Photo: Getty Images
You might picture Bradley Cooper sweeping you off your feet and carrying you to your bedroom. Or perhaps your fantasy is on the kinky side, à la 50 Shades of Grey experience with your husband. Point is, it's normal to sexually fantasize as a married woman. "It is common to want to escape reality and the norm and experience something a little more on the wild, adventurous, and or even kinky," says sex expert Nikki Ransom-Alfred. "Or, if you're tired of having the same routine sex life, you'll fantasize about a more exciting, spontaneous, or romantic sex life."
Here, according to Ransom-Alfred, are five totally normal sex scenes you might be playing on repeat in your mind:
1. "Making love in a romantic setting, such as in Paris or on the beach."
2. "Having sex with a rugged stranger such as a firefighter, or a famous person like Brad Pitt."
3. "Being whisked away by their husband on a romantic rendezvous and having sex in an elegant suite."
4. "Taking a romantic, sex-filled vacation."
5. "Being overpowered in the bedroom."
Though harmless, fantasies often hint at a deeper need than a momentary distraction. Ransom-Alfred explains that romance-oriented fantasies have a basis in craving more attention or appreciation from our spouses. "The relationship might need more romance," she says. Those fantasies that lean more toward kink might mean "a woman needs more spontaneity, spice, passion, variety, and to feel desired," she explains.