. So much pressure! It's like how many do you have? Who do you ask? Who not to ask? How do you ask? Who do you make your maid of honor? Will someone's feelings get hurt if they aren't included? Oh, and who knew bridesmaids could be so expensive!
3. Forcing your groom to participate. Okay, you will probably — scratch that, definitely — have to do this again at some point. At least it won't be over flower arrangements and ceremony decorations though. Thank goodness!
4. Researching/hiring wedding vendors. OMG, the agony! Sure it was all fun and games at first, but it became really old, fast. Reading reviews, going over contracts, requesting information, trying to find someone that fits the budget, actually interviewing the person — the list goes on. It's completely and utterly exhausting.
5. Tackling wedding DIY projects. Pinterest made it look so easy when, in fact, it was anything but. While there will certainly be some DIY projects in your future, hopefully none the scope and size of your handmade wedding favors — what a nightmare.
6. Narrowing down the guest list. It's never been this hard to figure out whom to invite to your birthday dinner. When you're footing the bill and your parents want to invite all of their friends and everything is ten times the normal price, the whole wedding guest list thing becomes a huge pain in the butt. It can cause fights and makes you lose sleep at night — however, luckily, no longer!