Photo: Courtesy of vendors; Illustration by Christina Park
We welcome them into our homes, onto our furniture and, sometimes, even into our beds. So why not let them be a part of the wedding day? I'm talking, of course, about our beloved pets. Whether your dog is walking down the aisle or just posing for pictures, he or she needs to look special too. Here are a few show-stopping accessories that will get them in celebration mode.
1. The Elizabeth Taylor of dog collars. This gleaming silver strap is adorned with oversized stones so the bride isn't the only one playing dress-up.
Diva Pet Collar, $48, available at Baublebar
2. Black-tie weddings are no problem for Fido, thanks to this made-to-order two-piece tuxedo set. Velcro closures on the collar-bowtie and trimmed shirt cuffs makes it easy to wear.
Tuxedo Collar Dog Bow Tie and Cuff, $69.50, available at Etsy
3. No doubt your pup takes pride in his important job as ring bearer. The ribbon on this collar sign takes care of securing the rings so he can ham it up all the way down the aisle (it even comes in customizable colors!).
Wooden Dog Bone-Shaped Wedding Sign, $35, available at Etsy
5. Every day leashes are boring; lead the way with a little sparkle. This rhinestone mesh leash screams special occasion and pairs perfectly with an evening collar.
Silver Rhinestone Dog Leash, $32, available at Etsy
6. A preppy or nautical wedding wouldn't be complete without a little seersucker. The collar, which is available in all sizes, is adjustable and the bowtie sticks on with Velcro, making it easy to mix and match.
Bow Tie Dog Collar, $36, available at Bitch New York